how long does one use the eyelash cream

For all problems with the eyelashes, post here

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

linmis

how long does one use the eyelash cream

Post by linmis »

I was diagnosed with demodex induced blepharitis and dry eye. My MD suggested using lid scrubs with tea tree oil? Is this as effective as the eyelash cream? How long should one use the eyelash cream to effect change? (one month or longer?) He also suggested washing hair with tea tree shampoo. Please comment.
EggBert

Post by EggBert »

Im not sure on the answer to your question, but what your symptoms??
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

I've never met any orthodox medical doctor who recommended anything other than prescription antibiotics for something. Now, I'm not totally against the idea of herbal or alternative products like tea tree oil, but the fact is, those kinds of products are not regulated or inspected for quality. When you buy them, you often don't know what you're getting. So I'm surprised the doctor would recommend tea tree oil.

I have the same issue. I was recently diagnosed with blepharitis when I came in to complain about my red, bloodshot eyes. My opthalmologist prescribed an eye ointment called Bacitracin. It's an antibiotic ointment. I applied it by first scrubbing my eye lashes and outer portions of my eye with baby shampoo. Then I pulled my lower eye lid away from my eye to form a pouch. Then I put about a half an inch of the ointment into the pouch and closed my eye. I did this for 20 days, 10 days longer than what I was supposed to do, and it didn't help at all. I still have bloodshot eyes.

I'm now trying the metronidazole eye ointment sold here. We'll see how it goes. This time I'm using a q-tip to apply it just to the eyelashes and outer edges of my eye lids. I'm not making a pouch and squirting it into my eyes. I hope that's the right thing to do. I'm still washing with baby shampoo also.

If this doesn't work, it could be that the contacts I used to wear (I've stopped wearing them) might have caused a blockage of oxygen to my eyes. The blockage of oxygen might have increased the number of capillaries on the eyes. If so, I wonder if it's permanent. I'm just wearing glasses these days now. And if I ever go back to wearing contacts, I'm going to use the new Acuvue Advance ones which supposedly pass oxygen a lot better.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
linmis

eye lash cream

Post by linmis »

Hi Steve
I have severe dry eyes with meibomian gland dysfunction as a result of Lasik vision correction (3 years ago). My demodex problems were diagnosed by Dr. Maskin in Florida who removed eye lashes and placed them under a microsope. I was able to view the demodex through the microscope. I do lid scrubs with baby shampoo and the tea tree oil (Dr. D's) was another suggestion. This is also recommended by a Dr. Tseng in Miami who also treats dry eye.
I have never found any other opthomalogists who diagnose any of these conditions and suggest treatment. Dry eye remains a mystery to most doctors.
I found this site by researching the web on demodex.
I am concerned about the ingredients in the eye lash cream since it was not prescribed by my doctor.
Please keep me posted as to you treatment. :)