Blepharitis

For all problems with the eyelashes, post here

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Maria

Blepharitis

Post by Maria »

Hi,
I am suffering from blepharitis, which I am sure is related to demodex. I have ordered the eyelash treatment, but was wondering whether this would treat brevis demodex in the meibomian glands? and if so, roughly how long will it take?and should I remain on the tetracycline I'm taking during treatment?

Maria.
freebird

Why no replies to this old post?

Post by freebird »

I just ordered 2 tubes of eyelash cream. I have been using tea tree oil treatments for about 1 week, from the time I first became aware of the demodex mites and realized they might be the cause of my problems (about 10 months now). I have tried about everything except heavy drugs and except botox injections. I have discovered that when I can keep the infection levels low (by massaging castor oil around my eyes, then gently applying golden seal) the other problems are usually not so bad. I am hoping the eyelash cream will get rid of the mites and thus the whole problem.

About a month and a half ago I had a dream in which I saw worms coming out of my eyes! It was frightening. Up till that time I had thought the problem was caused by some hormonal or chemical imbalance, or some other mysterious cause. It is called a "chronic infection, cause unknown." Recently I read about the demodex mites in a publication devoted to blephritis and belpharospam, and suddenly my dream made sense.

Applying tea tree oil to the eyelid and lashes hurts and is scary. I am hoping this cream works better.
Marla

Eyelash problems

Post by Marla »

I started using the eye product a few months ago. Until now, I have not had problems with the area around my eyes. The ZZ and XFML helped my eyelashes and eyebrows grow healthy.

After several years of success with the ZZ and XFML, I became infected with something specific to my eyelashes. (I became infected after an extended stay at a hotel and did not have my treatments with me.)

The ointment works great, but it takes weeks or months. I get relief right away, and the infection decreases; however, if I get lazy about applying the ointment, the infection comes back quickly.

I noticed that the inner corners of my eyes at the tear duct swell and become white. The duct is visible when swollen. After treating with the ointment, the swelling goes down by the next morning.

Something else: It is important to rub the eyelids before treating. Rub and disturb the roots of the eyelashes with a cotton swab, as directed. This helps in several ways.

In addition, I have found a dramatic improvement in blepharitis during treatment. I am more aggressive about rubbing the eyelash roots than most people would recommend; but, this results in removal of much debris, as well as better results sooner.

The take-away message for users is to be persistent, consistent and patient. Practice good hygiene.

The eye treatment works. Antibiotics helped me when the infection was overwhelming, but provided only short term relief.
freebird

Don't know if they will allow this to be posted

Post by freebird »

When I used the eyelash ointment, my eyes felt terrific for the first time in months. However, about the same time, my joints began to ache. It became worse and worse until finally I woke up to the fact that the active ingredient in the eyelash ointment was the cause of the joint pain. Metronidazole is sold in the US as Flagyl. One of the common side effects is joint pain. This is not something mild - it was quite disabling for me and kept getting worse and worse. I stopped using the ointment immediately, and my joints began getting better. They are almost back to normal after a couple of weeks. However, I really miss the eye ointment, because it made my eyes feel so good. I think there must be other ingredients in it besides the Metronidazole that affect the eyes, because the changes were so immediate for me. I wish the people marketing this would continue to research and find another product besides the metronidazole that will kill the Demodex and also sooth the eyes the way this product does. I also wish they would list the complete ingredients so that other research would be stimulated.
Sanchez

Re: Why no replies to this old post?

Post by Sanchez »

freebird wrote:I just ordered 2 tubes of eyelash cream. I have been using tea tree oil treatments for about 1 week, from the time I first became aware of the demodex mites and realized they might be the cause of my problems (about 10 months now). I have tried about everything except heavy drugs and except botox injections. I have discovered that when I can keep the infection levels low (by massaging castor oil around my eyes, then gently applying golden seal) the other problems are usually not so bad. I am hoping the eyelash cream will get rid of the mites and thus the whole problem.

About a month and a half ago I had a dream in which I saw worms coming out of my eyes! It was frightening. Up till that time I had thought the problem was caused by some hormonal or chemical imbalance, or some other mysterious cause. It is called a "chronic infection, cause unknown." Recently I read about the demodex mites in a publication devoted to blephritis and belpharospam, and suddenly my dream made sense.

Applying tea tree oil to the eyelid and lashes hurts and is scary. I am hoping this cream works better.
I also tried tea tree oil on the eyelids, and it did not help. On the other hand, the eye cream can be very effective. I know the feelings you are having. I have had them too. You are not alone in this misery. Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.