Nothing works

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

AshleyLiu

Nothing works

Post by AshleyLiu »

Hello I'm 21 this year and I started having pustules(small) on and off on my checks, nose and forehead when I was 16 years old. After that, believe me, I have tried using a lot of facial products to clear my face up, but disappointedly, nothing works. I have spent tons n tons of money in buying those products and when I almost gave up hope, I came across this product called miyome. It manages to clear up my skin within 1 week, but then I will still get pustules every now and then. And I don't know what is actually going on on my face, everytime before a new pustule develops, it will first appears to be something exactly the same as a mosquito bump, and it's itchy and burning LIKE HELL, and also reddened which makes me embarrassed and annoyed. So I started Oil Cleansing Methods 5 days ago by using argan, olive and grapeseed oils, then... Here come my nightmares, I started to develop pustules and papules as many as hell over my cheeks and forehead. It's super itchy and red!! I can't Stan the crawling sensations at night and even at noon now! Thats like 2 days ago I came across this demodex solution online, and decided to purchase. I actually have my 70% original fair skin, I don't know whether it's a wise choice or not to try the zz cream and xfml cream, Bt I just can't stand the itchiness and crawling feelings! I will update you all after I receive the products and use it:) wish me luck as I really need it!
AshleyLiu

1st Day

Post by AshleyLiu »

Ok, I have just received my zz cream and xfml cream. I have to admit that I like that xfml cream very much! The texture it gives to my skin is so good! And after applying it, my face didn't have any adverse reactions, it's just like normal kind of moisturizer for me( I have a sensitive skin and my skin is super duper thin).

About the zz cream, I just applied it 20 minutes ago, and the cooling effect is enormous! But then I don't feel any crawling or burning or itching sensations on my skin, may be its because today is just the first day? Haha!

But any how I should have mentioned that my skin is quite ok, I only have flush during either too hot or too cold weather. And the crawling sensation only happens twice a month. An usually my face is clear without any P&P, but I still decides to give zz cream a try because I'm sick of having itchiness and hives like mosquito's bump out of a sudden when I am outside with friends(but this only happens twice or three times a month, and the bump will turn into a pustule or papule or just fade away with the redness).

Good luck to me. People I know how it feels to have bad skin as I had worse skin I my secondary school life. I'll try my best to update here everyday:) cheers:)
AshleyLiu

2nd Day

Post by AshleyLiu »

Well, is this zz cream really working? Because so far I only can feel the cooling effect for 10 mins after applying, but my skin is not flaky and red as described by many other consumers, perhaps it's just the second day so no much difference? Haha...

But today I woke up to see a red itchy bump on my cheek, it's itchy throughout the day even after applying the xfml with metronidazole. Ok, one more credit to zz cream is that after applying zz cream to that area just now, the itchiness miraculously stopped! And the redness of the bump is reducing :D

No crawling and itchiness at night:)
UsernameTaken

Re: Nothing works

Post by UsernameTaken »

hey ashley,

i guess i will join you in your journal entries. i'll post here as well.

i started the zz treatment years ago and it cleared me up but i stopped for some reason and now i am starting again.

i'll let you know how my treatment goes this time :)
AshleyLiu

4th Day

Post by AshleyLiu »

Hello! Hahaha nice to know someone is gonna reply me here! How may I address u? username Taken? Haha!

Ok, so today I woke up to find many red bumps over my face, itchy and aching at the same time. But then I have to attend classes so I just applied xfml cream and foundation. But too bad the foundation can't cover up the redness!

Then the redness slowly developed into many pustules!!! Many!!! I had never have so many pustules before!!! Like 15 altogether! I was so self conscious throughout the day!

So tonight I applied a thicker layer of zz cream:,( my skin also started to become flaky, but still not red except for the pustules parts:,,(

Mr/Ms Username Taken, I need to know your previous experience:,(
AshleyLiu

5th Day

Post by AshleyLiu »

Ok, I don't really want to write anything today. I had a super bad mood! I had never had so many P&P throughout my life. They are big, deep, red, itchy, swollen and painful. Im so sad and down.

Did I make the wrong decision to use this product?

I need some support, please do share w me your personal experience! I'm really sad...
mcwick94

Post by mcwick94 »

Ashley I feel your pain. Im 46 and my skin sucks and has sucked for over 30 years. I would say your experience is normal and sounds like a classsic case. Read over the forum and you will see this is how many respond to the treatment. I had that experience around May which was 2 months after I started. Ive posted pictures so take a look back at some of my posts and you will see. I also deal with seborrheic dermatitis so its already dry and flakey and clogged. My "spots" still develop every single day and I have not had much improvement so I dont know what I'm going to do at this point but everyone's experience is different. My spots are mostly flat and are in the "beard" area of my face even though Im female. They dont itch in this area at all. The hive like ones I get are always on my jawline and generally are raised mosquito like bites and often itch. I usually wake up to these several times a month. The red spots on the sides of my face are always the same ones dying die and flaring up so I'm not sure if this is caused by demodex because I apply a very thin and I mean very thin layer of ZZ or XFML cream daily. I dont usually do 2 times a day. Can you post some pictures of your face so we can see?
UsernameTaken

Post by UsernameTaken »

hi ashley!!

i know what you're going through, i've been through all that but you have to keep pushing through. it'll all pass and it'll all be worth it. trust me. i've been there and i'm going through it again :( stupid me

i've only just begun so i havent even started the nasty breakout period but i will update!

and i am a girl! :)
mcwick94

Post by mcwick94 »

Username,
Can u post some pics so we have an idea of what we are all dealing with.
AshleyLiu

6th Day

Post by AshleyLiu »

Sorry I dn wanna post my photo here, I'm being too self conscious that I dn even wanna take a photo of it:( and my face now is covered with pustules! Very itchy.

Today it's worse. Bad mood. Don't know how long it takes as I'm gonna have a trip this October, I don't really want to let people see my face now...
AshleyLiu

Post by AshleyLiu »

Thanks for your support Ms UsernameTaken, but I began to have these pustules the 3rd day of using zz n xfml creams, and it came like a storm.
mcwick94

Post by mcwick94 »

U can message me private. Are they raised?
AshleyLiu

Decided to stop

Post by AshleyLiu »

Yes they r raised, tight, burning, red, painful and itchy! My skin had never been so bad b4! I would only have P£P occasionally. I know zz cream is just doing its job, but I cnt continue after 6 days of treatment, as I have to attend classes daily and the foundation can no longer cover those insightful pustules up. I feel sad.
UsernameTaken

Post by UsernameTaken »

hmm you need to continue treatment. there is never a better time to do this than now because your skin will look better than ever once you pass the nasty breakout period. you attend classes and i understand that because when i first started using the zz cream i also had classes but i pushed through and it was worth it. i didn't even wear makeup.

i know you feel very discouraged but if you tell yourself that you can't do this NOW then when will you do it?? you can maybe do one part of your face at a time. do your forehead for this week and once that clears up move on to your nose or cheeks but i really really really encourage you to push through the treatment
AshleyLiu

Post by AshleyLiu »

Ms Username, may I know bout ur breakout period? As mine is all pustules! Very big painful, dark red, hot as I hv never had b4. I usually will only have Maximun up to 3 pustules in a month but now my whole face is covered with pustules! I don't know whether I'm sensitive to sulphur or not...