Keratosis Pilaris

For body skin problems, post here

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

JMPettyWed

Keratosis Pilaris

Post by JMPettyWed »

I have both rosacea and keratosis pilaris. I read a lot of success stories here about rosacea being cured, and I was curious if anyone was also cured of the red dots caused by this by using the skin care products sold on this site. It took me almost 2 years just to get rid of the roughness and my skin feels a lot smoother than it did, but the redness never went away. I didn't know what was causing it and neither does my dermatologist. The signs and symptoms are identical to rosacea, but I could never find any information about rosacea occuring on any other part of the body - just the face. Even my dermatologist doesn't seem to think that it is rosacea or something similar, and the topic of parasites never came up. According to a lot of the information I uncovered for keratosis pilaris, the redness has been found in some cases to be caused by parasites. So I purchased the body wash, shampoo, facial cleanser and oils because I have nothing left to lose! I figured I would have spent a lot more on creams prescribed by my dermatologist that do nothing and make me smell like urine or on laser surgery that might help just a little. Besides, I want these critters off me now!
Marla

Relief

Post by Marla »

I had relief from the same things by using DS' products.

I thought it was my imagination at first. Then I watched more closely and saw the problems diminish or go away altogether.
Rob

Post by Rob »

I know that this is way late considering when the previous posters posted but it may help someone else browsing the forum.

I have pre-rosacea and mild KP on my upper thighs. Thank god im a guy and short shorts are out of style! Okay anyways....

NEEMS OIL

I just was at my local natural health store and the woman working there swore that neems oil does wonders for rosacea and similar conditions. The funny thing is I used to work at a plant shop and we used neems oil to kill parasites on the plants.

It is completely logical to conclude that neems oil would kill demodex mites as well. Especially because it is a completely foreign substance to them and it kills all kinds of parasitic bugs.

I bought some soap and lotion with neems oil as a primary ingredient. I will use on my legs with the acarid soap. I will post back here in a month to report results.
Spencer

Re: Keratosis Pilaris

Post by Spencer »

Keratosis pilaris is a genetic skin disease that affects almost half of adults and even more children. Those affected by keratosis pilaris will have a goose bump-type rash that most often appears on the backs of arms. It can also appear on the cheeks, thighs and buttocks.keratosis pilaris home remedy are....

*Wash and exfoliate daily. You have to make sure that you cleanse your skin everyday using a mild soap or cleanser. There are a number of trusted brands available in your local pharmacy or drugstore. Make sure to use those that are free of any harsh chemicals. Steer clear of anti-bacterial soaps as these may prove to be too harsh for your skin. A mild exfoliant cream used with a gentle exfoliating scrub like a loofah or a shower puff will also help clean the skin of particles clogging the pores. Be careful not to scrub too much or you will end up with a more severe skin condition.
*Keep your skin hydrated. You need to make sure that your skin has enough moisture. Dry skin feels scaly and rough, and is less elastic. Drinking enough water and avoiding activities that strip your body of moisture, like prolonged bathing and over-sunning yourself, will help keep your body hydrated. After taking a bath, make sure to simply pat your skin dry and then apply a layer of lotion to keep the body’s moisture in. You can ask your skin doctor which lotion would work best for your skin. These lotions normally contain lactic acid, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, and urea among others.
ethanehunt

Post by ethanehunt »

Keratosis pilaris (KP) is a genetic disorder of keratinization of hair follicles of the skin. It is an extremely common benign condition that manifests as small, rough folliculocentric keratotic papules, often described as chicken bumps, chicken skin, or goose bumps, in characteristic areas of the body, particularly the outer-upper arms and thighs. Although no clear etiology has been defined, keratosis pilaris is often described in association with other dry skin conditions such as ichthyosis vulgaris, xerosis, and, less commonly, with atopic dermatitis, including conditions of asthma and allergies.[1]

Keratosis pilaris affects nearly 50-80% of all adolescents and approximately 40% of adults. It is frequently noted in otherwise asymptomatic patients visiting dermatologists for other conditions. Most people with keratosis pilaris are unaware the condition has a designated medical term or that it is treatable. In general, keratosis pilaris is frequently cosmetically displeasing but medically harmless.

Overall, keratosis pilaris is described as a condition of childhood and adolescence. Although it often becomes more exaggerated at puberty, it frequently improves with age. However, many adults have keratosis pilaris late into senescence. Approximately 30-50% of patients have a positive family history. Autosomal dominant inheritance with variable penetrance has been described.

Seasonal variation is sometimes described, with improvement of symptoms in summer months. Dry skin in winter tends to worsen symptoms for some groups of patients. Overall, keratosis pilaris is self-limited and, again, tends to improve with age in many patients. Some patients have lifelong keratosis pilaris with periods of remissions and exacerbations. More widespread atypical cases may be cosmeti
braveheart

Post by braveheart »

I went to a dermatologist once and he said that this condition was just normal skin. It is just a condition/different type of skin. I thought he was full of it and didn't want to try and cure it. I know people that have gotten rid of it so it isn't like it is just skin.
darkbeauty

Post by darkbeauty »

How is the Neem oil treatment working for your Keratosis Pilaris? Very queit
braveheart

Post by braveheart »

My daughters Keatosis is so much better from just putting the organic coconut oil on it and massage all those wierd black spec like critters from her pores. I was doing a lot of research on it and they call it morgellons disease and they now think it is a type of parasitic fungus from the foraminerfera family. I found a picture of it on utube. It looks like a little turd with a hair around it. The morgellonscure.com page is super helpful and I've actually started to consume 1/8 tsp of borax in a litre of water every other day to kill them. The borax conspiracy makes for great reading. Seems like a good cure. Any oil will work to get the critters out, neem, olive, almond, castor. I just wiped a bit of oil on my moms feet and they started popping out so yhea everyone I know has them. Oil up!!
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthre ... 1061007744
AaronMartin

Post by AaronMartin »

JMPettyWed wrote:I have both rosacea and keratosis pilaris. I read a lot of success stories here about rosacea being cured, and I was curious if anyone was also cured of the red dots caused by this by using the skin care products sold on this site. It took me almost 2 years just to get rid of the roughness and my skin feels a lot smoother than it did, but the redness never went away. I didn't know what was causing it and neither does my dermatologist. The signs and symptoms are identical to rosacea, but I could never find any information about rosacea occuring on any other part of the solar panels - just the face. Even my dermatologist doesn't seem to think that it is rosacea or something similar, and the topic of parasites never came up. According to a lot of the information I uncovered for keratosis pilaris, the redness has been found in some cases to be caused by parasites. So I purchased the body wash, shampoo, facial cleanser and oils because I have nothing left to lose! I figured I would have spent a lot more on creams prescribed by my dermatologist that do nothing and make me smell like urine or on laser surgery that might help just a little. Besides, I want these critters off me now!
I had similar problems earlier.. You need to keep distance from dirt and germs.. Regular cleaning is best way to get out of it.