Walter, need advice

For all scalp related problems, post here

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Minuca

Walter, need advice

Post by Minuca »

Hi, Walter.

I have demodex on my face and neck (it's spreading) and sometimes my scalp is itchy and falls out a lot. However, I don't have any red marks on my scalp as I have on my face etc. My scalp looks ok (exept for the hair loss) and when I had the demodex test it was negative. I am starting today my face treatment with the creams (Just got back from the post office). Should I start using the shampoo as well? What can happen if I don't have demodex on my scalp and still use the sampoo? What are the exact simptoms for demodex on scalp? Please, let me know what you think about how my treatment should go and most of all, what can happen if I use the shampoo without having demodex on my scalp. Thank you!

Minuca :roll:
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello

Demodex mites are sometimes difficult to find so even they tested your scalp it is still possible you have mites there,
How did they test?
Nothing can happen if you use the shampoo if no mites but if I was you, I would start to treat only the face first and
see what happens, many times the scalp problems also disappear with only treating the face.
Be careful with using the products on your neck, the skin can be very sensitive on the neck, use a bit on a little part
first to test if your skin can handle it there.

Walter
Minuca

Post by Minuca »

I went to the doctor's office because of acnea and hair loss and they send me to a laborator to have bits of skin from my face and from my scalp + hairs and watched them under microscop. And the result was demodex on my face, nothing on my hair. I will take your advice and see how the treatment does.