Do I have mites?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

contained

Do I have mites?

Post by contained »

Hey guys,

I have had moderate acne since I was 16...I am now 20. My acne is not what you would expect, I have very few pustule breakouts and my skin is very smooth. I have seen 2 dermatolgists and the current one has put me on accutane after I insisted that I was given it. Currently I am on my 2nd month and the acne around where I shave is nearly all gone.

My skin is red and inflamed around my chin, upper lip extending to the nose, nose folds, forehead, and the area close the nose and has spread out towards the cheeks. I also have redness above my sideburns on both sides. I also have redness in my eyebrows closest to the middle of the nose. I have had this for around 4 years now with no improvement in the redness from the following treatments:

(In no particular order)

1. Minocycline
2. Tetracycline
3. Proactive
4. Prascion Cleanser
5. Protopic
6. Nizoral 2% (Rx)
7. Desonide
8. erythromycin
9. Tazorac
10. Finacea
11. Selsun blue

My derm suggested that I have Seb derm, which I agreed with, but I do not have flakey skin AT ALL. I do not have dandruff and I don't really have scaly skin. Plus, steroieds did nothing for my skin. My skin does not itch, although when I did get whiteheads, I could feel them itch and burn as they surfaced and spread out, particularly in my chin area.

The redness on one side of my cheeks is spreading towards the sideburns. I really think that modern medicine has failed me. I am hoping that I do have mites, since nothing else has been working, including accutane (so far). The only thing that has been keeping me back from buying the zz cream is that I do not itch where my skin is read and inflamed. I started to think it was mites because of my sideburns and the fact that the redness has been on my face for so long.
Walter

Re: Do I have mites?

Post by Walter »

Hello

Demodex mites are responsible for a lot of facial skin problems, of course, from a distance
and without a test for demodex mites it is impossible to say for sure that this is the case.
Anyway, since nothing helped you and your skin problems fit for a demodex mite problem
I think it will be worthwhile to try but I don't think it is a good idea to treat as long you use acutane.
It is possible that you will get a to dry skin since acutane is causing this already, using the ZZ on top of it
will be maybe to much, I say maybe because the only way to find out is try.
If you decide to give it a try, don't use to much, just a little bit every application is enough,
healing time doesn't depend on the quantity you use.
One other important thing, be patient getting rid of a problem like this doesn’t work overnight.
First you need to eliminate the mites, this takes a couple of months, then, your immune
system needs to stop reacting which is for everybody different time wise.

Walter