Blocked pores

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

cj

Blocked pores

Post by cj »

Hi everyone - I've been using the DS products since last June and have had very very good results - thanks to Walter and all. I just wanted to share some info with you that might be helpful.

I have always had enlarged, blocked pores on my nose (ever since I can remember and definitely for years before I developed rosacea) but no matter how many blackhead removing/pore refining products I used, I still had these horrid things. Anyway, as my skin has improved so much since the DS products, I decided to treat myself to a treatment to zap the red spider veins on the side of my nose (that have been there since I was a teenager - now 30).

The vascular surgeon successfully zapped them - hurrah - but also mentioned the blocked pores. According to him, they're due to especially sticky sebum that some people have (usually genetic) which causes the blocked pores but also makes rosacea worse due to 1. pressure on the veins/skin and 2. habouring infection including the demodex bugs.

So, he gave me a gel called "Isotrex Gel" which he promised would work. I've been using it now (just on my nose as I'm happy with the ds for the rest of my face) for a month and it really has helped (supposed to take upto 8 weeks to really see a difference). So, for me, the two products used in conjuction have been fantastic (beware of very dry, peeling skin initially for both though!).

Hope this is interesting to someone!

CJ

PS, don't use isotrex if you are pregnant or planning.
pas

Post by pas »

hi
just wondering how long it took you to see results with ds products .
cj

Post by cj »

very soon - although after a week I got, like most, the very dry skin which looked terrible for a couple of weeks. I would say, after using the products for a month, I was happy to go out with no make-up, my skin was not nearly so red and felt far smoother.

CJ
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello CJ

Sounds interesting that "Isotrex Gel"
what exactly did it do for your skin?

Walter
pas

isotrex

Post by pas »

when my skin was very bad when i was about 18 I used isotrex its basically vitamin A. it worked wonders for my skin and my skin was clear of acne in about 5 weeks. howver i have heard its a bad idea to use vit a on rosaceea skin

The only thing is it would be too difficult for me to use this product again as it is very very drying
cj

Post by cj »

Hi Walter - well, I haven't used the Isotrex Gel on my cheeks (where I have the rosacea) but I have used it on my nose and forehead and it has really helped to unclog pores and promote smooth skin. I always had really horrible blackheads all over my nose but now, after only 4 weeks use, they've practically gone. The pores are still slightly enlarged, but have also improved. It is, as Pas says, a derivitive of Vit A and is used often with people suffering from acne.
The only negative thing I would say is that my nose, although very smooth, is a bit red. I feel, though, that this will settle down.
I have very snsitive skin though, so if I can handle it, I think anyone can!
CJ