Peeling and Weeping

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

T.R. in MD

Peeling and Weeping

Post by T.R. in MD »

To anyone who may know:

I have been using the zz cream for about a week, and as stated in a previous post began experiencing worsening symptoms on or about the 4th day of usage. I am still quite concerned, as after more than a week now, the zz cream still burns when I apply it, resulting (in some areas) in patches of blistered skin, to the point where it is peeling and 'weeping' (clear liquidoozes up from the skin). In other areas I am still breaking out, although I was expecting this to happen as has been stated many times here in the forum. I would just like to hear from anyone who may have had similar results, as I would like to know how long they continued, or if this is a sign that my symptoms mean that I should not be using the ointment.

R,

Tom Roberts
DANA

peeling and weeping

Post by DANA »

T.R.
I have experienced that rawness that your getting and boy does the z cream sting on these areas. You might be spreading it on too thick. I remember reading a post from Walter re this. He said to use less z cream. Wet your face first and use just a thin layer.
I believe the fumalin cream would help the healing process though. I am going to order that next.
When I used less it got better.

What ever you do do not go out in the sun while this is going on it will scar your face. Have patience. My face is starting to feel very soft after 5 weeks.
:wink:
T.R. in MD

Thanks-will try

Post by T.R. in MD »

Dana,

Thankyou for the advice. I did look back through the forum and found postings related to this problem too. I worry as well, however, in that I have had laser treatment in the same area that's inflamed, and I remember Walter commenting that this may be an issue. No problem staying out of the sun; I am a prisoner of on-line college courses, and have virtually no free time, LOL! In the meantime, I am giving myself a day off of the cream, to promote some healing, and will be sure to use sparingly from now on. We'll see how that works!

R,

Tom R.
Walter

Post by Walter »

This skin reaction looks a bit to severe, slow down, let your skin heal first and then start very slowly again, you probable used to much, start with using every other day only in the evening and if this is ok, every evening till you are sure you can use twice a day, starting can be a problem sometimes.
If you find out that even using one time every other day cause this reaction then you are probably allergic to sulfur but lets see first what happens.

Walter