About my Demodex.........

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

RClarke54

About my Demodex.........

Post by RClarke54 »

Hello, I am a new member to this forum. I had just a few questions and concerns, so I am hoping someone can help me out with an answer or two. I am just wondering if someone either knew what the color is of an actual demodex mite and if it would be possible to see a visual on them by just looking into a bathroom mirror? Maybe seeing one or two jumping from follicle to follicle if and when the scalp feels very itchy and crawly late at night. My last question is, I had food poisoning and purchased a used vehicle about a year ago that was loaded with dirt and dog mange. After first starting to drive the car and then getting food poisioning about a week later, it has been really tough for me to decipher where the demodex is coming from. Would it be possible for demodex to live in my vehicle off of old dog mange? I can say that I started feeling itchy realtivley quickly after starting to drive it. Could there be demodex eggs in my vehicle? Doctors have all given me the same song and dance that I am sure everyone has gotten. All they could really give me was grief and 0.75% metrocream, 1 refill a week for 12 weeks. I have just starting taking the zz cream and fulimating cream about a week now, so far, I am still having the same itchiness, rashes and pimples, along with mites in my face and eyelashes, particularly when I am still or my body heat increases, for ex, meditation is almost impossible for me lay down for more than 5 mins without that sandy and grainy like itchy feel all over my face and body, then I look in the mirror a while later and see the results. The same goes for at night. I have had to pretty much self diagnose myself, it took a while but, I was able to find out what was really going on with just a quick internet search. If anyone can help or has some info please let me know. Many thanks and look forward to making some new demodex friends. - Ryan C
Acorn59

Re: About my Demodex.........

Post by Acorn59 »

Hey RClarke54,

I am new to the demodex thing, and I am not a doctor so... :)

But to answer your questions (based on what I think and know..)

1) I know that when you look at demodex mites under a microscope, they are usually clear. They look like cigars.

2) No, it is not possible to see demodex mites with the naked eye. You need a microscope. If you are seeing a parasite on your skin with your naked eyes, it is not demodex, but it is nevertheless, a parasite most likely.

3) From what I've read, there have been conflicting views about how long demodex can live without a host, and what type of environments increase the chances of them surviving, etc. I've read that demodex mites can live for about.. 50 hours in a wet environment. But I've read studies where they've conducted experiments and the demodex didn't live for long without a host. Just to be safe though, I change my pillowcases often, and I use a new towel everytime. Some people even recommend to buy NEW pillowcases. I've also read someone on this forum that bought a whole new mattress and felt less itchy. So in my opinion, I do think that demodex doesn't need a host to survive, but will only survive for a certain amount of time. Like... I don't think that a demodex mite can live for more than a year without a host. However, just to be safe, it is always good to be CLEAN, and fresh.

4) Yes, for some reason, doctors have never helped me. I have requested every single test, and they all still come back normal. No one ever offered solutions to me besides that I will have to live with my condition forever, and that everything is normal. So.. I do not want to say to stop going to the doctors, but it is very good idea to do research on your own. Because... you make appointments with doctors, take forever to get in, and they end up not helping anyways or blowing you off. And you still have to pay a lot of money. It's a rip off and a stupid cycle.

My question is,... what does the food poisoning have to do with getting a new vehicle?
I'm confused about this.

I think that it would be worth your time to treat demodex.
I have read that xin fumanling cream has been irritating to many people. I have read awesome reviews about the zz cream, and the acarid soap. So... if your symptoms do not improve, I think you should do zz cream twice a day, or just at night.

And how old are you? You sound a bit older. Do you take vitamins to boost your immune system?
WHat is your life style like?

Either way, I do feel that a dirty vehicle is not good. Whether it caused mites or not,.. i'm sure it's caused you a lot of irritation.

Have you tried driving a different vehicle? Or getting a ride with other people to see if your symptoms get some relief?

good luck.