Does this sound like a mite infestation?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

alli

Does this sound like a mite infestation?

Post by alli »

Hello!

I've read many, many posts and I have to say that I'm excited...and itchy. :-)) I've suffered from acne for about 30 years....on and off, but more on than off. Treatments galore have left me discouraged and angry at the lack of "interest" in this so very common and exhausting problem. Last year I finally was recommended to a dermatologist. And my skin has never been worse in my life. During a 9 month treatment of Accutane, I started developing rosacea. And with that papulopustular rosacea. I am mortified. While I've only had the problem just over a year, the pressure and tunnelling of infection under the skin has left my skin looking something akin to a burn victim. There's significant thickening in the areas that are constantly inflamed (chin, under my nose, cheekbones). Pores are unusually enlarged and areas affected are between the eyebrows (sometimes in the eyebrows), sides ,top, and just below the nose and surrounding area, chin, neck and cheeks. At the same time I started developing lumpiness under the skin on both sides of my neck and upper shoulders and neck area. Just lumps. I wondered if it was acne, but they never seem to come to a head. They just are. The Dr told me it was acne scarring...and that was the last time I went to see him. I felt completely defeated and dissallusioned with the medical professionals. I've been trying over the counter treatments for the last 6 months, with moderate effect...it's slow, with no new breakouts, although the inflammation seems to move around alot and the original areas have NEVER changed. Yesterday, I was surfing and reading document after document of big words and the mites caught my eye. I have always itched. My whole body itches...and it's always been chalked up to a dermatitis...which I've learned to live with somewhat. But now my daughter is suffering with the same itchiness. Her back ..and I certainly don't want her to have to suffer as I have. I've put in an order for almost everything, and now, as my excitement is somewhat checked (lol) I wonder if my condition even sounds like a possible mite infestation? I would love to hear back...summer is coming and I'd LOVE to wear my hair back....

warm regards,
Allison
Gamgam

Re: Does this sound like a mite infestation?

Post by Gamgam »

I am not a doctor, or anyone promoting DS products (I'm just starting out on DS products), but in my personal opinion, if you have the symptoms you mentioned I would go with demodex mites.
jonathan2340

Re: Does this sound like a mite infestation?

Post by jonathan2340 »

I have no idea about this. I do not have any knowledge about this information. Thaks for posting this information. Keep it up.