What my Dr. says about these critters

For body skin problems, post here

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

braveheart

What my Dr. says about these critters

Post by braveheart »

She says she has heard about demodex mites she cannot help me because she doesn't have a microscope and the lab page is not set up to deal with mites. There is no box to tell them what to look for. I was appauled of course. She said I could pay for it privately or maybe the dermatologist has a microscope. So now I have a dermatologist referral in. I can't wait that long. I'm going to go to the local school and go ask the science teacher if I can use one of the kids microscopes.
Dr. also said in Aryavedic medicine they recommend putting oil all over your body morning and night but it is just not her thing. I was like It is not my thing really either!!! Like I want to be all squishy oily and mites popping out of my pores everyday. I can't not do it though as now i know I have them I have to get them out. I feel way itchier now that I've started putting attention on this issue. I've decided today I'm going to go to the local community pool, have a nice swim in their chlorinated water, go to the changing rooms, cover myself in oil, bring my towels to sit on and my thongs on my feet and sauna all these buggers out of me.
braveheart

Re: What my Dr. says about these critters

Post by braveheart »

I had a great time at the sauna. Very clean feeling and afterwards I wandered over to the high school and talked to the Biology teacher. We looked at a few samples under the microscope and they all looked like lint! or some looked like sticks but nothing had legs. Phew haha and she said that the demodex mites you need an electron microscope to see them. So yhea too pricey for me. She also had rosacea and she does not buy into the mite theory, she thinks that is a secondary thing. I'm not sure why she would think that but as one biology teacher to another I don't agree with her. I think mites and anything foreign, peticides etc. all take their toll on the skin.

Also we discussed what the coconut oil was doing and she said it was basically just cleaning me really really well. getting all old dead skin cells off and moisturing the dead cells, as that is what the surface of our skin is dead skin cells. So the skin looks bright and cared for and very clean. Also no lint in me! haha well what if I am just allergic to lint fibers from my clothes? Like what if I'm so sensitive all that lint is just plugging everything up. Like there is an awful lot of lint in my pores. That has to be irritating. So getting it all out will be bound to improve the skin condition. I am just relieved I didn't see legs on anything. I will still go to dermatologist and I will see if the city has electron microscopes available to use somewhere. I did not get to look at all my interesting samples but I feel a bit like chicken little now. Sorry but I still think I'm onto something with getting this stuff out. Just no panic needed haha :)
braveheart

Post by braveheart »

As i'm picking these tiney tiny ones off my face I was thinking why would I have lint on my face? I get it from my black socks on my feet, black pants on my legs and blue and pink ones from my shirts but I only looked at two samples. It was a bit ackward and I didn't want to use too much of her time. I'm going to keep a face napkin sample and I see the university I went to has some electron microscopes I maybe able to use. So stay tuned. :)
braveheart

Post by braveheart »

My saga continues. I cannot let it lie they just don't act like lint! So I search lint mites and come up with this site
http://blogpestcontrol.com/2010/01/lint ... ment-30589
a lot of excellent info on this mysterious mite/parasite. Some think it is an adult form of the black pepper mite. Someone had read once they mature they wrap themselves in lint. I'm not really getting bit though and it isn't really that itchy. Others think it is some new mutated thing from GM cotton and it comes in on our clothes and some people are really bothered and bitten and others are not. Some say people that take vitamin c don't get bitten. Very strange and mysterious I was told to google unexplained dermopathy so that is my mission today.
I only had a few lint bugs on me today. I didn't say but something very strange happened at the sauna. When I got finished boiling myself for 20 min I went to the change room and I wiped my back to front and thousands of small white flecks like a blanket of them came off my back. I wasn't sure if it had come from my bathing suit which is very old or if it was some sort of egg/parasite. I then did the 1/2 cup bleach bath last night and picked maybe 50 or 60 super tiny ones off and now this morning only like 5 or 6 so whatever they are I'm making progress I think. I'm having good sleeps no bites or itches last night after 3xs attempting to get rid of them. :)
braveheart

Post by braveheart »

well that was interesting. Having a biology degree I was able to read and understand the Northern California study done for Morgellons. I googled the unexplained dermatogy. I noticed that not once did the patients rub themselves down with coconut oil. They only accepted samples from the dermatolist and most of the results were cellulose likely of cotton orgin. There was a lot of solar elastois (damage from the sun) and 12 of the patients did have bacteria and fungi present mostly stertococcus. Most were drug users and had other symptoms of depression etc. NO DOUBT lol most people would be depressed with such sores and most would turn to drugs to try and relax. Being clean and sober now for 7 years that is not my case. Sure past use whatever but my children have it and they have just recently started their drinking drug fun and my niece of 6 was covered in black and red specs. The study was good in that it covered a lot of tests but did not look at anyone under 13 and no actual rub down and samples taken of what came out. I luckily can go myself and study this with my background I have a call into the phyics department and they will get back to me about using thier electron microscope. Geesh I hope I can remember how to use them as it has been awhile since my teaching days. I better go study up on my microscope procedures. :)
braveheart

Post by braveheart »

its not lint bugs I saw a video on them on utube and they are huge. Mine are tiny black, white and sometimes redish specs. I think I may have early stages of the dreaded you are crazy disease Morgellons. I didn't want it to be and I'm still not 100% sure it is but I found a website that attacks this thing on 4 different levels and he throws the spiritual in on the 5th which I like and believe in strongly. It has all the ideas I've been reading about put together so nicely because a woman who called him said her son committed suicide over all of this so he made the website. I've been trying a bunch of these things already so it is nice to have them all in one place. Except he did not mention once my favourite cure of the organic coconut oil (he uses glycerin). Oh well. They are internal though as well just like I thought, not just in my skin so that is nice to know.
http://morgellonscure.com/

I tried the baby cream sudocream on my face last nice. It was very soothing, I guess the zinc and my skin felt protected all night. Good sleep helps. :)
braveheart

Post by braveheart »

I found a Dr.s article about all this. I'm taking it to my Dr. on monday. I find I have to do this more and more. Educate my Dr. Oh well at least I come from a teaching background so it isn't like it is new to me. Teach the Dr.s what they need to know. haha
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257881/
braveheart

Post by braveheart »

imagine the Dr. was not interested in reading my info. I guess it is beyond the Dr. call of duty. The dermatogist I got to see claimed after just talking to me that he doesn't think I have a demodex mite problem that I probably have delusional paratastosis. I was like Dr. I'm not delusional there is something coming out of my skin. You just saw them coming out. Thank God I was able to produce a number of fresh samples for him.

He was like yes I see those but it is not produced by your body (it can't be) so it shouldn't bother you. I was like oh because it bothers me I'm delusional? So let me get this straight, If I put the coconut oil on you and hundreds of black dirt like lint flecs popped out of your pores (skin was clean before) that wouldn't be a problem for you? He said no it would not be a problem for him. I was like Oh so because thousands of itchy irritating rashy skin causing I don't know whats are coming out of my skin and that bothers me I'm delusional? I still can't really get my head around that except to say that I think that Dr. has a bad case of DENIAL.

He went onto to say there was another dermatologist that was interested in such things and he could refer me to him. So I was like oh your just not interested in finding out what they are then? I was like I thought Dr.s were supposed to help people he said well we try but it is hard. He wanted me to go on anti-psychotic medication! USELESS waste of my time except now I have a referral to a Dr. that is interested in weird stuff that comes out of pores. The great thing is that all my own research has produced natural rememdies that are reducing the amount of these things and my skin is looking better and better. All the eye stuff is almost cured and its not like i"m a shut in or anything. I work and play and live my life. I just cover myself with oil/dry mustard/etc. morning and night and while I watch my shows at night I pick off any wierd stuff that pops out. Better out than in!!
braveheart

Post by braveheart »

I finally got to the head Dr and psychiatrist handling the Morgellon cases in Vancouver and they told me I do not have Morgellons because the fibers bioluminese and mine are not shiny or whatever they are looking for blinking lights. I'm a bit ticked because they said they didn't know what I had but to just keep doing whatever I've been doing because they think my skin looks great and I have a good attitude. I got a stamp of approval and sent on my way. So i'm back to thinking a fungus even tho they said if it was fungal or bacterial it would be showing up on my skin not coming out of my pores. So back to being a bit confused but hey at least I got a good compliment. Sane and healthy looking skin. yhea :)
braveheart

Post by braveheart »

They also poo pood at my demodex mite theory carrying fungus/bacteria ...well they just plain admitted they don't know how demodex mites fit in. They just have absolutely no idea what is going on and no real interest to find out. western Dr.s geesh I have to teach them everything haha
mcwick94

Post by mcwick94 »

so what are you complaining about if your skin looks good and what your doing is working. Enjoy your perfect skin
braveheart

Post by braveheart »

I know! I guess i"m just a crazy pefectionist. I also just really really want to know what it is and so do all my family members so I've been sluething around but lately I have been enjoying myself immensely. Swimming in the ocean 3 or 4 times a day and it has really cut down on the creams and itchiness feelings. Salt and summer are great for my skin. I hope you are all doing better too. I know how awful this can be I have gone through hell since April only now am I seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks to all the great advice and help here. I think I will retire as mostly cured. I hope my posts have been helpful to someone. :)
Hector

Post by Hector »

I have been feeling tickles, itchiness, and bites for almost a year and a half. I took all my carpet out, replaced my air ducts, fumigated and smoked my house, been to a couple of dermathologists, taken samples of what I thought the critters were, but nothing shows up; nobody can find anything. I can not even sleep because theese things seem to get more active at night. Sometimes I see tynee red marks on my skin and I think theese marks come from theese critters. They get in my eyes leaving a red spot and a couple of hours of discomfort. At fist they feel like a little spider jumped on you, then the tickle and finally the bite. And by the way, Dr recommended Permethrin cream, but it made no difference to me or my wife since both of us are suffering the same thing. If anyone can offer help it will be greately appreciated.