went off ZZ cream - update

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

anja

went off ZZ cream - update

Post by anja »

I stopped the ZZ cream after only about a month and a half of use because I went on a homeopathic progam and couldn't use any products that contained mint or camphor during the treatment. I'm stll off the ZZ, since I'm still on the homeopathics.

I think the immune issue is pretty important in all this. I had been carrying a heavy load of chronic systemic infection, probably for years, and I knew my immune function was compromised. My homeopath found a number of viruses, pathogenic bacteria, black mold, amoeba parasite, and mycoplasm, among other things. Sheesh! Surprsing I could still walk around.

Anyway, I can tell I'm getting healthier, and I think that's the reason my skin has been pretty good since going off the ZZ. I have to say I didn't have a real bad problem to begin with, mostly just redness and peeling/itchy red rash around the nose (which I swear I got from my dog), white bumps under the skin here and there, and some acne that would come and go. I've had a little acne since I stopped using the ZZ, a zit here and there - a couple big ones right after I stopped it, actually, but the red rash around the nose never came back (a few capillaries, still).

If anything starts flaring up again after I"m off the homeopathics, I'll go back to using the ZZ cream daily, and this time for the full recommended amount of time, but I think it's possible my immune system might be handlng the mites right now. I have a feeling they are still there because I do get some weird phantom itching, and still a few pimples occasionally, but overall, it looks pretty good. No one would look at me and say I have a skin problem, that's for sure.

Either way, I'm really impressed with the product.

The other thing is I eat a pretty healthy diet and try to exercise regularly. No processed foods or dairy, I eat naturally lacto-fermented foods for the acidophilus, take omega 3 fatty acids, all that stuff. I still believe the health of the gut and liver are important in skin issues, as well. I've done a lot of bowel cleansing and liver flushing that have helped my overall health quite a bit, and many people find improvment in their skin conditions when they clean and balace things on the inside.
kara

Post by kara »

Anja,
I think my immune system is compromised as well. I always fells tired even when I sleep a lot. I eat mostly healthy and exersize. I went to so many doctors and they can't find anything wrong. I need to seek help of alternative medicine. How did you find your homeopath doctor? Where is he located? Can you tell more about your treatment? Thank you .
Kara
anja

Post by anja »

I"m in SE Michigan, the homeopath is a woman I met through my chiropractor. There are so many naturopathic and alternatve practitioners out there, but finding the really good ones or the program(s) that will help you can be a lot of trial and error. Local health food stores or vegetarian restaurants might have business cards of local practitioners. Word of mouth is usually the way the really good practitioners build their business, so ask around. You might start researching some things at http://www.curezone.com. That's actually where I heard about Demodex Solutions. I've done a lot of the cleansing protocols they recommend there. I've been working on improving my health for many yaers, and I've definitely made progress, but I still have a ways to go. Everyone is different, too, but the health of the bowel is a big one for a lot of people and maintaining a healthy gut ecology. It affects everything. My experience so far is that if you don't do some basic internal "house-cleaning" and find a diet that is really balanced, natural and suited to your particular nutritional needs (you might look into the blood type diet and check out a book called "Nourishing Traditions" as an example), all the other stuff like herbs, homeopathics, accupuncture, etc. are much less effective or only band-aids on the problem. It's way too vast of territory for me to go into all of it, but that curezone web site is a good place to start learning, you'll bump into links for other good sites, too. I've done the Hulda Clark liver flush about 10 times, which I read about there, and that was a real life-saver. If you're new to the alternative route, there is a lot to learn, but just get started!

Oh, one more idea - have you heard about live blood analysis? It's basically a trained eye looking at a fresh drop of your blood on a slide and what can be seen there in terms of how the cells look, whether there are fungal organisms, debris, etc. in the blood, can be a good indicator of your health issues and what you need to work on. The person I saw for that also looked at a drop of dried blood, later, to get further information. That can be a really useful tool, as well.

Good luck!
kara

Post by kara »

Thank you so much. This curezone website is great source of information. I am in the process of reading scary stories of parasites living on our bodies.

Can you descibe how you started you treatment? What type of cleansing you did? What products did you use? I think I need to start with getting rid of parasites and cleaning up my bowels, then liver.
Kara
anja

Post by anja »

Kara, I would do a bowel cleanse first, then parasite cleanse, then liver. For many people that's enough to significatly improve their health, as long as they don't continue on with the habits that made them sick in the first place. The guy that heads up the Barefoot Herbalist forum at Curezone makes some fantastic herbal formulas. (I don't agree with all his philosphies, but he makes some wonderful products, most according to Dr. Christopher's formulas, a very well respected herbalist.) They are a small family-owned business in Ohio. His De-Wormer is one of the best on the market in my opinion, and very strong. If you have not done any cleansing before and have eaten a standard american diet all your life, I'd advise going slowly. Sometimes you will feel worse before you feel better when you're dumping toxins, and by all means continue reading and educating yourself before tyring things without the guidance of a naturopath. Don't be freaked out by the idea of parasites - we're all host to them at one time or another, you can't totally avoid them, but you can keep them in check, and they won't want to stay in a healthy body that's vibrating at a high level. I've tried many, many products, and I would say you just have to experiment, ask for advice, and figure out what's best for your body and your budget. The most important thing is just getting on a natural diet and cleaning out your body. I am still learning about supplements and vitamins, I think a very small percentage of nutritional supplements are healthy and useful, and that's where a health practitioner can help you. My experience has been that as long as you're carrying parasites, have a clogged, imbalanced bowel and a congested liver, all the supplments in the world won't really make a dent in your health. Just keep reading, it will all gel in your mind soon enough. There are so many approaches, and what's right for one person might not be for another. Good luck! You're on your way.