My story. Have been on ZZ for 1 week.

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

-hef-

My story. Have been on ZZ for 1 week.

Post by -hef- »

hi, i am new to the board. my name is Matt. i live in Philly in the US. i'll try not to make this too long-winded. roll the clock back almost 2 years exactly. i bought a new townhome, new construction. the day i moved in, i started noticing some redness on my face. i thought it was sunburn that i got from the day i moved all my furniture into the new house. it got worse each day. eventually i went to the derm and he said it was contact dermatitis. i saw other derms and they said the same thing. i decided myself that if it was bacterial or fungal, i could kill it by sitting in the sun. my face looked so bad, i had to go the the emergency room. my face was as bright red as a lobster. so the doc i saw in the ER gave me a script for steroid cream, really strong stuff. i was using it on my face for a while, and it helped. after many months, i found out that there is something in the water supply in the new city that i moved to that i am allergic to. so i put a water filter on, and that helped, but my face never got 100% better. the rash would come and go, but was never worse than a 2 on a 10 scale. in march of 2007, about a year ago, the rash got very bad on my forehead but this time, it never went away. it kept getting worse. so i used some of the lower power steroid on my face (triamcinalone). i would apply a little on my forehead and the rash would go away for a week, then i would apply the steroid again... and the cycle continued for almost a year. i was doing this because i thought it was still contact dermatitis, and that i could not find out what i was allergic to. about 2 months ago, i went to another derm and she said that i have rosacea on my cheeks and rosacea/seb derm on my forehead. i stopped the steroid, and i tried metrogel for a month, and it didn't do much for me, so i went online and found demodex solutions and was reading some testimonials, so i bought some zz cream. i knew i could not continue to use the steroid. i have been using the zz for over a week, and am going through pretty much what everyone else is going through. i am a little different in that i don't care too much what people think about my face, and i live my life fairly normally. although, i haven't been on a date since i stopped using the steroid cream. i am not sure if i have the steroid-induced rosacea, or a dif kind. i guess i'll know in another month or so.

one question, when i was on the steroid cream, my cheeks never got better, but the rash would prety much completely go away on my forehead. did anyone else use steroid cream, and have it work for their rosacea? i am only curious, because to this day, i still am not sure if what is on my forehead is rosacea. i know that steroid is terrible for the face, and do not intend to use it anymore. i think i am a rare case in that i had a condition before the rosacea that required use of steroid cream.
poohiebear

Re: My story. Have been on ZZ for 1 week.

Post by poohiebear »

I also just recently started the zz and hoping for good results...but to answer your question I also used 2 different steriod lotions in the past and they made my skin worse....I don't know why it works only on your forehead ..that is kinda strange....but if you do have demodex mites I wouldn't use any steriod creams or lotions, I think the steriods mutiply the mites. I live in the U.S. too and it seems all the dermatologists always want to give steroids if your face is breaking out,or you have rosacea... they never even mention mites as the possible cause and the steriods make it worse so you never get cured. I'm glad I found this site cause I have all the symptoms and I also know stress plays an important part in weakening the immune system that can contribute to activating these darn mites and I have been through alot of stress and hope by taking vitamins to boost my immune system from stress and using the zz cream ..I can get my skin back to normal.
-hef-

Post by -hef- »

been using the zz for about 2 months. i am very pleased with the results. i went from numerous papules on my forehead to maybe one or two here and there. my cheeks are a light shade of red with some blood vessels showing, only when you look very closely at my face. i plan to continue using daily until my forehead is completely clear.

some additional notes: i did not change my diet, sun habits (being out in the sun), drinking. i didn't change anything other than using zz every night (i missed one night) for the last 2 months. i thought that might help some people. i know results vary with each person, but this was the path i chose... to not change my life. who knows, if i change my diet around my face might be 100%. either way, i highly recommend the zz cream.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello

Happy to hear you are doing well with the treatment,
dont stop too soon, even when later all your symptoms will be gone,
still do at least for some months a maintenance treatment like using 2 or 3 days
a week only in the evening.

keep us informed

Walter
-hef-

Post by -hef- »

thanks for replying Walter. i do plan to keep up some sort of maintenance. prob a couple nights a week as you suggested.

one other thing that i would like to add is that i recently started using contact lenses. now when i put the ZZ on, my eyes don't water anymore. weird... but cool.
changeswillcome

Post by changeswillcome »

my experience: my son has the worst face and body break outs out of 3 kids and me. I've been taking him to the doctor since 2003. THEY ALWAYS GIVE HIM STERIODS! Usually the shot! His eye has swollen shut 2 times in 2006 & 2007.
I am the one who has him on the zz cream now. They even gave him acne pills. I wish I had a picture of What his face was like a year ago! ZZ cream has worked for my family. He calls it the guzzy stuff!

the USA doctors never mention mites, and I had to make the doctor give me the scabies cream 3 tubs of it for all my kids in 2004. And the doctor disagreed with me, any ways, but he still gave it to me. I was not smart enough to demand a skin test. (my son's father is the one who usually always takes him to the doctor) and he lives at his dad! So hard for me to over see things. He won't take his vitamins. 15 years old now. He won't stop drinking soda either! And his water intake is POOR> :roll: typical teenager!

zz cream works. Have to be patient and keep buying. The deeper mite take awhile to kill and the stupid things are always multiplying! I believe that several life changes have to be made to help fight: diet, water only for drinking & juice, No junk food, washing sheets more frequently, new pillow, pillow cover, vitamins, use soap, shampoo, zz and the daily cream. <My opinion only> :idea:
best wishes :D
-hef-

Post by -hef- »

it has been almost a year. results are good. i still am on daily usage of the zz cream. if i miss a day, my forehead breaks out a bit. can't complain at all. wish it was a cure, but i accept that i'll have to use it for a long time until someone finds a cure.
-hef-

Post by -hef- »

it's been about a year and a half and i am off the daily regimen without any problems. i still use the ZZ cream once or twice a week, but being off the daily regimen is really nice. i am really happy that i found ZZ cream and recommend it to anyone with rosacea.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Yes, it takes time in some cases, why some are clear after some weeks and others
only after many months, we cannot tell.
The main reason for failures using our products is stopping to soon, it can take time
for the immune system to stop reacting on the mites, how long this takes depends from person to person.
In case of rosacea, eliminating demodex mites is the first thing, after this, the immune system can go back to normal
and the redness etc. will disappear, acne for example has nothing to do with the reaction of the immune system.
There is no need to use the full treatment for a year, in the most cases 5/6 months should be enough, after that,
it is important not to stop and to use 2 a 3 times a week in the evening till all symptoms are gone,
even if it takes more than a year like in your case.

Thanks for keep us informed :D

Walter
-hef-

Post by -hef- »

man, I cant believe how long it has been since I started using zz cream. it was fun guessing my password for the forum too. :mrgreen: i have had my rosacea go into complete remission 3 or 4 times over the years. i usually will stop treatment all together, and then it comes back again. i noticed that each time it comes back, it's not quite as bad as the time before. i had one round of IPL to get rid of some of the broken capillaries on my face, so i am actually looking semi normal. very happy with zz cream, and will continue to use until my rosacea is gone forever.