Found a possible solution for my dry skin.

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Josh

Found a possible solution for my dry skin.

Post by Josh »

I've been using cetaphil lotion (without sunscreen) on top of the ZZ cream, because its been really cold and dry where I live. It seems to be working okay, though my face has been a little bit redder lately, but maybe that's because this is my second week using ZZ cream. Is this lotion good to use with ZZ cream? Is there anything like it that would work better?

Josh
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

I don't know what the official answer is, but personally I'd be worried that using a moisturizer with ZZ would dilute ZZ too much. This dryness is why we use ZZ at night and then XFML in the day. The XFML cream acts like a moisturizer. It's a good combination. Otherwise, just use ZZ at night and a generic moisturizer during the day (XFML in the day isn't really necessary, but it helps, and you'll get faster results I think).

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
Walter

Post by Walter »

I also think that it is better if the skin becomes to dry to use a moisturizer during the day and the ZZ pure in the evening but I really have no idea how much the cetaphil will weaken the ZZ so hard to tell.
The ZZ is strong stuff so I think it will keep on working but indeed probable less, the instructions say to use nothing else.
The best trick to control dryness is using less, just as much your skin can handle, especially the first weeks, then gradually try to use more.
Some people have such a sensitive skin that less can even be to much,
in this case using a moisturizer can maybe help to go true the beginning period till the skin gets stronger again, using the Fumanling during the day also helps most of the time of course, this is the best combination for most people.
Every body is so different that it is hard to give a general rule, listen to your skin and try to find out what works the best for you but keep in mind that the goal is to kill the mites so the more pure the better.( Not quantity)

Walter