Wooooo! *wipes tear*

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Phil The Pill

Wooooo! *wipes tear*

Post by Phil The Pill »

Hahaha, good stuff. I got my shipment today (I ordered 2 bars of acrid soap and the zz creme). Well I just took a shower and then applied the zz and my god...lol. I was crying and sniffing hehe. It's definitely better now as time wears on. Anyway, my question is: Is the ZZ creme supposed to blend in the skin completely? Reason I am asking is because, this being my first time appling the stuff, I figure I put on too much and it's more of a mask right now.

Thanks.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Probable you used to much but it can be indeed a bit difficult to apply invisible, just take a bit on you finger, that should be enough for the whole face, put some tiny little dots everywhere and rub in softly, it is really not necessary to use a lot.
Crying and sniffing will become better after using some time :lol:

good luck

Walter
Phil The Pill

Post by Phil The Pill »

Hehe cool cool. All I can say after one evening is WOW. I had a "small" cyst on my neck last night and this morning I was in the shower washing with the Acrid soap and while rubbing my neck I noticed it completely freakin' vanished (to touch). I am quite impressed so far. I have a couple questions regarding the mites:

1.) Do they live on clothes?
2.) Are these mites that I am killing on my face related to dust mites etc?
Walter

Post by Walter »

Yes, they can be in your clothes but they die soon in a dry environment, don't worry to much about this, pillow covers are the most dangerous, good idea to change them regularly.
No, demodex mites are not related to dustmites except they are both mites of course.

Walter
Phil The Pill

Post by Phil The Pill »

Yep. Only day two and my skin is lookin' better. Anyway, I was thinking about bacteria and mites today and I guess it's no coincidence that my skin clears up during the summer when I am outside in the sun shine (the sun destroys the bacteria) and during the winter my skin gets worse (indoor a lot with no sunshine). Just a thought I'd like to throw out there.
Phil The Pill

Post by Phil The Pill »

What do you guys think of this routine:

Morning:
Shower with Acrid Soap

Evening:
Shower with Acrid Soap
Apply ZZ Creme

Pretty standard stuff?
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

Phil The Pill wrote:What do you guys think of this routine:

Morning:
Shower with Acrid Soap

Evening:
Shower with Acrid Soap
Apply ZZ Creme

Pretty standard stuff?
Good idea to use the Acarid soap to wash your face twice a day. If I were you, I'd add XFML with metronidazole after the shower in the morning.

I don't generally use the Acarid soap bar on my entire body, just my face. For the rest of my body, I use a normal soap bar. It costs less that way, and mites don't tend to infect most of the body. So you'll be okay just using it on your face.

You may also want to look into adding the Fulio shampoo to your routine 3 days a week.

To help with the initial break-out, add Carley's acne cleanser to your morning shower. It's liquid bezoyl peroxide, and it's applied just 1 minute before washing it off. It could help, and I don't think it would interfere at all with the ZZ or XFML treatments.

Also, most importantly... Do NOT touch your face during the day. This is because people scratch their heads during the day. Then the mites from your scalp rub off onto your hands. Then touching your face will re-infect your face with mites. So keep your hands off your face.

While we're at it, change your pillow cases as Walter already mentioned. Change your bath towels, too. If you exercise, use a clean towel to wipe your sweat off. And also if you exercise, make sure you shower IMMEDIATELY after your work-out. Your sweat will carry the mites from your scalp to your face.

Also, wait 1 hour before going to bed after applying the ZZ cream at night. Otherwise it could rub off onto your pillow too much.

And yes, it's difficult applying ZZ invisibly. It's okay just to have a light, white powder residue on your face. So long as you don't care how you look in bed, no problem.

Oh, another thing... Stick with the program for at least 3-5 months before deciding whether it's working or not. It doesn't work overnight for most people. You should commit yourself to 3-5 months.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
Phil The Pill

Post by Phil The Pill »

Roger that.

Thanks!
Phil The Pill

Post by Phil The Pill »

Just wanted to update that I read about taking Ribovflavin with the treatment and I thought what the hell because I have some extra B5 blend powder (it's got B5, pantethine, optizinc, various B vitamins etc) left over so I will take a little bit of that 3x a day with the treatment.
Phil The Pill

Post by Phil The Pill »

Yeah, just wanted to add a bit. My acne started like 5 years ago or so with cysts. It was acually just cysts for the most part but then recently after Accutane and B5 treatments it's basically whiteheads with "small" cystic type things. But my whole chest basically and little bit of the back is blackheads (can't see too well back there :? ). My forehead is full of blackheads as well. But it's interesting because at almost any time I could scratch across my chest or forehead and come up with these very short quite stiff see through stuff that almost looks like it's a blackhead but it ain't. That's when I knew something was really wrong. I just couldn't figure it out. And yeah, so here am I in day 5 or of the treatment, trying to reverse what could be 5 years of infection. Just waiting to get my creme to use in the morning and perhaps I will add a shampoo as well.
Phil The Pill

Post by Phil The Pill »

You know it's funny how we talk about autoimmune diseases and such but to tell you the truth, I can't remember the last time I had a cold or have been sick. Even when my other family members are sick.