itchy under chin my Z cream journal

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

miteymite

Post by miteymite »

3 week update: Face is getting better by the day, still on same protocol, still dry and skin is still peeling. Havent had any papules for 2 days now, got a compliment yesterday on how smooth my face is, and how my pores are very small. I noticed I still itch at night more so than during the day, and it seems to be around 5-6 O' clock when the itching starts to become more prevalent. Face is still red and gets worse after applying the x cream, but then calms down. If I workout my face gets red I still get a little red after a couple of beers, but the redness dies down very quickly. I dont notice flushing, for no reason, being a problem anymore. I cant believe that a little over a week or so ago my face was covered with papules and pustules and so red it was almost purple, Iam truly amazed. I have tried bradys diet(I have cheated and had a couple of beers though), and had to tweek it to my specifications, Its been a week on it and I think it may be helping with the redness, not sure yet though, gonna give it 30 days. All in all I am very thankful to be getting my skin back I am a true believer in this product and once again if you have papules and pustules please give this stuff a try, you just have to throw out the "treat rosacea skin gently" line, I treated my rosacea skin gently for 2 years and it only made my condition worsen. When i started to treat with the z cream it went against all I have learned about rosacea, but it was the only thing that started the healing process and its the only thing that actually worked, aside from the liver killing drugs i tried (fluconazole,acutane, clarith., doxy etc....) well thank you to DS and thank you prof. Zhao.
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

day 23: Face seems to be evening out, not getting worse, but not getting better, had 2 pustules today. Face still smooth, still have redness and blotchiness, more so after the x cream. Noticed alot of blackheads on my nose that dont seem to want to come out. face is very dry and still peeling, itching is starting to go down. almost to the 1 month mark, 3 more to go, I would say face is still about 95% clear other 5% seems to be around my neck area. I noticed I can sit in front of a computer screen for quite a while without breaking out or flushing, and the oiliness of my face is way down, except for my nose, it still seems to be oily at the end of the day, i would say the oil has cleared about 90% for the face and 70% for the nose. I noticed workouts dont bring about breakouts anymore but I still seem to flush during the first few reps of a set, then it evens out. I do a set of reps, then I sit in front of an AC unit, I try not to use a towel to wipe the sweat. I'm ecstatic that I can workout again without paying the price. I also dont seem to flush when put on the spot, and my eyes dont water as much, they are starting to become white again. My nose still sometimes runs (post nasal drip) for no apparent reason. Sometimes my face feel like it wants to breakout, it gets that tight feeling and feels kind of crawly, but nothing becomes of it, I think I still have a ways to go, but am very happy with the results thus far. I always said if I could just get rid of the P and P's I could live with the redness, which it looks like I will have to do.
sandy

Post by sandy »

I always said if I could just get rid of the P and P's I could live with the redness, which it looks like I will have to do.
Dont speak too soon MM! It is highly likely that in time your redness will disappear too, mine did.
sandy

Post by sandy »

my eyes dont water as much, they are starting to become white again
Hey MM, were the whites of your eyes red? or just the eyelids?
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

Hi Sandy, I hope this redness goes away, I think alot of it is the use of the xcream. I noticed the other night I was too lazy to use the zcream, and I went to bed , I woke up the next morning and showered, and did not put on the xcream, I was much less red than usual. Yes it was my eye balls and not the lids that were red, it seems they are getting better and they hardly water anymore.

1 month update: Well its been a month, I cant believe it, when I was going through the breakout it seemed as if time stood still. Classes resume today and I am happy to go back with a clear face, although peeling like a lizard. Not really too much has changed, still clear, still a little red and blotchy, still peeling, I get maybe a pustule every couple of days but it goes away the next day, itching has gone way down, face texture still smooth. I tell alot of people about this product, some people I can see they think I'm full of crap, and others seem to listen and actually are interested, I would say 30 percent believe, and 70% think BS. I dont blame the 70% cause I used to be one of em. Oh well live and learn. but it cost me an awful lot to learn...ouch. Not really to much more to report. See you later.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Hi MM!

It's good to read your progress over the last few of weeks - I've been using the cream for 3 days now and am experiencing the redness and peeling that you and others also have. I have so far used the cream morning and night, but it will be night time only from now on to try and calm things down a little.

Over the last three days, areas of my scalp have felt like there's something crawling on it - as if the mites are trying to migrate away from my face. I've never experienced this before. I think I might invest in some of the shampoo...

I've tried so many different things over the last 2 yrs to try and eliminate my acne, from antibiotics to laser treatment to diet to herbal creams... everything except anti-demodex products, as they were so often frowned upon on so many forums. I have 2 dogs and 2 cats... if demodex is not the cause of my skin problems, I will eat my hat! :D

ps this forum is too quiet! :shock:
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

hi Mikey
Yep your right this forum is way to quiet, The first few days posted I think I heard crickets chirpping. Anyways, I'm glad that you like my posts, I hope it helps people see that this stuff works, now I dont have acne, I have rosacea but we have alot of the same symptoms except I cant go in the sun without breaking out, flushing and so on. When I first started to use the zcream I had the same crawly feeling, and thought the mite were migrating to my chin and neck, so your not alone on this theory. Man I really hope you dont have to go through the breakout stage, thats one tough sombitch, I, luckily, could hide for the 2-3 weeks it took for my breakout to pass. I also have 2 dogs and one of my dogs used to get hot spot where he would itch the hair right off his skin.. doc says it was nervousness..I say it was mites. I really hope this stuff works for your acne, from what I have been reading that is a mixed bag, and people have very different results...so good luck.

Day 32: Hello everyone...I have been in school all week and start all courses monday 15 credits...yuck! So this will deffinately test the flushing, stress and fluorescent light parts of rosacea, although I had to do a presentation in front of the class wed. I did flush but it went away very quickly, right after I finished talking. It will also test the cold weather into hot climate (classroom) part of my rosacea too...I think this is the aspect I hate the most cause it really burns and then I can feel my face breaking out. I have noticed my skin starting to even out and oil is returning to my nose, but not as bad. My skin is peeling a little bit less and my face still seems to be smooth. I have had a few more pustules lately than I have had in recent times...I want to chalk that up to stress. One bad thing..I had some itching on the back of my neck and I put zcream on the spots...the next morning the whole back of my neck was broken out and itching like crazy...does this mean i have them on the back of my neck also...how the hell am I supposed to fight this battle on so many fronts...damn bugs... its seems like I need a body dip in zcream...maybe not :oops: . Still trying the diet..cant really tell if its working or not, cant hurt to eat healthier anyways. I noticed the itching has gone down substantially, except on the back of my neck and sometimes on the front of my neck just below my ears. Thinking about getting the shampoo or using kwellada...I dunno, I have got to get rid of them out of my hair. I am still using the xcream also, I think I may try just using a nice moisturizer instead this week, Im just scared of adding anything new to the mix and having a bad reaction, I have noticed my face becoming much more resilient..I guess time will tell. Well thats all I got , talk to you later.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Hi MM. I am having very positive results with the Z cream so far - my face is clear within only 9 days of use. I am keeping my fingers crossed thsi lasts, but of course understand it might not. I am posting updates in my own thread so as not to hijack yours: http://www.demodexsolutions.com/phpbb2/ ... .php?t=545

I have had rosacea in the sense of some degree of permanent redness, flushing and blushing frequently and deeply, and P&Ps, but I overcame most of this through diet over the last yr or so, and by using coconut oil as my primary moisturiser. It also worked to greatly diminish my acne and eczema, but never totally cleared them up to the extent I hoped - which is how I found myself here trying the z cream. And, in conjunction with my healthy eating, it is most definitely doing the job!
sandy

Post by sandy »

Mikey, I am interested to hear more about your dietry changes?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Hi Sandy.

Last November, I was feeling very unwell overall - tired, sluggish, problems sleeping, always stressed and anxious - all in addition to my skin problems (ezcema, acne, permanent redness). So I went to see a nutritionist and she thought a candida diet would be highly beneficial for me. It was tough - I had to eliminate all processed foods, all sugar, yeast, grains, dairy, alcohol, caffeine, the only things I ate on the diet were meat, vegetables and eggs. I did that until July (so a total of 8.5 months) - though I saw huge improvements in all my symptoms, including my acne, eczema and redness, it never totally cleared them up and I admit I got tired of living such a resticted lifestyle. So from July onwards, I relaxed things quite a bit - I follow a low GI, low carb diet. I still avoid processed foods, but no longer exclude things like grains, caffeine or alcohol, and allow myself to have them in moderation, now and again though, not all the time. I feel great! I think this is a factor in why I'm experiencing good results so soon with the z cream.
sandy

Post by sandy »

VERY interesting Mikey! I did quite a bit of research regarding diet and demodex, and came up with the same conclusion as your nutritionist. You have to go on a candida diet for at least 4 months, and then, you can relax it, like you have. Well done for staying on it so long! that must have taken some serious will power. I am guessing that you have also lost weight?? Another thing that is supposed to help fight candida is a suppliment called Candex, which is meant to break down candida in the body.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

It was very hard initially, because I was like "what on earth am i going to eat??". Then once I got into it and found a routine, I quite enjoyed it, especially as the stricter I was, the more improvements I saw. Then I reached a point where I started to rebel, as I felt food was taking over my life. It was always my intention to stop being so strict by July anyway, as I was going on holiday and wanted to really relax and enjoy myself and not worry about food/drink, plus it was my birthday in August and I wanted to have a big party to make up for last yr, when I didn't celebrate because my face was too red and blemished! :roll:

I did lose a bit of weight initially, but I stopped that by increasing the amount of good fats in my diet. I'll never know whether candida truly was part of my problem, but they say that demodex thrive on a diminished immune system, and I took so many antibiotics for acne in my early 20s (I feel like I was on a downward spiral ever since then really - I'm 33 now), it could easily be the case. Anyways, the main thing is I learnt how important it is to eat healthily, not just to avoid triggers, but to give your body the nutrients it needs to run efficiently and promote self healing :D

And that's why i ended up trying the Z cream - because I felt I was doing absolutely everything right, yet was still not 100% clear. There had to be an outside factor... and demodex was the one thing I had not explored.
sandy

Post by sandy »

Well Mikey, I'm pretty sure you'll get the results you're hoping for :D
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

Hello again, I think its been 38 days, Im almost a third of the way there...yea. Well last week I was having a little bit of a break out, I dont know why, maybe all the stress from school and commuting back and forth between classes and home. I noticed my face was more reactive and my nose broke out in little pustules, I would say about 5 or six of em, and then I got 3 or 4 on my face, I also noticed the oil returning to my face, granted not as bad as in the past when I was a walking oil tanker. I was also a little redder than usual, also I started to change my pillow case daily before that I changed it about once every 3 days or so. I also got a couple of pimples, first time Ive seen those in a couple of years. The itching is way down, and I seem to only itch on my cheeks in one spot or another, but nothing like before when the whole cheek was driving me crazy. I dont seem to have any more triggers, and have eaten all sorts of foods, sorry about going off the diet Brady..I just could not find a happy medium with carbs and protein...just kept loosing too much weight and felt like crap cause I was always hungry. I will try again later. I was in the hot sun for a while the other day with no reaction, except for when I was sweating I could smell the acrid soap...kinda stinks, I would also go from the hot sun straight into the AC and in the past that would have started a flush and a breakout..nothing happened My face has come so far since starting the z cream, I am very happy to only be getting a couple of pustules compared to a whole facefull. Oh and that breakout on the back of my neck is going away, I will do the zcream on my neck every weekend untill I have no reaction and they (mites) are all dead. Also I am unde fluorescent lights all day and I dont breakout at all, I do notice my skin gets a little blotchy after about 3 hours though. Good luck to all those who try this product..I wish you the best.

To sum up:

good things:
face very clear still
redness is just a pinkness now
triggers gone (food, stress, exercise)
can go in the sun and straight into the cold with no reaction
flushing diminished substantially

bad things (I think, but not too bad, I can live with em):
oil returning (more than I would like)
a couple of pustules still crop up
I smell when I sweat ( from face I blame that on the acrid soap)
still itch a little
skin still gets a little blotchy from being in class for long periods of time.
Walter

Post by Walter »

bad thins (I think, but not too bad, I can live with em):
oil returning (more than I would like)
a couple of pustules still crop up
I smell when I sweat ( from face I blame that on the acrid soap)
still itch a little
skin still gets a little blotchy from being in class for long periods of time.
It can take more then a year before the last symptoms disappear completely, for example the itch, it is a allergic reaction towards something from the mites, even when all mites are gone, it still takes time for your immune system to stop reacting, dido with redness.

Walter