rhinophymia?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

tom38

rhinophymia?

Post by tom38 »

Help, please help,

I'm very desperate. I'm very grateful that I discovered your website and your wonderful products. I use your ZZ cream and the soap since 6 weeks now, and the skin at my cheeks got much better. I'm suffering of severe rosacea since 7 years. I used a lot of antibiotics and other creams, but in the long term nothing helped. But there is still one problem: it seems that my nose is getting worse. Yesterday I noticed that the capillaries beneath the skin of my nose are dilating and the colour of the nose is slowly turning into blue. I'm very desperate about it, because it happens while I'm using your products since 6 weeks. Mayby I youst have to go on to use the ZZ cream? Do you think there is a chance that the widening of the arteries is reversable? Does anybody have experience with this? Is there anything else I can do? I fear that the nose is slowly turning into a rhynophymia. Please help.

Thanks a lot

tom
Walter

Re: rhinophymia?

Post by Walter »

Hello Tom

Rhinophyma would be thickening from your nose skin, and that's exactly what
our treatment is preventing, we had this question more than once and probably,
it is because you can see the capillaries more clearly now, they for sure don't become bigger.
There are changes on your skin going on now because of the treatment and I can imagine you get a bit afraid
but according our experience, everything will become well in time, as far as we know,
we only had good results treating noses for this kind of problems.
I have a friend here who used the ZZ for his nose and he complained exactly for the same thing in the beginning,
now he is thankful that he continued, his doctor who treated him for years in the first place, could not believe the progress he made.
keep us updated.

Walter
Gamgam

Post by Gamgam »

Since this topic was started I have a question about rhinophyma. I have always had large pores on my nose and black heads, and I never had any issues with skin problems or nose swelling. I had some minor frostbite (frostnip), and I saw that skin peeled off. About 5 months later I found yellow patches on the sides of my nose almost covering what was my nose. So is this the beginning of rhinophyma, or because of frostnip? I'm very certain my nose is a little swollen, and I recently discovered a demodex infestation.

About ZZ. Does the ZZ reverse the swelling or get rid of some of the skin thickening?
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello

I rather think that is is indeed the beginning of rhinophyma then from the frostbite, especially
if you have a demodex infestation.
Yes, if you don’t wait to long, the ZZ will reduce the thickening and maybe even reverse it
completely but that is something I you will need to find out by using.

Walter
Gamgam

Post by Gamgam »

Thanks I ordered some ZZ products so I hope they arrive soon. I noticed my chin is larger too. I am having trouble understanding how this all happened so fast. I'm 26, no previous history of skin problems, and this one extreme winter did it. It's only been one year since the winter, and I've noticed a lot of changes. I went to a lot of ridiculous doctors and dermatologists and made one do a demodex test because it doesn't seem like these doctors have any idea what is actually going on with these skin problems. Regarding the swelling and thickening, is that really reversible? It happened so fast. Also I have tea tree oil and Permethrin for the time being, but are these things effective to any degree? Why is it that no one cares to make treatments for these mites?
Walter

Post by Walter »

We had already had several clients suffering from demodex mite problems after a frostbite,
why after a frostbite?, I don’t know……………………….
Regarding the swelling and thickening, is that really reversible?
Yes, but like I told you, just wait and see, every case is different.
Permethrin will help but very bad for the skin, better wait a bit till the ZZ arrives.
Why is it that no one cares to make treatments for these mites?
This is something I don’t understand myself, almost all derms don’t believe in demodex mite problems,
that is what they learned ……………………….

Walter
Gamgam

Post by Gamgam »

For me personally, having this problem and listening to doctors think they know better is really an eye opener. I think it is embarrassing that modern medicine doesn't have an answer to a pimple. Here my face is literally mutating from a mite, and I get handed dog lice ointment. This is complete mental torture. If it turns out that the ZZ doesn't reverse these yellow patches on my nose, which I believe made it larger, and were caused by the mite, should I consider lasers or something? I am not holding anyone here accountable as medical professionals or anything.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Personally, I think there is a big possibility that the ZZ
will reverse your nose problems a lot, but impossible to tell for sure.
It takes time though, first you need to get rid of the mites, then your
immune system needs to stop reacting so please try to be patient
but you will get result, you will see…………..
If after the treatment there are still some nose/skin problems left,
you can go to a specialized institute and see what they can do but
first do the treatment, maybe/hopefully it will not be necessary.

Walter
Gamgam

Post by Gamgam »

I've started the ZZ on my nose and face etc. for a week now. Obviously it's too early to report much, but it is causing minor outbreaks. I remember you saying something about squeezing the sebum out. With my nose, should I try to squeeze the black heads out? Will just putting the ZZ on twice daily for 6 months show some improvement with reversing the skin thickening you think? You said something about the immune system kicking in after the mites die, but what if there are still a lot of mites on the body?
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello

If it goes easily, in my opinion, better to squeeze the black head out but if you do, be sure it’s out, otherwise
it can infect.
Will just putting the ZZ on twice daily for 6 months show some improvement with reversing the skin thickening you think?
Yes I think so
but what if there are still a lot of mites on the body?
Why do you think you have demodex mites on the body?
Where exactly?

Walter
Gamgam

Post by Gamgam »

Well before the ZZ arrived I used permethrin 5% on the body twice, and that caused a flare up. I ended up getting some red dermatitis type legions, which come and go, like when I get out of the shower etc. I can feel the biting and crawling on my back, arms, and legs. Also the shiny looking skin that has been on my cheeks is also on those areas, and I'm quite certain they are there. So I feel I have a bit of a problem with these mites, because while I'm using the ZZ on my face everyday, DS shampoo, soap, and body wash, I am looking to attack them on all areas. TTO feels like I shouldn't use it too often, so I'm looking for something that will wear them down on my body as I work on my face, otherwise my efforts will be useless because they can reinfest.

Regarding the blackheads, it is best to always get them out? I have had a lot on my nose for most of my life. You seem to know their relation to mites.
Gamgam

Post by Gamgam »

Also, I read something about the mites damaging the dermis, and the elasticity can be irreversible at some point. I've had this mite infestation for probably a year now, but I am wondering if I need to concern myself with this, or is it just thickening of the skin that has happened. It's hard to tell what the mites are doing/have done, but they have definitely thickened my skin. I haven't had any real acne or many infections, I just caught them trying to thicken my skin, and I was losing hair. I've been using the ZZ for 2 weeks now.