Demodicosis

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Gamgam

Demodicosis

Post by Gamgam »

I just want to clarify my diagnosis and issue and I'm wondering if someone could give me their opinion on the subject matter. I was diagnosed with demodicosis after requesting a mite test, but is this basically considered rosacea? Is is really possible to cure demodicosis if you find them all over your body. This is the main issue. From what I understand the DS shampoo doesn't claim to kill a lot of mites, unless I'm mistaken. I haven't found much information about this shampoo. I have red dermatitis type legions all over my body due to those mites and I am finding the "use ZZ on all areas of your body" to be the most expensive thing I've ever heard. I dab some occasionally. The shampoo/scalp is a serious issue in my opinion, because I have lost a lot of hair, and I know they are there, but all I'm doing is using sulfur and DS shampoos. It doesn't seem like that is a real effective treatment. Is there no medical cure for demodicosis? Or is it that there is no cure for Rosacea? Or is it both? Do they really separate these two disorders? It is all disorganized and poorly studied.