Sulphur soap and itching?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Robbin Mann

Sulphur soap and itching?

Post by Robbin Mann »

While waiting for my zz to arrive I have been using a soap that I picked up at my local health food store that is marketed for acne. The soap has sulphur in it. The first two days nothing interesting happened, however this morning I woke up with my face significantly flushed! Aside from that I have been itching like the dickens!! I also have quite a few more pimples all of a sudden and they look mad!! What's even more weird is that I am itching behind my ears! I didn't wash behind my ears with the soap though. Does anyone have any thoughts on how or why this might be happening? Did I piss of the bugs? Or is this a reaction to the sulphur? If so, it's not so bad that I can't handle it (yet, anyway). So should I continue to use it or should I stop? Do you think I will have the same reaction to the zz soap since it has sulphur too? Thanks guys.
Azfireangel
SteveInAustin

Re: Sulphur soap and itching?

Post by SteveInAustin »

Robbin Mann wrote:While waiting for my zz to arrive I have been using a soap that I picked up at my local health food store that is marketed for acne. The soap has sulphur in it. The first two days nothing interesting happened, however this morning I woke up with my face significantly flushed! Aside from that I have been itching like the dickens!! I also have quite a few more pimples all of a sudden and they look mad!! What's even more weird is that I am itching behind my ears! I didn't wash behind my ears with the soap though. Does anyone have any thoughts on how or why this might be happening? Did I piss of the bugs? Or is this a reaction to the sulphur? If so, it's not so bad that I can't handle it (yet, anyway). So should I continue to use it or should I stop? Do you think I will have the same reaction to the zz soap since it has sulphur too? Thanks guys.
Two things: 1) It's possible it's killing demodex mites, and getting more acne is a sign that this is happening. 2) The fact that you had a flushed face reaction (turning your face red) could be an indication that you're allergic to sulphur. Or at least the form of sulphur this product has in it. Or possibly another ingredient in the soap. You might want to use the sulphur soap and then follow it up with rinsing with warm water and using a regular soap right after that. The regular soap will wash out the sulphur that didn't make its way into your pores, and that can help with your facial flushing and irritation. As for what's going on with your itchy scalp, it's possible you're just noticing the itchiness more now, but maybe the itchiness isn't as bad as it has ever been. Either that or it caused an allergic reaction that made its way all the way through your scalp.

The Acarid soap is different. I don't think it uses sulphur. I could be wrong. If it does, I can't even smell it.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
Phil The Pill

Post by Phil The Pill »

no sulphur in the acarid soap :D
nancy

Post by nancy »

I notice the acarid soap drys my skin, when I look in the mirror 3x my skin is actually lightly peeling.
Robbin Mann

Sulphur and Itchin

Post by Robbin Mann »

I thought I was going to go crazy yesterday! My face itched so bad it was almost unbearable. :x Then about mid day I looked at my face in the mirror and I had twice as many red bumps than I had in the morning. Not only that but I looked just like I had run the mile! I don't have the flushing :oops: problem all that often, usually it's just post/papules. Anyhow, I didn't give up, I took the chance and washed with the soap again in the evening. It's just my theory but I believe that applying the soap caused the little critters to get mad and they became overly active. I think this caused my skin to flush because as far as the body is concerned there are foreign bodies all over the skin. I really believe this is the immune system acting up in response.
I don't know what gives but last night when I went to bed I had the weirdest feeling of calm. It was as if my face was smiling. I know it sounds crazy! Well I woke up this morning and darned if my face doesn't look better somehow. The areas of my skin that don't have abrasions on them almost look smoother and the pores seem to look smaller. (am I imagining? I don't think so, even my kids told me this morning, Mommy that stuff is helping your face look better) The places where I do have red bumps they look flaky, like they are drying up. I'm so excited! I can't wait till the zz gets here. The only thing I don't like is I have this shine to my face now. Almost as if my face was oily but it's not. I wonder if the drying is a problem. Still I don't want to moisturize because I read yesterday that the little buggers love it when you provide a nice moist/oily place for them in your pores.
Azfireangel
norman jones

Post by norman jones »

Hi Robin
there is very little mystery to whether you may or may not have the demodex mite which may be the cause of your problem.

you can go to your doctor and ask that he take a skin scraping sample and then have the lab analyze it. it is simple. either you have it or you don't.

if you do a metronidzole gel can be prescribed concurrent with a precription with metronidzole pills. the pills are the systemic treatment and it is effective at eliminating the problem.

stop suffering and wondering and go see your doctor. also avoid any sulfer product on your face as it will dry and irritate your already damaged shin to extremes compounding the problem. the demodex mites feed on the sebaceous glands oils and as a result dry your skin. that is why you may see flaking and dead skin on your face.

systemic along with external metronidzole will work.
Robbin Mann

Skin test

Post by Robbin Mann »

Is it possible to have rosacea without having Demodex mites? I have called my doctor to see if he can prescribe something for me to help from the inside but I didn't know if there was anything out there or not. He's probably going to think I'm a nut job! He never got back to me, so he's probably looking up the number of a good shrink!
Does sulphur kill the mite? Or is it just the metronidzole? I'm hoping that the zz cream will get here tomorrow. How long does it normally take? It's weird one of my little spots on my face has turned into an almost cystic or welt like thing. It's so strange, I don't usually have that kind of thing. I thought using sulphur and drying out the skin was what helped kill the mites, since they are said not to like a dry environment????
Azfireangel
Walter

Post by Walter »

There is no need to do sent a sample to a lab and pay money for nothing, a doctor who knows can do a demodex mite test
in a couple of minutes himself, doing a mite test is so simple, everybody can do it, only need a microscope and read our instructions how to do,
of course, one needs to learn to recognize this mites, once you found one it is easy.
I don't agree with you a metronidzole gel will do the job, those products only contain 1% of metronidazole and that's is not strong
enough to eliminate the mites, don't forget our Fumanling cream contains 3% besides this, other herbs which makes it a total different
product then for example metrogel.
Also, I would encourage nobody to take oral metronidazole if not necessary and I am even not sure it will do something against the mites,
I never heard about any success doing this.
Dry skin becomes not because the mites feed on the sebaceous glands, on the contrary, if you have a problem with demodex mites
most of the time the skin becomes more oily but can be odd enough, at the same time also dry, this is because an allergic reaction and is many
times the start of rosacea.
If the dry skin is not because of an allergic reaction from the product then most of the time the dryness goes away
after the skin becomes healed and more strong, dry skin in the beginning is not necessarily I sign from reaction on the product.
It would be better that Robin stops using this soap and wait till his ointment arrives and don't use anything else at the same time.
Does sulphur kill the mite? Or is it just the metronidzole? I'm hoping that the zz cream will get here tomorrow. How long does it normally take? It's weird one of my little spots on my face has turned into an almost cystic or welt like thing. It's so strange, I don't usually have that kind of thing. I thought using sulphur and drying out the skin was what helped kill the mites, since they are said not to like a dry environment????
Sulfur can indeed kill mites as well as metronidazole does but on there own they are not strong enough
to eliminate the mites, it is possible you killed some mites using your soap and because of this getting
those cysts because when they die in your skin they create infections, also with using our products
there is a possibility you get breakouts but the difference is that our products also have a good antibacterial
function which helps the breakouts to be more mild and you are sure you can eliminate the mites,
not only killing some.
Even you skin is dry on the outside, for sure not inside your hair follicles or sebaceous glands, dying in a dry environment means away from the host in a real dry environment.

Walter
Marla

Not Once Did I Suspect Demodex Until . . .

Post by Marla »

In all my years in the field of medicine, not once did I suspect that my acne was caused by a microscopic relative of the spider family (which also includes scorpions by the way.)

None of my colleagues suspected that I might be infested with mites. None of the tests I performed in the laboratory revealed the cause of my acne. The prevailing assumptions were trite. Chocolate, age, heredity, hair touching my face, I don't wash well enough, I wash too much, I don't wash correctly. You know? French fries and such.

More than thirty years later, I found Walter's site.

I took my retired microscope out from underneath my cabinet and cleaned it up.

I followed the test instructions on Walter's web site.

It was immediately and dramatically apparent that I was suffering from demodicosis. I had both folliculorum and brevis. The brevis was -- as I anticipated -- way out of control. I suspected the brevis because of the deep painful persistent cysts and pustules.

I performed the test over and over again daily, and sometimes many times per day until about four months of treatment with Demodex Solutions' products passed. Then I reduced my testing to infrequently and finally quit testing because the answer to my problems was clearly a Demodex sp. infestation.

These products work if you work to apply them as directed without fail.

Half of the answer to acne problems is in the Demodex Solutions' jar; the other half of the answer is the user. The answer to healing acne can sit in the jar, but if the problem is the user, then the problem remains.
norman jones

Post by norman jones »

why is the medical community so ignorant when it comes to demodex? it would seem that with any suspicious acne break outs or suspected rosacea in non adolescents ( all cases would be best)the first line of defense would be to do a skin scraping to rule out demodex as it is apparently quite common and not that rare at all as they putport.

instead theyply you with expensive acne prescritions etc that don't eliminate the problem or tell you you have rosacea.

can the medical community really be that ignorant or would the real cause and cure of acne and rosacea effect the pharmeceutical companies profits? i just find it hard to believe that in the days where we have billions spent on various forms of medical research that a skin scrape and 40x microscope would present such diagnostic difficulties.

i have searched the internet for demodex and find almost next to nothing on the subject. when i do it has a link address to rocasea. now you don't have to a genius or have a doctors IQ to see that a connection exists, yet doctors just don't get it.

i have been on numerous types and doses of penicilin for the past 2 years on and off. Getting very frustrated to say the least. I suspected a parasite after the most recent severe out breaks. my face had what looked to me like spider bites. Dotors have been totally puzzled. they took swabs of the putules and nothing was discovered. then a young bright doctor thought it may be a follicular mite and took a skin scraping.

he phoned me the next day excited telling me i have a very rare condition...demodex brevis.