could it be?

For all scalp related problems, post here

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

hjohns

could it be?

Post by hjohns »

i was using hair clippers to shave my hair down some recently. i started seeing a lot of red spots on my scalp. then i remembered that when i go to sleep on the pillow, especially if i put my face on the pillow itself, my face gets worse.

i have been using zz and xfml on my face for awhile with good results. is it possible that the demodex in my hair is keeping my face fed with a constant population of mites?

i am shaving my head right now and going to use the soap and cremes on my scalp...might get some shampoo soon too.

does this all sound plausible though?
1downunder

Post by 1downunder »

I would like to know the answer to this as well!
zf007

Re: could it be?

Post by zf007 »

hjohns wrote:
i am shaving my head right now and going to use the soap and cremes on my scalp...might get some shampoo soon too.

does this all sound plausible though?
good courage. I hope i can do this too.
JS

Post by JS »

I am convinced this may be the only way to actually get rid of these mites for someone who has them. You can keep your facial skin covered in treatments all the time, but if they live on in the scalp then all they need is half an opportunity and they will infest your face once again.
hawaiigirl

scalp problems

Post by hawaiigirl »

walter has stated that if you have demodex mites on the face you most likely have them on the scalp. I used the zz cream as directed but didn't treat the scalp until several months later. Shampoo helped but I stopped after only six weeks. Now 7 months later I have the same face and scalp problems as before. I have restarted the zz cream and the shampoo. My face is much better, my scalp is still itchy and I'm losing LOTS of hair. That did not happen last time with the shampoo so I'm wondering if I should continue with shampoo or not. Thoughts anyone??