itchy under chin my Z cream journal

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

christine

Post by christine »

I understand your frustration with your skin right now. It's so hard to not let this consume you. I had days where i'd cry all day long because of it. But honestly, these products worked the best out of everything i have tried. 4 days seems like a lot when you're going through something like this but with time i hope you'll get better. The worst part of it didn't last too long for me, but everyone is different.

I think that the diet my naturopath put me on may have helped quite a bit as well. No wheat, tomatoes (they are supposedly inflamatory foods and can aggrevate skin problems), sugar, or pork. I also drink lots of water with freshly squeezed lemon all day long. The lemon and water thing also makes me feel cleaner, cuz (i'm not sure about you) when i'd breakout i'd feel dirty even though i may have showered 5 times in a day.

Anyhow, as for your new batallion of pustules, keep your fingers crossed and hope that this may be their last fight. They say with meds of this sort that it always has to get worse before it gets better.
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

OK day 11.......I think I may have just pushed myself a step backwards. Since day 1 using the z cream I had not moisturized...WOW! big mistake. I awoke this morning with a red painful inflammed face with lots of bumps (even in the places ,I thought, were clearing) that hurt to wash, I knew something was wrong when I got "The look" from the wife and kids. I recieved my x cream 2 days ago but was apprehensive about using it, I had no choice this morning, I applied the x cream after a shower and it actually feels pretty soothing. I must mention that I went out for quite a few beers last night along with hot and sour soup, and to top it off some lazagna, it was the last game of the pre-season for football and the Seahawks were playing the Raiders which is a huge rivalry in Seattle... I really have to learn some self control when the regular season starts : ) I think this may have also contributed to my step back. I noticed when I put the xcream on, my face stopped itching as bad....hmmmm maybe there's something to this whole moisturizing thing.....DUH! OK so new schedule z-cream at night (lightly) x cream during the day...just like the instructions say (sorry just being male, its a genetic thing to read intructions and not abide by them) My question to the forum is should I continue with the treatment or give it a few days off so my red, angry, pissed off, sore, lumpy, bumpy face can rest and moisturize or shall I continue with the treatment?
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

Day 12: Last night I just put on x cream, I thought about using zcream but just couldnt do it, I played it safe and I'm glad I did. I awoke this morning to find my face had calmed way down, it is still bumpy, but the redness was a pink and the skin seemed much more flat. The areas I lost to bumps and lumps yesterday were back looking pretty good under that layer of dead skin. I will again use the xcream today and if my face feels up to it the zcream tonight. I think Iam starting to make progress, then again I have said that before. This dead skin is insane, it just keeps peeling and peeling, is there no end. The itching was way down and the inflammation was also much less than yesterday. I hope i'm coming over the hump and out of this horrid breakout, I mean I knew it was going to be bad, but looking like you have some sort of skin disease ie..measels, chicken pox, leprosy is a bit much. Well till tomorrow, and I hope I will have good news. I can see quite a few people following this thread, I will continue till the end of the 120 days.
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

As a side note, I applied the zcream on the inside of my arm up by the armpit for several days, to make sure I was not having an allergic reaction, I had no reaction at all, so I'm thinking this is the mass mite die off and not an allergic reaction. Iam really liking that x cream although it smell kinda nasty. I also did not notice any new pustule crops coming in, I also went into the sun this morning and did not notice the usual burning i have experienced in the past, I hope doing this z cream cycle will allow me to be able to go back in the sun, It would be worth it just for that, man I miss the sun. Well today will be a good test as it will be 90F. Stay tuned. So far I have a picture for every day, at the end I may post those as well. I know there are several people trying the z cream, I hope good results will follow all.
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

Day 13: I have to say that my face is doing about 70% better, I think I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel of this breakout period and am starting to heal. I woke up this morning with less redness and much smoother skin, the bumps and lumps are starting to recede, and I think I counted only 6 new pustules, as opposed to before when there were so many I couldnt even count them all. I must say Iam still in disbelief that this stuff is working, but, again, I dont want to jinx it. I may actually be able to leave my house today. Itching is way down and relegated to the sides of my face and parts of my forhead. my current schedule is light application of z cream at night and x cream in the morning I wash and shave with the acrid soap. My flushing is way down even in 90F heat and my face is actually starting to feel better. Not too much more to mention. I hope this is a trend that will continue.
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

2 week update: Man I have come along way, this morning I woke up and actually felt good, the itching had reduced considerably and was relegated to the jaw line and eyelashes and a little between the eyes. My skin is still becoming smoother by the day, redness is still hanging around and Im still a bit blotchy, dont get me wrong I still look like crap but I'm miles from where I was. I went out yesterday after being in the house since the soccer practice fiascoe last week. I think I may start to go out every day now. I mowed the lawn in the sun yesterday without a problem, it was about 86F, granted it was late afternoon sun, but nonetheless still in the sun, It took me about 1 1/2 hour to mow it and when I finished my face felt pretty good. I am really beginning to believe in this product, I have past by it so many times on the net, I cant believe it was this simple. I think someone on the RS group pointed out that if a couple of people get bad results from a product or a certain dr. downs a product or theory it sways the thinking of a vast majority...in my case this was true, I must have read somewhere that a person(s) may have broken out from this product thus it didnt work... Well it took me 2 years to figure out I was wrong. I Dont want to get people twisted though there is a breakout and and it is brutal, to the point were depression is emminent, but there is an ending and it only takes perseverance, determination and the will to be rid of this condition. Good luck to all who try this treatment. I still believe that rosacea has so many different components to it and some only have a mite problem while others have a vascular problem, while some have both and some may have acne included and then combination of acne, vascular, and mites and so on. If I post pictures it will be at the RS. This was my speech and awareness post...Im sure, right now, you are all saying "Lucky us."
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

One more sidenote to today, i have been applying the z cream after I wash with the acrid soap and not drying my face I just apply the cream to a wet face and try not to let it run into my eyes, sometimes I use a blow dryer to dry it quicker. I think blbase gave me the recommendation, at any rate it works well, oh and only counted 3 papules today, I still have along way to go, I think someone mentioned that the maintenance stage starts 1.5-2 months after full clearance, does anyone know if i need to be using the x cream untill I reach the maintenance stage? Boy DS is really tight with that x cream I opened the jar and there was like a table spoon of that stuff in there.
di

Post by di »

miteymite,
Have you been using the tinted Linda Sy Zinc-o? Was it of help?
I want to order it tonight and I just wanted an opinion from someone who is using it.
Thank you,
Diana
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

Hi Diana
Yes I was using it, but someone said not to add too many chemicals to the mix, so I havent used it for a week or so. In general though, I like it, it covers the redness nicely and you can be in the sun for hours and it provides a good shield keeping out the suns harmful rays. I have used it during a round of golf, and kept surprisingly calm (before the DS). As with most rosacea products though it may work for some and not others. It blends nicely and dries quickly to give good uniform color, not too bad IMO.
di

Post by di »

miteymite,
I want to order the tinted Linda Sy Zinc-o and I just need some opinion about this cream from someone who is using it. How is this cream? Is it compatible with your rosacea skin? (I also have rosacea). Have you tolerated it well? did it irritate your skin? Did you try the tinted version of the cream?
Thank you,
Diana
di

Post by di »

Disregard my last post, please. My first post didn't appear, so I thought I will post it again. After I posted it again, I saw it was there.
Thanks for your answer. I think I'll try the cream.
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

Alright day 15....All I can really say is if you have P and P's, you've got to try this stuff, I am now a full believer of the demodex theory not even a theory, its a fact. Today I woke up with the smoothest skin I have had in 2 years, the redness is still there but getting better. I counted a couple of pustules on my chin and my face is still itching but, again, getting better the oil production has been cut to about a tenth of what it was, I used to have a full sheen of oil by the end of the day, that is now gone. I just cant reitterate enough that the breakout period is hell....but I'm glad I went through it to get to where i am now. I dont think I will need to post daily anymore and will got to a weekly posting. I just cant believe all the money I wasted on all of the other treatments, how sad, couldve put a nice down on a new truck. For all who want too see all that I have tried I post over at the RS as lobster222222. Just 3 weeks ago I thought fluconazole was the bees knees....glad that trend didnt last, I figured I needed my liver and had to find something else. I'm glad Simon posted over there...so I want to thank him for doing so and by this, put a fire under my ass to try the Z cream. I feel like my face is coming back to me. I will post every monday. I wont post pictures, but if you want to see my results i will send them to you, just pm me with your e-mail address.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Thanks for your updates,
you will get there but it isn’t a smooth ride,
eliminating demodex mites can cause a lot of side effects the first months,
not always though, it depends from person to person but probably
you will more setbacks and disappointments but just hang on and you will be later the most happy person in the world.

Walter
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

Hey Walter, thanx for your post, I truly hope that what I have just gone through will not happen again, it was probably the worst and most embarassing time I have ever had with my face. It started at day 1 and just kept getting worse, just when I though my face couldnt revolt anymore against me, the next day it would be like SURPRISE! and be ten times worse from the previous day. At day 14 it finally started to calm and i could actually go out without all the crookeye looks. Today is day 16 and Iam very excited that my face is so smooth, I counted 1 pustule, the redness is starting to subside flushing is almost gone and the oil is almost nonexistent, and my triggers are null and void, yesterday was open house for school, we all stood outside in the sun in 85F heat for about an hour and a half, my face got hot, but nothing became of it. Oh yea and I ate about 20 krispy kream doughnut holes with no backlash. I think tonight I will eat a huge spinach salad with extra tomatoes to really try this whole triggers thing out. I can say that this is the best thing I have ever tried, I know I still have a long way to go (at least 3 and a half months) but if these results remain or even get better, your right I will be the happiest guy in the world.
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

Day 19: I got up early today because it is the first soccer game of the season for the kids. I have been using z cream lightly at night, and the xcream during the day, DS really needs to sell that stuff (xcream)in larger containers, Iam going through it like crazy trying to keep the dead skin from showing on my face. Someone suggested using a washcloth to gently exfoliate some of it off, but the dead skin still shows up, no matter what I try, any suggestions, can I try another lotion along with the xcream? Anyways my face is extremely smooth and my pores are very small, I would say I have obtained 95% clearance, I may get 1 pustule a day showing up, skin is very dry and flakes quite a bit, flushing is way down, and triggers seem to be gone, well from foods at least. I noticed the redness has stuck around, and it comes and goes, like when I first apply the xcream after a shower, my face is bright red, then calms down, but over all color (after the redness goes) seems to be returning to normal. I was outside for soccer practice last night and it started to get cold, I noticed my face got red, but went away quickly. My face still itches, and itches alot more at night, I cant wait for the itching to stop, its driving me crazy. I have been applying the zcream to parts of my neck and my ears, I noticed I'm starting to get a small breakout on the back of my neck in my hairline, so I think i may start applying z cream to the back of my neck also. Not much else happening, i continue to heal and hope for a complete cure(and I use this word loosely) of this condition, I feel so much better to be off all the meds as my body enjoys a much needed rest after 2 years. I think I mention in every post that I cant believe this stuff works, very glad I tried it.