how often can i use a moisturizer

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

tamaral

how often can i use a moisturizer

Post by tamaral »

I just started 2 days ago using the acarid soap and zz cream at night. My face is so tight, itchy, dry and flakey. I have been moisturizing in the morning with jojoba oil. Can I also use a moisturizer at night once I've applied the zz cream. I can't even wear makeup my skin is so flakey and peely. I would be grateful for any suggestions you may have. Thanks
kiva

Re: how often can i use a moisturizer

Post by kiva »

Hi, I am fairly new to all this so others may be able to help more regarding moisturizers, but just wanted to say that when I started ZZ cream my face was very dry and flakey for about 2-3 weeks and then the dryness started to subside and now I only get a little bit of dryness...

I didn't use moisturizer during those initial weeks (even though I was desperate to!) as I didn't want to interfere with the treatment or "feed" the mites...but I think Walter or other people would be able to write more about whether it actually does any harm or not.

But, from my experience, the dryness started to clear up on its own once the skin got used to the ZZ cream so I don't know if you want to wait it out a little bit... :0)
Walter

Post by Walter »

hello

Like Kiva already wrote, most of the time this dry skin problem becomes better
and better further in the treatment.
If it is really too much, start your treatment slower like using every 3 days only in the evening,
then later, every 2 days till you can use every night again.

Regarding moisturizer, from the feedback we had a aloe Vera based moisturizer seems to work the best,
however, applying together with the ZZ is not so good idea.

Walter
tamaral

Post by tamaral »

Thanks for the responses. Do you know if using jojoba oil in the morning feeds the mites?
Walter

Post by Walter »

Don't think it matters
if it benefits you, just use.

Walter