itching skin on body

For body skin problems, post here

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

KatyK

itching skin on body

Post by KatyK »

Hello

I have been using the ZZ cream with success, but I am still feeling the effect of demodex on my body, as well.

Every night, as I try to go to sleep, my whole body itches and tingles. I toss and turn in bed, feeling the itching, hoping that it will just go away.
I have a few tiny bumps on my arms and get the occasional back pimple, but other wise my body is clear. But I can still feel the itching on my feet!

I am looking for a good way to kill these mites so that I can sleep better!
Should I be changing my sheets nightly?
Should I always be sleeping in new and fresh sleeping clothes? ( I am already n the habit of adding epsom salts to my wash load)
I have the soap and use that from time to time (should use that daily, huh?), but I am almost looking for a lotion that I can use before bed.
I read that putting hydrogen peroxide and water in a spray bottle and using that can help.

Just looking to a simpler solution that taking a bath. I prefer showers, honestly.
Gamgam

Re: itching skin on body

Post by Gamgam »

You should use Permethrin or something similar on the infested areas. I tried the borax/hydrogen peroxide method, and it is simply ridiculous, with questionable results.
Walter

Post by Walter »

What you could try is taking Ivermectine for a week and see if the itch disappears,
If yes, then you can almost be sure there some kind of parasite involved.
If not, then it is not a parasite.
A other possibility is that you have a bacteria in your blood……………….

Walter
sheilmolson

Post by sheilmolson »

Is your skin has become reddish in color forming circular shape? If so then the reason for itching skin is the ringworm because ringworm first start with small pimple and then it starts spreading in a circular form. It do not happen due to any worm or parasites as its name suggest but it is a fungal infection which develops mostly in warm and moist areas like lockers, swimming pool etc.
braveheart

Post by braveheart »

I read somewhere that you can add 1/2 cup of bleach to your bathwater has anyone tried this? They claimed it was actually less chlorine than if you were in a pool but wouldn't that mean that just going to the pool would be enough? I just can't imagine pouring bleach into my bath but if someone has had good success. anyone read anything? thanks for all the good posts. It helps to get different ideas to try. :)
braveheart

Post by braveheart »

Oh I wanted to say also that I bought some baby shampoo and add tto to it and wash my whole body morning and night with it. So far no issues, drying or anything and I like the smell of the tto it makes me feel clean and safe. haha
braveheart

Post by braveheart »

I found something that really works for me. I can do the baby shampoo with tto but also I can add tto to cetaphil or any shampoo selsun blue straight with no tto or just straight to my bath 20 drops in epson salts and the key is afterward after drying off cover yourself with some sort of oil. I use coconut but heard others use almond or olive or castor. They all come squirming out. You can see them! So may came off my feet and legs. They are not just face mites!!! You have to be quick to pick them off because sometimes they can manage to swim back into the pore and get stuck. Then the breakout hive rash can occur like infected black head but really it is dead mite stuck in pore! I have picked hundreds off me in the last 2 days and my sister and my daughter and now I'm going to do my son tonight. We are all so excited to get rid of them. thanks so much for all your help here and at the other forums. xx
Nedlange

Post by Nedlange »

I am having a cellulite skin near my thighs and sometimes there is lot of itching on that part of my skin and the skin becomes red for some time, so please can anyone suggest me what should I do..?? It will be very helpful if anyone will suggest some home remedies for this..??
mcwick94

Post by mcwick94 »

so is it the tea tree oil bringing them to the surface and the oil smothering them?