Neck cystic acne

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

tuffluck

Neck cystic acne

Post by tuffluck »

Hi,

I recently bought the XFML cream and been applying to my neck and jaw line area. I haven't seen much improvement yet but will continue to stay hopeful.

However, my question is this... from the research i've done it seems that demodex affects mostly the face.

Walter, what are your thoughts on the cystic type acne that occurs mostly around m y jaw line and upper sides of my neck?

Please be honest. I am just trying to figure out the best approach to healing myself.
tuffluck

Re: Neck cystic acne

Post by tuffluck »

This stuff made me break out more than ever with cystic acne :(
oliviafofa1

Post by oliviafofa1 »

Hi,
Could you please let me know about your progress.
I placed an order for the zz an dc creams but they did not arrive yet.
Honestly I'm scared to start the treatment and have all these breakouts that everybody says they have.
Thanks a bunch.
Olivia
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello

problems because of demodex mites can be everywhere on the facial skin, so also jaw line and upper neck.
The only way to know for sure is testing for demodex mites but like you probably already know,
it is not easy to find a derm who is capable or willing to do a demodex mites test though it is so simple and fast to do,
I am anyway confident that in the near future, more and more dermatologists will be able to do this.
This stuff made me break out more than ever with cystic acne :(
Actually, this is a sign the treatment is working, the reason for this breakouts is that by killing the mites massively, they die and decompose in your skin, exposing their own host specific bacteria into your skin, this can create infections, not everybody reacts on their bacteria though, it depends from person to person, some have no breakouts at all,
once most mites are gone, this outbreaks will stop and you are on your way to have a spotless skin once again.

Walter
oliviafofa1

Post by oliviafofa1 »

Thanks a lot, Walter!

I'm confident I'll get better too.

God bless everyone on this forum!

Olivia