large pores, keratosis pilaris, no dairy? Demodex mites grr

For body skin problems, post here

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

darkbeauty

large pores, keratosis pilaris, no dairy? Demodex mites grr

Post by darkbeauty »

I used something on my face which caused over exfoliation, my perfect skin became oily, the pores started to englarge, I started getting acne outbreaks, the pores developed a dark pigment, and I ended up with what I now know as keratosis pilaris on my face. Tried a lot of pore minimizers which did not work. I controlled my acne outbreaks by eliminating dairy from my diet. I was now allergic to all my favourite fods. I now understand that its the demodex that caused these food sensitivities that I didn't have, the dark pigment in my pores isn't blackheads but inflamation causing a pin hole scar, my acne scars also won't heal as fast as they use to as no new skin has been allowed to come through as my pores are blocked by these pests. I am somewhat confident that getting these things under control will truly give me my skin back, no more dairy free life and no more large pores orange skin texture face with scars. I'm alllergic to sulphur so my treatment will consist soley of XMFL cream. Definately try and keep my progress here.
:roll: Time to show em who's boss.
darkbeauty

Re: large pores, keratosis pilaris, no dairy? Demodex mites

Post by darkbeauty »

My xmfl cream just arrived
Attachments
Tiny amount for the price payed, I must say. Packaging is impressive though.
Tiny amount for the price payed, I must say. Packaging is impressive though.
IMG-20130601-00470.jpg (323.69 KiB) Viewed 79430 times
darkbeauty

Post by darkbeauty »

My main issue I want to fix are large pores on the left side of my face however a large majority of people on the forums only talk about the ZZ cream, before buying this I contacted one of the DS workers telling him I'm allergic to sulphur so I can't buy the ZZ would XMFL still be effective and he said yes. If I'm honest I'm so scared to put it on my skin. At the moment this skin is not improving at all, waking up in the morning to face the fact that its getting worse is killing me, developing fine lines under my left eye, now, and the large pores are slowly spreading around my face I presume from the critters moving. Lost a lot of weight by eliminating dairy from my diet but it meant less frequent spots. I think dairy interferes with hormones and the demodex activity increases as they thrive off eating that. I have to be a big girl and try this cream though. I'll start tommorow night, I'll put xfml cream on. Over the last few years peoples old forum posts have been a great help to me, it gives me hope that large pores can be diminished that's why I'm doing one now.
mcwick94

Post by mcwick94 »

So how are you doing? Any improvement with the Fumanling?
braveheart

Post by braveheart »

have your tried organic coconut oil? fantastic king of oils, gets all the crud out and improves the skin so much. :)
good thread all about it here
http://lymebusters.proboards.com/thread ... mites-king
also has an awesome video of those evil little demodex mites. nasty looking alien critters! kill them all haha
mcwick94

Post by mcwick94 »

i find coconut oil clogs the pores too much. I use it on my forehead where I have dry skin and it doesnt seem to help so i guess what works for some doesnt work for others. I do cook with it and love the taste
darkbeauty

Post by darkbeauty »

I bought Extra virgin coconut oil and apart from making my skin soft, It does nothing for the specific issues i'm concerned about.
Coming up to the one month mark of using the XMFL, Good news and bad news, I did not get an allergic reaction from it neither did I get a horrendous breakout however I'm somewhat dissapointed as that would have shown at least some form of progress. Unfortunately nothing has happened, except from the rather intense burning when I put it on at night, my acne continued its normal course. I'm contemplating whether the other cream would be more beneficial than this one, the people i've heard from got results mainly from the sulphur cream. To be honest im reluctant on continuing this when I could be trying something else and a little bit discouraged at the moment. XMFL also promised to beautify skin, that, I did not see.
darkbeauty

Post by darkbeauty »

I've been doing a lot of research. I was born with a condition called G6PD and my mum had always told me I was allergic to Sulphur so i avoided eggs etc, however with research it turns out that I am actually allergic to Sulfa drugs which are totally different from sulphur, I'm gutted as I could have been using the other cream all this time which would have probably worked better. Feel like I've wasted alot of money and hope on this product. And a lot of time not eating eggs :evil:

I know its only been a month but my skin responds pretty fast to treatment so if it was going to work I probably would have seen little signs by now.
mcwick94

Post by mcwick94 »

I'm feeling a little discouraged as well after almost 3 months of use. I use the XFML cream more than the ZZ because I cannot seem to spread the ZZ (even with a bit of water) over my large pored orange peeled textured face. I have this problem with zinc sunscreens as well. It clumps into my pores so I tend to use the XFML more as this is more easily spreadible. I sometimes dot the ZZ on and pat into my face instead of rub. I also like to make a small paste of the ZZ and leave on overnight as a spot treatment. In the morning its usually a little better and by the next day usually 50% better and by 3rd day its gone. I go thru cycles where I can apply the cream for days and no breakouts and then after say a couple of weeks I will apply one night and bam!!! I wake up to tons of red bite like marks usually on my center cheeks and sides of face. I also get a patch of red spots on the sides of my face that resemble some sort of excema patch as its the same spots that flare up and die down. Im not finding the ZZ cream helpful yet here. You would think it would. Protopic seems to work better here so I'm not sure if demodex is the issue for this area of my face. Im waiting to hear from Walter on this.

Here is my face after 3 months of use. Yesterday there was not one spot on my face and today I woke to this. I also have tons of little clogged pores in my chin that I continually pick out every night. I have been applying the XFML here but dont seem improvement here yet either. Will it help this area?

For some reason its pulling in the picture sideways..I cant get it to turn the right way...sorry
Attachments
photo-25.JPG
photo-25.JPG (30.59 KiB) Viewed 78495 times
photo-26.JPG
photo-26.JPG (28.74 KiB) Viewed 78495 times
darkbeauty

Post by darkbeauty »

What is your next cause of action? are you going to continue using it or try something else?
I'm still using XMFL but I think i'm going to discontinue using it, especially as the customer after care is so bad, I've been trying to contact someone about the product but no one has gotten back to me, "Take their money and run" Thats just how I feel. My large pores are really getting me down, every day they spread more and I really dont know which direction to go from here, Kudos to you for sticking it out for three months though, I cant. Just feel like if there arent any signs of anything happening there really isn't any point.
mcwick94

Post by mcwick94 »

darkbeauty Im using the XFML cream but sparingly and every day brings different results. Some days I get those red raised bumps that look like bites and others I get nothing. Ive been getting them on my center cheeks and sides of upper cheek bones. They are not like typical blemishes with a whitehead but more like mosquito bites that are the size of a pencil head and very red. My entire face is always soooo red all over the forget the pores. They're huge and orange peel like. I have seen no postive results or changes in redness, texture or pore size in over 3 months. I must admit I dont use as much as others and have used the XFML more than the ZZ. It has done nothing in my chin area to help eliminate the clogged pore issue. I just dont get why my skin is so non responsive. I had to go on prednisone for a rash several weeks ago and now that Im off prednisone all the spots are coming back. I was hoping it was the XFML starting to work but now know it was the prednisone keeping things at bay.
darkbeauty

Post by darkbeauty »

Just an update to say XFML didn't help me at all.. Wasted a lot of time and money on it and the UK version of Demodex are rather mean. Nothing like Walter and his kindness. Smh.

I'm now looking into psoria gold and skin barrier repair aswell as corneotherapy, mcwick a site called dermviduals may be of benefit to you because they talk about the symptoms you're experiencing. Anyway I'll keep updating here even though xmfl didn't work I think the ZZ would be way more beneficial to me.
mcwick94

Post by mcwick94 »

Thx for the info since I don't think many use this forum anymore. Individual questions are rarely answered anymore by the moderators. I'm not sure why. There is hardly any activity anymore from customers as well. I'm 8 months into using both creams and my skin has shown minimal improvement in pores, clogs and redness. I started acupuncture over the summer and I'm thinking that is what has helped somewhat. I do still use the creams but like I said zero change in pores and redness. I will check out the website you mentioned. Thx
darkbeauty

Post by darkbeauty »

http://www.dermaviduals.com/english/pub ... blem-skin/

That's a link to what I meant, you'd have to navigate around a little bit to find the right information though because can't remember which page I saw your symptoms on..

And yes its so inactive , weird to see someone attempting to use it as a dating site makes me think whether any of this was real at all lol. I'm glad accupunture helped a little bit
jonsmith3181

Post by jonsmith3181 »

That's intriguing, I reside in FL and have the worst looking status I've ever seen. It's on my legs and all over my arms and has only been getting worse over the years. I read that like most things, it's hereditary, and it turns out my Mother has it. I can scarcely glimpse hers though, so why do I have it so bad/so much? residing out of moderately hot wash rooms is a good tilt, but furthermore kp seems to get poorer in any extreme heat. I tried the Eucerin proposed overhead and had no luck. utilised it religiously too. I furthermore endeavoured Am-Lactin but I think I chose the incorrect one-it stunk alarming but some individuals accept as true this merchandise is the best. I utilised 2 of the 3 DermaDoctor goods for KP, and continue to use the scrub. These products are exorbitant, particularly considering the elite reaches in a little tube. The exfoliating scrub is attractive large-scale and lasts a long time though, so I accept as true general it's cheap. Just desire I could use a pleasant sugar or saline scrub afresh as all the KP goods either stink alarming or have no odor at all. Still wondering if I do switch back to a more delight scrub if my skin's status will worsen. comical, I finally coordinated the Glytone kit and it just reached a couple of days before. The body lotion (17.5% Free Glycolic obnoxious) stinks for 30 seconds and has the Eucerin rectify texture but a little wider. The exfoliating body clean (8.8% Free Glycolic obnoxious) has the stink of the primary pink Olay moisturizer so it's not alarming, but I'm still missing my wash aromatherapy. I haven't seen enhancement, but It's only been a twosome days. Hopefully the regiment will http://keratosispilaristreatmentgoogle.wordpress.com work!!