flaking?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Robbin Mann

flaking?

Post by Robbin Mann »

Okay, you all know that I haven't even had a chance to start using the zz cream yet, (still waiting for it to get here) but I did use that sulfur soap for about 4-5 days. It seemed to help, I am clearing up but I'm all scaly and flaky??? I stopped using it just because I'm so dried up (not that thats a bad thing), is this the kind of thing I can expect from zz and xmfl? Just curious.
Azfireangel
SteveInAustin

Re: flaking?

Post by SteveInAustin »

Robbin Mann wrote:Okay, you all know that I haven't even had a chance to start using the zz cream yet, (still waiting for it to get here) but I did use that sulfur soap for about 4-5 days. It seemed to help, I am clearing up but I'm all scaly and flaky??? I stopped using it just because I'm so dried up (not that thats a bad thing), is this the kind of thing I can expect from zz and xmfl? Just curious.
ZZ will probably cause dry skin and flaking, yep. But XFML acts like a moisturizer. Use either that or a moisturizer in the morning. When you go on the maintenance dosage (ZZ once every 2-3 days instead of everyday), then you probably won't have the problem anymore.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
the_alphabetman

Post by the_alphabetman »

I had the same problem with the soap. I switched from using the soap twice a day to only once when I take a shower at night. In the morning, I use a 2% salycylic acid face wash and no more skin flakes. Hope this helps.
the_alphabetman

I just realized you were using a different soap. The soap I was talking about is the acarid removing soap sold on the website. I do think my solution should work for you regardless though.
flower

follow the protocol!

Post by flower »

we are getting some far flung theories and treatments on this board that are NOT the demodex protocol.
if you are going to do the protocol.... then do the protocol!
adding in other things(salycilic acid, etc) is going to skew the results you get and then none of the demodex solution users(new and old) can effectively reply to your questions, problems , needs.
i think this is just common sense.
these products work for the majority of the people who use them.
there is no way to make it go any faster or prevent some of the side effects of flaking.(many here recommend scotch tape for this)
so just put your faith here for the time it takes for the products to do their thing, and take it from me(a success story) adding other stuff in at the beginning is not going to be of benefit.
flower
Marla

It works.

Post by Marla »

Yay, verily!

Flower speaks the truth.

Use the products as recommended.
the_alphabetman

Re: It works.

Marla wrote:Yay, verily!

Flower speaks the truth.

Use the products as recommended.
Uhh, yeah, that's great. Except that I haven't found any directions which say "Only apply demodex solutions products to your face." I have been using an SA face wash daily without any ill effect as far as I can tell. And yes, I did use the creams exclusively for about a month.
Marla

Re: It works.

Post by Marla »

. . . Except that I haven't found any directions which say "Only apply demodex solutions products to your face.
The directions for use of the products recommend using no other cosmetic products during treatment.

The directions also say to wash with a neutral soap before applying the product.

If other products work, then why are we here? I am here because no other product or regimen worked -- not in forty years of searching for a remedy -- until I found Demodex Solutions.

I have used it for more than a year. Week-by-week from the beginning, I experienced tremendous success by using the XFML and ZZ. I added the soap to my routine, and experienced further improvement. Then I added the foaming wash. Both soaps worked to keep reinfection away, and I use both all over during bathing. A side benefit was that I did not have to use deodorant under my arms.

Hope you experience success as so many have.