menthol in ZZ cream affecting my eyes...how about yours??

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

brighterday

menthol in ZZ cream affecting my eyes...how about yours??

Post by brighterday »

well since the day before yesterday i have been using the ZZ cream at night. I noticed the first night that the menthol in the cream was strong. I particularly experienced my eyes welling up due to the menthol in the air. I was very careful NOT to put the cream anywhere near my eyes just onmy cheeks and forehead wher i have alot of my rosacea bumps. my eyes began to water the first night and so the secondnight (yesterday) i decided i would take my contact lens out and wear glasses instead. well here i sit with the cream on my cheeks and my eyes are welling up as we speak. i feel like i should just put the cream on right before turning the lights out otherwise i can barely watch TV or read. the menthol is really strong. Any ideas what i can do? any one else experiencing this? P.S. my skin has broken out more since i started the cream but i believe that this is expected. thanks for any advice. I am so hopeful about these products that i will forge on. i would appreciate any advice.
Walter

Re: menthol in ZZ cream affecting my eyes...how about yours??

Post by Walter »

Hello

It looks you are indeed very sensitive for the menthol, more people have watering eyes in the beginning but
normally, you should become used slowly while treating.
i feel like i should just put the cream on right before turning the lights out
Yes, that’s ok, also, use very very little till you get used more.

Your breakout is normal and actually a sign you have indeed demodex mites,
otherwise, this would not happen.

Walter
brighterday

Post by brighterday »

well its been some time now that i have been applying the ZZ cream at night the foumalin in the day time. i would love to show my new face to you. there is barely any rosacea left. this is amazing. i can't describe it enough....my face nolonger itches or hurts.......there are no bumps and virtually no redness left. my before pictures are down right embarassing yet in contrast with the current ones they can be inspirational. can you tell me if you would like to see them? what got me to buy this cream were your pictures....like the saying goes a picture is a thousand words. i can not believe i was in such pain both emotional ( because rosacea is terrible on one's self esteem) and physical because the itching and swelling would wake me up at night, sometimes just rubbing against my pillow. let meknow if you would like me to send pictures. thanks so much....i willbe buying more of the creams soon.
-hef-

Post by -hef- »

my advice to you is to apply the cream, normal amount, and then sit in front of a fan for about 5 minutes. the fan helped blow some of the fumes away from my eyes. after 5 min or so, the burning sensation goes away. at least for me. give it a try.
Walter

Post by Walter »

let meknow if you would like me to send pictures
Yes of course we would like to get your pictures, we don't get so many because
as human nature works, once people are healed they don't bother anymore....... :D

Thank you for let us know your results, that always makes also us happy.

Don't stop treating to soon, after completely clear, better to use once in a while only in the evening
to keep those mites away, one time a week is enough.

Walter