zz cream clog pores?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

rosaceastinks

zz cream clog pores?

Post by rosaceastinks »

I just started using my zzcream. I only get a few P&P's once in a great while. I am wondering since this cream is so thick, how can it not clog the pores? Is this why people break out from it, maybe? :?

Also, should I apply moisturizer (emu oil) before or after the zzcream?

Thanks so much!
erico

Re: zz cream clog pores?

Post by erico »

i apply jojoba oil before zz cream. it seems to be working fine.

i'm also wondering about zz cream clogging pores.
especially on the nose...once in a while i will get single big red pimples on my nose, could this be cause of the clogged pores from using too much zz cream?
rosaceastinks

Post by rosaceastinks »

Anyone?
bayarea

Post by bayarea »

I don't feel that zz clogs my pores. The pimples once in a while are probably still demodex, I get them too (I'm now 4 weeks in the treatment), but I don't believe it's causes by clogged pores.
I try not to add any oils or ointments but zz and XFML. Sometimes (rarely though) I put gel aloe vera. I do use eye cream twice a day - as the eye area is not covered with zz or zfml any how.
Walter

Post by Walter »

The ZZ cream doesn’t block the pores, the pimples you get
is from demodex mites dying of

Walter
erico

Post by erico »

So I should keep applying the zz cream on my nose even though I'm getting these huge pimples?
Since they are dying, should I wait for the pimple to go away before applying again? or keep on applying?

Thanks for the help!
Walter

Post by Walter »

Yes, no need to wait till those pimpels are gone, actualy, those pimpels are because the treament is working,
dont use to much though, just a little bit is enough.

Walter
rosaceastinks

Post by rosaceastinks »

I just started getting p&p's and I have had the rosacea flushes for a year and a half. I keep getting them more and more, and the funny thing is my husband is now breaking out with acne... I stopped using the zzcream because I saw pimples coming but now that I stopped I am still getting new ones, and I only put the zzcream on two pimples, not all over the face. I am so frustrated...Thanks for listening...
rosaceastinks

Post by rosaceastinks »

sorry I wanted to add, does it matter that my rosacea is subtype 1, vascular rosacea? Thanks again... :)
rosaceastinks

Post by rosaceastinks »

oooppss, sorry, one more question..lol..If mites are the cause or could be, then can someone tell me how rosacea is hereditary? I mean my father has rosacea, not bad like me, I don't think he even knows it, I know he has it now that I know the symptoms. So if this is the case for me, maybe mites are not the cause and zzcream might not work :(
rosaceastinks

Post by rosaceastinks »

I have been using this cream just on two spots that I have, whenever I do this I find that more pop up within the next day really close to the treated area. I have been doing some research on sulfur and have found that sulfur may cause new cells that have been exposed to adhere to each other, causing more acne. I think this is why people have more breakouts from the zzcream, at least for me anyway...
Walter

Post by Walter »

I have been using this cream just on two spots that I have, whenever I do this I find that more pop up within the next day really close to the treated area. I have been doing some research on sulfur and have found that sulfur may cause new cells that have been exposed to adhere to each other, causing more acne. I think this is why people have more breakouts from the zzcream, at least for me anyway...
There is no reason at all that one would get more spots just because of using the ZZ ointment,
there will be only new spots when there are indeed mites in your pores which you kill...............
this can cause infections like you experience.
If no mites, the ZZ ointment will do nothing, for sure not giving you spots.

You can never treat only just on the spots you have, the ointment will spread to a bigger area just by means of your hands,
pillow while sleeping etc. so it is normal, if you have mites, new spots occur outside the area you treated.

If you search the forum well then you can read many times about this, the key is not to worry and just continuo,
there will come a day it stops.
many people are thankful they did…………………………..

Walter
Walter

Post by Walter »

oooppss, sorry, one more question..lol..If mites are the cause or could be, then can someone tell me how rosacea is hereditary? I mean my father has rosacea, not bad like me, I don't think he even knows it, I know he has it now that I know the symptoms. So if this is the case for me, maybe mites are not the cause and zzcream might not work
Of course rosacea can be hereditary, an easy example is demodex mange with pets.
It all depends on how your immune system reacts towards the mites host specific bacteria
and probably other mites stuff which can trigger your immune system to do something not nice.

Walter
rosaceastinks

Post by rosaceastinks »

Thanks so much Walter for your info! It is so hard, to see my face like this and then I get so confused not knowing if I am doing more damage. I hate this disease so much.

I was reading how sulfur binds to new cells, some derm was listing all these things that were actually bad for skin and sulfur was one of them, but of course he was talking about acne, not rosacea I must point out. I have read on this forum about this cream and I get so scared because I am so afraid that my face is going to go through that bad period with it. I guess I have to go through this to get to the good stage.

Also, does anyone on here have vascular rosacea that uses this cream, if so, how did it work? My eyes and nose swells from this, I mainly flush but like I said I am just starting the p&p's. I have to stay with this and give it a chance. Thanks so much..
rosaceastinks

Post by rosaceastinks »

Walter, annoying me again..lol..back to the clogging of pore questions..I guess I think it clogs my pores because I see the cream filling inside my pores, I guess because of this I am afraid it will clog them because they are filled up. This cream is so thick my face looks like I have white flakes and skin...lol. Thank you again...