Use on children?

For all scalp related problems, post here

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

selba

Use on children?

Post by selba »

Hi. I am a new user and actually haven't even received my order yet, but look very forward to positive results!

My questions is this. I have 2 young children (1.5 and 2.5 years old). As many of you, I have been living w/ a mite infestation for a long time with no diagnosis other than rosacea or something else, and with no change in my condition. I have had this problem for about 14 years and have consistently been worried about passing it to my family or children.

My little ones have had a couple of acne-like bumps on their faces, so I am worried that I am passing the mites to them. Am I right to think this? (I'm sure it's contagious!) Can I use the shampoos and lotions etc on them? If so, do I just use it the same way as on myself?

Please let me know as I would happily do so if it will help rid our whole family of the mites!!!

thank you!
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello Selba

Yes, you can pass demodex mites to children, I saw pictures even from baby’s infested with demodex mites.
Luckily, children’s skin is not so good for those mites to survive so the moment the source of infection is gone, the problem on the children’s skin also disappear.
You can use a little ZZ on the children though, just a little and don’t use anything else.

Walter