4th day of usage-questions regarding ZZ usage

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

T.R. in MD

4th day of usage-questions regarding ZZ usage

Post by T.R. in MD »

Walter (and others):

I started using the ZZ cream 4 days ago, and although the first three were uneventful, I am experiencing a reaction here on the fourth day (more inflammation and pustules). Most of the posts on the forum indicate that I should be seeing a reaction approximately 10 days after starting the treatment. For clarity's sake, I can say that the added inflamation and pustules are indeed in the localized area of my existing rosacea, so I don't know if this is a good indication that I am killing mites or not.

Also, the instruction sheet that came with the cream states to use the product 2-3 times a day. This is contradictory to other advice about using the cream once a day, usually before bed. I could probably use the cream frequently on the weekend, however I do work in an office environment during the week, and this would definitely cause concern among my co-workers. Am I bound to the 2-3 times a day rule, or can I still achive results with once a day application?

Lastly, as expected, the ZZ cream is drying out my skin quite a bit. Since I have also been made aware that the mites like the added oils from common moisterizers, how do I keep my skin form flaking without 'giving the enemy aid and comfort'.

I would appreciate any answers and recommendations you all may have.

Respectfully,

Tom Roberts
Walter

Post by Walter »

It is completely normal you get already after 3 day's more pimples, some get immediately, some only after 14 day's.................
so to answer your question, yes, it is probably a good thing and a sign you are killing the mites.

If you skin can handle it, it is indeed better to use more then one time a day but you will read on the same paper that the evening treatment is the most important one, our experience tells us that in most cases one time is enough, best to apply already in the evening and not to wait till you go to sleep though.

Most people are doing well with using the Fumanling cream during the day to moisturize the skin (and kill mites as well).
For the people who don?t want or are not able to use the Fumanling we are still looking our self for a good moisturizer but maybe some other people will answer you about their moisturizing solutions they used.
Most of the time, this dry skin problem becomes less and less while using though.

Walter
T.R. in MD

Thanks Walter

Post by T.R. in MD »

O.k., I'll take your advice, and keep on using the ZZ cream once every evening.

Thanks,

Tom R.
T.R. in MD

Just to be sure...

Post by T.R. in MD »

Walter,

I want to be sure I am on the right track here, and that you fully understand what I'm experiencing. My skin's reaction seems pretty severe and unexpected, and I can tell that it is somewhat 'burned' (it's red and sore to the touch) beyond my normal rosacea. I'm noticing this more as the morning progresses. I want to have faith that this is only temporary, and the reaction will subside as long as I continue with the treatment. Is this correct?

R,

Tom R.
Walter

Post by Walter »

It is almost impossible for me to say from a distance if this is an allergic reaction from the ZZ or a reaction from killing the mites, what I think it is anyway, you can test this on a place of your face which looks healthy, if you apply there and nothing happens means you are not allergic to the ZZ and the reaction on your nose is just from killing a lot of mites, in this case it will slowly become better and better.

Walter