What other alternatives are there for treating eyelashes

For all problems with the eyelashes, post here

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Sanchez

Post by Sanchez »

The eyelash cream is no longer working for me. The 2% cream worked for several years, but then stopped working in 2008 when I posted this link: http://www.demodexsolutions.com/phpbb3/ ... f=3&t=1330 . I switched to 3%, and that worked for several years, but now no longer seems to be working. My eyes are getting worse and worse. I tried tea tree oil but without any success. What other options are there?
Mirmir

Re: What other alternatives are there for treating eyelashes

Post by Mirmir »

I will try to explain my experience and maybe something will help you:
My experiences with ocular rosacea:
In 2001, I had removed at Bascon Palmer, FL, a chalazae in my lower right lid. I received a diagnosis of blepharitis as well as instructions about cleaning thoroughly the eye lashes every day with baby shampoo in water. I did not understand what it was about because my eye lids never had any debris since I am very careful with my hygiene, so it was hard to understand why I had that problem. However, even when I began to follow the instructions, my eyes began getting watering and showed redness each time in progression. I felt desperate and was looking for an answer until I found an ophthalmologist and I explained him my troubles. He said me that I had OCULAR ROSACEA and that my superior lids had swollen because of this, and prescript to me an oral antibiotic as well as talked to me about using OCUSOFT, wet pads to clean the lids (instead of BABY SHAMPOO, which get dryness to the eyes) that are for me a lifelong remedy. In addition, I found that my nose also began to change, getting like a little more swollen at the tip and enlarged pores. I went to dermatologists and their solutions were always to takes antibiotic pills and use on the face METRONIDAZOL 1%. Yet the reason for the problem continued a mystery. Therefore, I began to check by myself everything about ROSACEA at Internet and by a miracle I found this site. I read everything about the mites and everything made sense for me. I purchased all the three products for the face: the ZZ oxide ointment, the Xin Fumaling as well as the 2% METRONIDAZOL CREAM for the eye lashes (here in the U.S.A. it doesn’t exist). I purchased too the antibiotic soaps. I expended three years using all of these products, even when I knew the life time of the mite is short. The problems stopped, THANKS TO THIS SITE. I implemented too other resolutions. For example, after the eyes were clear and the lids were normal again, I continued using OCUSOFT EVERY MORNING to clean my lids. I now use a soft dermatologist cream to clean my face every morning and after come home from work and before bed. I CHANGE MY PILLOW COVER EVERY DAY. AND, I use every now and then maintenance dose of these products. For example, now I began again a short cycle with each one of these 3 creams: ZZ oxide ointment, the Xin Fumaling as well as the 2% METRONIDAZOL CREAM, for we always are in contact with other people, much older people that we kiss and so on, and as you can know these mites are everywhere, yet there are people like me, who are more susceptible to them. With regard to my nose, the changes that I had noted did not disappear; for example, the tip of the nose continued a little more bulbous and the pores didn’t shrink, yet the problem stopped. I recommend get dermatologist attention to the face for cleaning and so on, but do not forget the real solutions regarding maintenance for ROSACEA As from this site.
Hope this help,
Mirmir
Sanchez

Post by Sanchez »

Thanks for your reply. I have tried a number of treatments from this website, but the main one that worked for me is the metronidazole eyelash cream. Originally the 2% worked great -- for about 4 or 5 years -- but then it seemed to stop working. I would order several tubes of the cream and only a few would work. I asked what is happening and Walter said he had no explanation: they all should be coming from the same batch. Yet the more I used it, the less often it work until finally I was ordering 8 tubes and I was lucky if 1 worked. I can only speculate that maybe they weren't all really the same strength: maybe some were slightly stronger than others, and once my body got used to a stronger one, then the weaker ones no longer worked. I cannot imagine any other possible explanation on why it stopped working. So I posted for help on this forum and Walter offered me trying the 3% cream instead. Gratefully, it did work for about 4 years, but now the same problem seems to be happening with the 3% cream. I'm lucky if I can get 1 tube to work when I order 6 or 8 tubes. So I don't really have much of a choice at the moment other than to spend a lot of money and hope one of the tubes works for me. Okay, I'll try the OCUSOFT and the antibiotic soaps, and I can give the xin fumanling and ZZ oxide another try -- but my main problem is eyelashes and I'm not sure these are safe for the eyelashes (yes the ocusoft should be but I don't know about the others).
braveheart

Post by braveheart »

you may try reading this forum has tons of ideas.
http://www.growyouthful.com/comment-ail ... emedyNo=32
mJacobsenSl

Post by mJacobsenSl »

In my experience my besseae look like this if I dont use very good quality water or they still have fertilizer in there mix when they dry out a little. Use rain water or RO water and flush good a few days after you fertilize. I thought I was using good water but after going to rain water for them they are looking good again.