itchy under chin my Z cream journal

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

miteymite

Post by miteymite »

Hello again, I think its been 38 days, Im almost a third of the way there...yea. Well last week I was having a little bit of a break out, I dont know why, maybe all the stress from school and commuting back and forth between classes and home. I noticed my face was more reactive and my nose broke out in little pustules, I would say about 5 or six of em, and then I got 3 or 4 on my face, I also noticed the oil returning to my face, granted not as bad as in the past when I was a walking oil tanker. I was also a little redder than usual, also I started to change my pillow case daily before that I changed it about once every 3 days or so. I also got a couple of pimples, first time Ive seen those in a couple of years. The itching is way down, and I seem to only itch on my cheeks in one spot or another, but nothing like before when the whole cheek was driving me crazy. I dont seem to have any more triggers, and have eaten all sorts of foods, sorry about going off the diet Brady..I just could not find a happy medium with carbs and protein...just kept loosing too much weight and felt like crap cause I was always hungry. I will try again later. I was in the hot sun for a while the other day with no reaction, except for when I was sweating I could smell the acrid soap...kinda stinks, I would also go from the hot sun straight into the AC and in the past that would have started a flush and a breakout..nothing happened My face has come so far since starting the z cream, I am very happy to only be getting a couple of pustules compared to a whole facefull. Oh and that breakout on the back of my neck is going away, I will do the zcream on my neck every weekend untill I have no reaction and they (mites) are all dead. Also I am unde fluorescent lights all day and I dont breakout at all, I do notice my skin gets a little blotchy after about 3 hours though. Good luck to all those who try this product..I wish you the best.

To sum up:

good things:
face very clear still
redness is just a pinkness now
triggers gone (food, stress, exercise)
can go in the sun and straight into the cold with no reaction
flushing diminished substantially

bad things (I think, but not too bad, I can live with em):
oil returning (more than I would like)
a couple of pustules still crop up
I smell when I sweat ( from face I blame that on the acrid soap)
still itch a little
skin still gets a little blotchy from being in class for long periods of time.
Walter

Post by Walter »

bad thins (I think, but not too bad, I can live with em):
oil returning (more than I would like)
a couple of pustules still crop up
I smell when I sweat ( from face I blame that on the acrid soap)
still itch a little
skin still gets a little blotchy from being in class for long periods of time.
It can take more then a year before the last symptoms disappear completely, for example the itch, it is a allergic reaction towards something from the mites, even when all mites are gone, it still takes time for your immune system to stop reacting, dido with redness.

Walter
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

Thanx for the reply walter, and I have said it before "I'm in this for the long haul"...if it takes a year, it takes a year. I have gotten such good improvement from this product that i believe what you say, and will continue my treatment. This is the only thing that has ever worked for me. I cant stress this enough, if you have papular pustular rosacea give this stuff a try before wasting thousands of dollars on IPL, accutane, face lotions and washes, elidell, protopic etc.. and I am not being paid one friggin cent for sayin this..it works, plain and simple..it works! People need to know that it will make you breakout like never before (at least in my case) but after the breakout it will get better trust me it is a slow process but well worth it, I cant tell you how good I feel to be back to a mostly normal condition after 2 years of hell. There will be some set backs but they are minor in comparison to where you have just come from. I hope to continue the healing process...and if this stuff was ever to stop working or did not work at all I would let everyone know...I have been scammed enough and taken advantage of because of my rosacea and the desperate state I was in. I am the guy who spent the thousands of dollars on all those product oh and I left out fluconazole (which I have to say worked wonderfully but at the price of damaging my liver..unacceptable) I have to say though, that the IPL did help my face look better now that I can see the effects because of using the z cream and the swelling,redness and P and P's are gone or markedly reduced, so I guess IPL wasnt that big of a waste after all..crumbs on you ..vanity..crumbs! till later..
Jen

Post by Jen »

Hi MightyMite (cute user name)

Thanks for keeping an on-line journal, it really does help to read others experience.

I have been using the ZZ ointment for almost 6 weeks now and have had horror breakouts, really deep p&p's - I have Rosacea. I thought I was through the worst of it a few days or so ago but BAM up it came again. Sigh! I will persist though as the reports I have read are favourable for the long haul.

On the positive side, through the flaking of skin, my face feels a little smoother. Thank goodness the crazy itching didn't last too long for me. The p&p's certainly don't like the ZZ, even though more keep cropping up. It's kind of weird. Even though I am still getting new break outs, the ones that do come up seem to dry out a little faster. I haven't kept a journal but just as an overall thing, I think that's what's happening. I only use a thin layer on a wet face at night (after washing with the Acarid soap) and use Rose Hip Oil and sometimes Emu Oil in the morning, after washng with the Acarid soap.

Interesting read about the Candida Diet, as I am also trying this. It's Bee Wilder's Candida Diet (on Yahoo). Lots of good support to get through the rough times of the diet there. There are ups and downs through natural healing. If Demodex Mites feed off a suppressed immune system, then no wonder they love me so much! LOL Like it's not bad enough to have Rosacea...then to have Candida on top of that! Urgh!

I also use low level red light therapy (LED), which I read somewhere also helps to get rid of these dreaded little mites.

Anyway, I hope that these three things will help me. Time will tell I suppose.

Good luck with everything and please do keep up-dating.

Jen
sandy

Post by sandy »

The candida could be the underlying cause of your rosacea.
Jen

Post by Jen »

Yes, I've thought about that Sandy. I've also asked several doctors about a possible link between the two but it appears to be in the unknown zone...or as has been suggested by one doctor...the too hard zone! Sometimes it feels like I'm going around in circles with this dreaded Rosacea.

I'm pretty sure that Candida came about from taking antibiotics to control Rosacea. It may have been there before. Did the antibiotics I was taking for Rosacea cause Candida or did Candida cause the Rosacea in the first place, I don't really know? I too believe there is a link between the two, as I have read way too much about it.

Trying the ZZ is my way of figuring out if the mites may be the major cause for my p&p's, along with tackling the Candida through diet. Maybe getting rid of the mites will get rid of the p&p's and getting rid of the Candida will get rid of the redness on my face. I hope so! Time will tell of course.

Jen
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Jen, we've spoken before on another forum - you once said you started the candida diet after I mentioned to you I was doing well on it earlier this yr... well, I started the Z cream after you mentioned you had started on it - it's a small world, and thanks :-)

I know you have been breaking out quite a lot since you've been using the z cream, but dryness of skin aside, I'm having a very good response to it. My skin today is almost totally clear, and the redness is practically gone - it is barely noticeable at all in natural daylight, although it can still be seen a little under artificial lights... getting there though! I hope your symptoms subside soon anyway - and don't forget to slow down on the anti-fungals too, in case that is contributing to your flare ups (I def. learnt that the hard way too!).

ps I started taking antibiotics to get rid of acne when I was younger, but I didnt get the red roascean face until AFTER I'd been taking antibiotics. (also, once my face stared to turn red, the doctor prescribed me azaleic acid and retin a creams, which burnt my skin horribly)... so for some people, probably you and me included, I think candida issues can certainly play a part in rosacea.
Jen

Post by Jen »

Thanks Mikey. I'm glad we have been able to help eachother.

Well, I look forward to the ZZ reducing both p&p's and redness then. Yeay! Then it will be just the spider veins to tackle but at this point in time they are the least of my skin concerns.

Jen
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

Hello all, I think I'm coming up to week 7. OK I ran out of xcream 3 days ago and have been using laroche posay (which I thought would be good for my skin) but I have been getting itchy skin on my cheeks and oil along with some increased flushing and redness...whats up with that. My face is still pretty clear and smooth, but why am I starting to itch again and get red along with the flushing...hmmmmm. If anyone has any ideas please chime in. Other than that its still seems to be keeping the P and P's at bay, I just get maybe a few a week, a few meaning about 5-10, but they go away very quickly so this is a little bit of an increase of P and P's but still manageable...I cant help to wonder if this is because of the laroche posay moisturizer. Other than that still stressed over school and cant wait til this quarter is over. Oh! another thing I have noticed is I am always redder after I eat..gotta be from the increased blood flow to the muscles in my jaw..but still makes me look like crap for a few minutes after I eat.. damn you redness. Thats all I got for now..Demodex hurry up and ship my xcream please...cya
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I wonder if stress is one of your triggers, miteymite? I know whenever I am stressed it causes my eczema to flare. Gives me an excuse to be as laid back and lazy as possible hehe :lol:

Are you going to continue using the laroche posay cream when your xcream arrives?

I keep reading in this forum time and time again that it can take a long time for your mites to be completely under control, so I guess you just have to be patient? 7 weeks on the grand scheme of things isnt a huge amount of time really.

Have not noticed I am red after I eat... maybe it is a reaction to what you eat? Dunno!

Hang in there though! :D
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

Hey mikey, I will hang in there as long as it takes. No on the laroche posay, I will be back on the xcream as soon as I get it. Your probably right on the stress, my doc just gave me a Rx for paxil and told me to relax more thinks Iam under toooooo much pressure...I have to agree. thanx for the reply. As for the eating, it happens when I eat anything vegetables fruits meat all foods, but I see where your going with this.
Later.
Tiffany

Re: A reply

Post by Tiffany »

christine wrote:Hi Mitey Mite!

I understand the intial flare up you are going through. I just finished my first order of demodex solution products and experienced the same thing as you for the first few days. I also experienced itching in my eyelashes, face, neck, and scalp more than i did before. Now, about 2 weeks later, my skin is back to normal; no more bumps, and only the occasional itch. Keep using this stuff and see what happens. Are you still peeling? I felt as though layers of skin were peeling off my face and neck right after my initial breakout. I think it just meant that my skin was healing from all the damage caused by the rosacea/demodex that i experienced over 2 years.

I found that the elidel cream made me peel more, since it has a mild peeling agent in it, and i now use a moisturizer called Impruv. It really does impruv your skin very quickly. And for soap i use the acarid every other day with a cleansing scrub pad that you can buy from a pharmacy for $2. I also found a soap from a health food store which helps with the peeling. It's organic and has lemon in it and a whole bunch of other natural stuff. The lemon is an exfoliator and gently metls away dead skin, revealing healthy skin everytime i use it, and has helped lots with the itch i was experiencing. I think this has also helped me heal faster. I hope this helps you out. It has for me.

All the best,

Christine

hi cristine
Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

hi cristine and mitey mite,
i am new here in the forum. i have spoken to mm about the creams and he has help me a great deal. i have been diagnose with rosacea for the last 2 and a half years. i been on everything under the sun. not to mention doxycyclone and all the other crazy meds and cream that i have bought thanks to my speicialty doctors.

i have been using the x cream for about seven or so weeks. my face looks so beautiful, but i know the bugs are still there and by the masses because i can feel them and the itchy. it is really very depressing. i was told to use the z cream instead because the z cream is the one cream that get rid of the mights not the x cream. so, i ordered my z cream and waiting for the shipment. a littlw worry because of what i am going to lookk like since i work in front of a lot of proffessional folks.. and i work with them side by side. when my face start peeling of i have no idea what they are going to think.
anyway guys what kind of diet is the candida diet is that just eating vegetable and meats. where can i find info about it. i been eating just that all week. i think cristine mention that her facial break out only lasted 9 days or so because she think was do to her candida diet. hey my 12 year old said for me to try the cream so i can be myself again and not so depressed all the time. any advice from you guys. thanks in advance.
Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

cristine is there a name for the organic soap you mentioned that help with the dry patchy skin. thanks
Jen

Post by Jen »

Tiffany wrote:what kind of diet is the candida diet
Hi Tiffany

Here is a link to Bee Wilder's Candida Diet on Yahoo:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/candidasupport/

You do need to join the group to read the posts and files. It can be quite overwhelming at first, as there is a lot of info to read. The support from Bee and other members is great.

Jen