scalp sensations

For all scalp related problems, post here

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

ramona

scalp sensations

Post by ramona »

I had scabies, but got rid of them. Now I have a creepy crawly sensation on my scalp and sometimes in other parts of the body. The dermatologist said I don't have head lice and thought my scalp might be suffering from a response to the scabies treatment although the treatment was not done on the scalp. However, the feeling is a crawly sensation and feels more like something is alive on my scalp. If I wash my hear, it is better for a short while, and then gets bad again. It's almost as if a few hairs on different parts of the heard are moved a little bit and is a very strange feeling. Is this likely to be caused by demodex mites from the description?
Thanks.
bayarea

Re: scalp sensations

Post by bayarea »

Maybe it's an allergy. Knowing demodex they don't feel crawling on the whole body.... if I were you, I would first ask my doctor for an allergy treatment.
They start with oral medication, and if no luck, sometimes a cortizone shot. Many years ago I had an itch and scratch for a few months all over my body, which was treated mistakenly twice (!) as scabias. After months of annoying itch and scratch, and anoyying scabias treatment that of course didn't help, a dermatologist gave me a shot, and in a second everything was gone!
So...that's my advice to you.
Good Luck!