post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Brian Kleker

Post by Brian Kleker »

Brian
Marla

The Business of Medicine

Post by Marla »

Brian, I'm sorry about what happened at the doctor's office. It's a sign of boilerplate medicine. The doctors are under pressure to move patients through the office as quickly as possible. The pressure comes from other corporation members to build their financial gain. If one doctor takes fewer patients, then each doctor in the corporation receives less compensation.

Drat. It is discouraging for patients as well as doctors. Fortunately, I have a doctor who works alone and keeps his practice small and manageable. He does not expect to grow wealthy at the expense of his patients. He gets much satisfaction from his work, and his patients revere him.

Possibly the doctor did not look you in the eye because it would mean that he would be forced to see you as a person and treat you as a person. Why wouldn't he want to do that? I think he does want to do that. Again, the corporate demands likely do not allow him the time it takes to treat the whole person.

Try going to a D.O., and see if there is a difference.

Anyway, I am glad you are in touch with us through this forum. We listen. We understand.

The idea that all the big bad medicine in the world can't make your skin better, but a little green and white jar of Chinese ointment can, is humbling. It's difficult to make the leap from IPL to a little jar of who-knows-what!

If the little jars cost 10-cents, would you use the product? If they cost $150? Or $1,200? See how your perception of a product or service varies when we look at it that way?

For a moderate cost, the little jar comes to you with big promise. Your hopes have been dashed before. You think you have done everything because the most expensive people have told you so. What are you going to tell people when your skin clears after using a little jar of ointment? :)

Brian, the problem is that everyone has mites. Not everyone has skin problems from mites. The majority of people do not have skin problems from mites. The rest of us are tormented by them, and nobody tells us exactly why.

Most of us in this forum have had some signs of trouble early in life. Allergies to citrus, cats, dogs, feathers, wool, and other aggravating things often precede skin problems.

The mites are much larger than the particles and other organisms they transport. What they bring into our skin depends on where they were prior to establishing themselves on us. If the source of re-infestation is the same, then we can expect that the mites transfer new loads of smaller particles into our skin continuously.

Perhaps we have many mites in our skin that do not cause aggravation. Then again, we might have an allergy to the proteins of mites. Anyway, who cares? We have ZZ. :wink:

Sincerely,
--Marla