Immediate results

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

gettingbetter

Immediate results

Post by gettingbetter »

I am so grateful. I have seen immediate results. My rosacea is a new development that has been progressively getting worse over the past year. It presents itself most aggressively after I have been hiking (sun, sweat, heat) or working outside. My face gets swollen and the red areas which cover cheeks, nose, chin, and upper lip welt up and start itching. The skin also thickens in those areas. It takes a week for the swelling to subside. The itching at night became intolerable and caused me to loose sleep.
Was told by a dermatologist that there wasn't much I could do as no cream would help. She said for me to take an antihistamine before hiking. That's it. As I hike almost every day, I would need to pump a lot of drugs into my body. Not something I want to do. That's when I started researching and found your site and product. Received my order three days ago. That evening I used the ZZ ointment. By morning I could see the difference. I didn't itch throughout the night and the redness had subsided considerably. Then tried the XFML cream in the morning. It seems OK but I like the ZZ ointment better (and with a fine mist spray bottle you can spritz your face to aid in the application of the ointment....makes it very easy).

The only thing I am aware of.....the glands in my neck seem slightly enlarged and my eyeballs ache a little bit. Is there anything in either cream that might cause that?

Other than that, I am thrilled with the product. For me, I will probably stick with the ZZ cream on my next order as it agrees with me more. I also need a good hike in hot weather to see if the triggers that bring on a reaction have been tamed. (I had stopped hiking in order to not live with a swollen, red face.)

Thank you so much for your supportive website and your most excellent product.
gettingbetter

Re: Immediate results

Post by gettingbetter »

Hi Rosie,

Sorry to be confusing in my post about using a spray bottle. I don't put the ointment in the spray but just use the spray to moisten my face after washing and patting dry. I have a sprayer that is already filled with a special thermal water which is supposed to be soothing and anti-irritating for sensitive skin. (I like it a lot) It is made by Avene (available on Amazon). It throws a super fine mist so you don't get a lot of water on your face. The ZZ ointment just glides on the surface of the mist and is so easy to rub in. As Walter and others keep saying, you only need a tiny amount. With the mister, that is all you use, a tiny amount.

Hope this helps. Thanks for your encouragement. Wishing the same for you. Are you able to exercise without aggravating the situation? Any tips?

Thanks!
gettingbetter
Eden

my issues

Post by Eden »

Hi,
I'm just about to start my treatment by the beginning of next month. I have been dealing with these mites since May 2009 with no support from my family at all. The doctors don't believe me which then leads my family to believe I'm delusional. Ummm... has anyone ever heard of a misdiagnosis, lol! Anyway the symptoms have gotten worse which by reading on the internet not I'm positive it is demodex. I have the crusty eyes in the morning, biting and crawling sensation on my face, scalp, and body now, my pores have enlarged, from time to time i see little black specks, my skin gets inflamed, my face is oily (which i've never had super oily skin until now), and I have pimples/pustules. So basically I think I got it from this bed i bought so since then I've thrown that bed away and have purchased bed and pillow covers for my new bed. I've been cleaning like mad but it seems that I can't get rid of them in my environment. I'm moving at the beginning of next month so i figured i should wait until then because I may possibly be wasting the medicine here if I'm just re-exposing myself to the mites. I'm just so sad because I love to workout and i can't even do that anymore. I feel confident this product will help but do i just use the ZZ cream on my face and what do i do for my body, eyelashes, and scalp? What about the environment? If i take care of my skin would that lead to better results in the environment? And would you say I should just start treatment now instead of waiting? does it make a difference in your opinion?
Eden

Thanks

Post by Eden »

Yes, thank you. I'm starting to think I didn't get it from the bed either. I just don't have any clue where I picked it up from or how I got it. Well I used the shampoo once and it did wonders for my head but I suppose since I used the sheets that were already on my head that I reinfected myself. But today I'm moving and I'm hoping getting out of this environment will help with my treatment. I guess it's still too early to tell but I've been using the ZZ cream in the afternoon (since that's when i shower) and before bed. I'm using the acarid soap which I've noticed if i don't use it i start seeing the black specks. And I've been using the shampoo but trading off days with using selsun blue. I haven't used any lotion because before i started treatment when i would put lotion on i would feel biting and pinching like they were attracted to biting me more because of the moisture. I don't know but i stopped doing that simply because I'll do whatever to make them stop :/ I've seen in other posts Walter would say not to use too much ZZ cream so I haven't. I didn't really have a major breakout i had some white heads come to the surface, you know the kind that are really deep but actually my face looks a lot better although i still feel the crawling sensation. Weird thing happened the other day when i went to my friend's house which was the place where i experienced my first symptom which was a red swollen welt that was sort of white on my elbow. I slept over there and i get a whole bunch of bites all over my body which were red and itchy like hell. A couple of them were really big swollen welts that sort of rise. I went out to get some hydro-cortisone cream because the itching was unbearable. I am starting to think I got it there but this doesn't fit with demodex. I was looking up chiggers and that seemed plausible to me, what do you think? Oh I almost forgot. I have also been seeing jumping things like fleas and I saw something small in my sink like a little red bug like maybe a baby bug.
gettingbetter

Post by gettingbetter »

Hi Eden,

Sounds like you might have gotten attacked by bed bugs while visiting your friend.

What I am finding with this process is that you have a period when things go well and then it seems like you are having a relapse. When you read all the Demodex Solution literature, you find that is because of the newly hatched batch of mites. Walter has to do a lot of hand-holding to get us through the bad times because it is so discouraging. Keep the faith and just keep up the routine. As he says in some of his responses, it can take six months for some people.

Also, keep using clean towels daily on your face and change pillow cases frequently to be sure you are avoiding re-introducing the mites.

Glad to hear you liked the shampoo and soap. I will get both with my next order.

Best of luck with your move and new environment,
Nina
Eden

New Environment

Post by Eden »

Thank you so much Nina and Rosie :) I hope your treatments are going well, how long has it been? Any progress? I hope so.
Does anyone know what the black specks are? I think it's the mites because sometimes i feel a bite and I'll rub that area and find the small black dot on my finger but I was wondering if that could be there feces.
Yes, when i come out the shower I don't really need to dry my face because my face dries up fast by itself since the skin is so dry from the cream, I just don't want to put anything else on my face during treatment. Also I wet my face before i put on the zz cream that way the zz cream doesn't leave white marks. I feel good when I use the shampoo in conjunction with the cream but when I skip a day of washing my hair it feels like what's in my hair starts coming down on my face. Or maybe they were already there? Anyways, waiting to put in my next order as soon as i get paid that way I don't run out. This is my only hope and relief so I don't want to go a day without it.
I also bought 20 Mule Borax to wash my clothes in. Should my dirty clothes go in a plastic bag? Should I be cleaning my room like mad? Do you think it makes a difference? Or would cleaning on the weekend suffice? I like to clean my computer area daily since this is where I'm at most of the time. What are your cleaning routines?
gettingbetter

Post by gettingbetter »

Hi Eden,

Sorry, I have no idea what the black specks are. I haven't had that experience but have read in the blog of others who have. From what I understand, the feces are left under the skin. That is what causes some of the irritation experienced.

I tried to read most of Walter's entries in this blog as he is the authority. From what he has said, the mites do not travel that fast. So, what's on your scalp probably is not coming down on your face.

In terms of cleaning routines, I used bleach in my laundry thinking it would kill the mites but turns out I am allergic to bleach and had a bad reaction to the smell. Asked my allergist and he said to wash my sheets and towels in hot water and dry them in a hot drier. That would be enough to kill the mites. So, I am doing that now. I change my sheets weekly but I change my pillow cases every day. I also use a very small cloth to dry my face and change it daily as well. The rest of the house gets cleaned per usual.

I am on week five of the ZZ ointment. For my situation, and on Walter's advice, I just use it at night. I have days that my face looks fantastic. No one would know there is a problem. I have days when the rosacea really flares up. Usually it is after a hike in hot weather. The difference I am experiencing now is that the recovery time from a flare-up has shortened. It used to take a week. Now it takes two days. I credit the ZZ ointment for that. Hopefully it will continue to improve until it disappears.

As Walter repeatedly says, be patient and keep at it.

Good luck!
Nina
summatime

Post by summatime »

I have also seen the black specks. I get sensations of them trying to borrow thru my hand, and when i look at my hand there is a tiny flap of skin that has been peeled back and a tiny black spec. I also see them on the bottom of my feet where they try to dig but cant get in.