3 Questions

For body skin problems, post here

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

madgaijin

3 Questions

Post by madgaijin »

Some background about me:
Recently got a bad sinus infection that docs discovered recently that is due to a polyp that should be removed.
Anyway, will take a long time before can have the operation due.
I have been on antibiotics for maybe 7 months now, but other than that I'm quite healthy, in my mid 30s.

Anyway, my demodex problem started maybe 2 months ago, or maybe I always had it but didn't know.
A dermatologist verified under a microscope that I have demdex folliculorum.

It looks the worst on my chest and can be quite itchy. Also on the face, neck, scalp, shoulders, upper back, rear end, and random other body parts.

My dermatologist recommended Crotamiton cream during the day and Sulphor Camphor lotion during the night, or vice versa. I've been putting this stuff on all affected areas, but since I have a hairy chest I can't see everything, and since my skin itches in some places where the skin looks normal I just kind of spread it everywhere.

Anyway, I've been on this stuff for a month and seems to be getting better, but I have a feeling it won't go away until I have that sinus operation to remove the polyp, and get off the antibiotics, and I'm on a waiting list for the operation and could be 2 more months.

I wanted to try Demodex Solutions and ordered the stuff.

My questions are:
1. Was wondering if anyone knows which is better or more effective to use in the shower, the bath body wash, or the soap?
I tired both and my style is start the shower for 2 minutes, then should it off, put either lotion or soap all over my body and rub it in for 5 minutes, and then turn the water back on and rinse it off. I shower twice a day and do this process, sometimes using the shampoo as well.

2. After showering I put on the Body lotion, on my scalp, sides and back of the neck, upper back, shoulders, chest, rear end, arms, everywhere I think there may be some demodex, and just spread it all over rather than pinpointing. then I follow up with the zz cream and put it on my face and front of the neck all over. Am I doing too much or is this what other people do?

3. My understanding is that although demodex could be anywhere on the body, the face is the place they like the most (and the seem to like my chest a lot for some reason), so if I just put cream on the face neck and chest, and ignore the other areas where it itches, will the demodex in other areas eventually try to migrate to the face and die. I mean is there no point to put the cream on my shoulders or arms, am I doing too much? What do you guys think?

I look forward to anyone's reply. Thanks.

MadGaijin
braveheart

Re: 3 Questions

Post by braveheart »

I read they can walk 8 to 16 cm at night. Migrations yuck!! :(
madgaijin

Post by madgaijin »

Thought I'd post again and update people:

I've had demodex for about a year now. I'm 37 years old. Sometimes it feels like I don't have it, sometimes they come back stronger. I'm off antibiotics and my sinus infection is cured. I do smoke cigarettes. I switch between products, some weeks I'll use Demodex Solutions products. Other weeks I'll use Crotamiton cream and Sulphor Camphor lotion from my local hospital paid for by my health insurance.

Sometimes during the day I don't put anything on if signs of the demodex are not showing, but I always make sure to put stuff on at night. I'd say I'm pretty satisfied with the results I've gotten from Demodex Solutions.

Areas of my body affected are face, scalp, neck, chest, upper back, and the left and right sides of my torso. I'm a guy, and balding anyway, so I can cut my hair very short to put stuff on my scalp. I put a lot of stuff on everyday. I never wash my sheets regularly, because I figure they're gonna dry anyway when I'm not in bed.

I wonder if it is really possible to eliminate demodex forever or if it's kind of a lifetime battle, or if smoking cigarettes is part of the problem. Thinking to quit cigarettes soon and use nicorette.
madgaijin

Post by madgaijin »

By the way, my demodex is verified under microscope by the doctor. I have demodex folliculorum all the way. Every red spot on my body or pimple, I told the doc to put it under the microscope, and every time it was demodex folliculorum. I don't have any other probs, just a pure demodex problem, and overpopulation of demodex.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Thank you for your update

I don't think smoking has anything to do with it, of course always better to quit :D
I have been a heavy smoker myself, I quitted more than a year ago now and feel much much better,
feel like a new guy so it is definitely worth it, not to mention the many possible health problems you can avoid by quit smoking..........
It looks you have indeed a stubborn demodex problem.
How long is it ago now you tested for demodex mites?

Walter
madgaijin

Post by madgaijin »

Walter wrote:Thank you for your update

I don't think smoking has anything to do with it, of course always better to quit :D
I have been a heavy smoker myself, I quitted more than a year ago now and feel much much better,
feel like a new guy so it is definitely worth it, not to mention the many possible health problems you can avoid by quit smoking..........
It looks you have indeed a stubborn demodex problem.
How long is it ago now you tested for demodex mites?

Walter
I may have had demodex before creeping up and not had known what it was, but I'd say it was first diagnosed under microscope in April of 2012, and the doc told me I had an overpopulation of demodex living in my skin but that demodex lives on everyone's skin and is quite normal, but to have an overpopulation is not good. Since then I've been going to the hospital every 3 months and they'd give me a supply of crotamiton cream to put on during the day and sulfur camphor lotion to put on at night, and during each visit they'd put a piece of skin under the microscope and always demodex would be present.

Aside from smoking, I have a very stressful job, and irregular sleep patterns due to my job, and I often sleep with the lights on; not sure if any of these things have to do with the demodex.

My demodex prob is kind of weird, because it was first noticeable and itchy on my chest, and then later spread to face and other body parts, I'd say chest, face and scalp are the worst areas, but upper back and sides of torso also have demodex. As long as I put creams on whether ZZ or the stuff the doc gives me, my demodex is not really noticeable and no one would even know that I have it. However, the moment I discontinue the cream for a day, it gets itchy and redness or pimples start appearing.

It's not possible for me to quit smoking at this moment with my job being so stressful, but I hope to be able to do so soon.

The last test for demodex at the doctors office was about a month ago, and still demodex is present.

I wonder if I really have to put the creams on all affected body parts, or if I could just put it on my face and chest and that the demodex in the scalp or other areas would die off as they try to migrate to my face or chest. Anyway, I don't want to test that theory unless someone has proven it, becuase I just want to get rid of the demodex, so am putting cream on all affected areas.