undeniable observations : 20 months and not cured

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

pears103

steveinaustiin

Post by pears103 »

I just don't think everyone's body changes as you say. I feel some people do have triggers which they've never come into contact with that their body simply can't handle which causes their immune systems to weaken extensively allowing these mites a more manageable ground to breed and multiply. You can't expect anyone to believe the theory that everyone's body changes and this is the only reason people get more acne and other diseases and things.
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

crzyakta wrote:steve, if you get a chance come over to regrowth.com 's messageboards, ALOT about demodex is going on there, also read the link to the mann patent i posted, not sure if you suffer from hairloss or not, but this is VERY interesting to say the least

also on a side note, i have a feeling that the amount of DHT receptors (and their senstivity) on certain tissues determine the amount of 'food' the mites will have to feed on
No hair loss for me as of yet. I'm 33, so I'm still young. But my brother has some hair loss that started in his mid-20's I think.

Yeah, no question about it. I do think that DHT might play a big role with much if not most of our acne issues. I've already looked into that issue. Trouble is, you'd like to see an endocrinologist, but those people I've heard can't really tell you what level of DHT is "normal" for you since it varies from individual to individual. And even if they found out that you're producing too much / too little, there's little they can do to change that. Then when you talk about "sensitivity" to DHT, we're not really talking about the DHT itself but rather other structures and processes which exist in the body. So simply decreasing it, while it might help your acne, might cause problems for the rest of your body such as cancer. It's very complicated. And to date, I don't think that avenue of acne study has amounted to anything useful. I'll keep checking PubMed's database every now and then to see if anything new has come up on that subject.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
SteveInAustin

Re: steveinaustiin

Post by SteveInAustin »

pears103 wrote:I just don't think everyone's body changes as you say. I feel some people do have triggers which they've never come into contact with that their body simply can't handle which causes their immune systems to weaken extensively allowing these mites a more manageable ground to breed and multiply. You can't expect anyone to believe the theory that everyone's body changes and this is the only reason people get more acne and other diseases and things.
Well here's the most important observation: Only a small percentage of people get adult acne. What's the cause? It can't be toxins. It can't be diet. It can't be environment. Why? Because everyone else on earth is exposed to the exact same toxins, diet, and environment. Therefore, the only difference between someone who gets acne and someone who does not is their DNA. Something about their body causes them to be susceptible to acne.

Now, combine that observation with the observation that most people who have acne now at one point in their lives didn't have acne. So what changed? Their diet is the same, for the most part. Their environment is the same. Perhaps you could say they encountered some toxins, but again everyone who doesn't get acne also encounters those same toxins. Therefore, the only explanation that I can come up with to explain all of the facts and observations is that the person's body does indeed change in some way making them susceptible to acne. What is that change? I don't know. But I'm fairly certain it's rooted in our DNA.

Yes, perhaps there is a trigger as you say. I'm not ruling that out. But I am saying that it's only a trigger for people who are genetically susceptible to it. And after that trigger, their body does indeed change. It could turn out that the trigger is just age. That is to say that your body changes over time. Our cells have internal clocks keeping track of our ages, and it's very possible that our acne comes due to a change in gene expression brought on by an internal biological alarm clock going off. And that would explain a whole lot. I think that's the most likely explanation for a trigger.

I won't rule out an external trigger, because I don't have conclusive proof either way. But I will say that if it was an external trigger (something outside of the body in the environment or in our food), then I would expect that people who got acne would get it at all different ages. But that's not what we see in reality. What we see is that people get acne during puberty, and for a small percentage of people, it never goes away. That to me means it's probably something internal, not environmental. But I could be wrong.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
JS

Post by JS »

Here is an update in a nutshell on my ongoing condition since last vanishing from this forum:

I finished off what I had remaining from DS treatments and haven't bought more since. The simple fact is

that I used them all for a very long time, still had acne and even still tested positive for skin mites. Money

was too tight, I simply could not afford to keep going on DS treatments while my family became more poor

because of it.

I've used a lot of sea buckthorn and a lot of neem. Each one does the same and my face responds the

same way to them as they always did to DS treatments... terrible initial breakouts followed by unrelentless

waves of bad breakout with very few positive signs of clearing up in between them all. I've also used sea

buckthron, neem, and tea-tree for washing my scalp... and interestingly enough everything respons with

those the same way they always did when using DS-shampoo,...which is that itchiness and bad breakouts

were dispersed down from my scalp onto my face.... repeatedly anything used on my scalp that kills mites

causes peculiar patterns and trails of acne traveling down from the scalp to my face... sometimes down

the forehead and very often down from ear & sideburn areas around to cheek mout and chin areas.

The last interesting thing to note is that my last most terrible breakout was right after sleeping with my

cat on the couch for several days upon his return from a stay at the vets. I love my cat but I've definitely

sees a tendancy for hanging around and laying down with him triggering breakouts that come shortly after

(again this is another thing that happened and continues to happen with DS, buckthorn and anything at all

that kills mites... I was told to go ahead and keep sleeping with my cat, etc.. as if reinfections could not happen just because there was a layer of ZZ between my skin and the environment my cat was sharing with me))

There's much to say and I'll be happy to answer questions if anyone else is interested in trying to figure out why I used these treatments for SO long and still had mites and acne. The jest of it is I ended up using close to two years of DS treatments.. with 20 months of it being consistant day&evening full-force treatment0... the last part of which I was trying the slowerer dosage as directed but as I thought it didn't improve anything. Let me stipulate again that yes mite-tests were done... they were present and still were at the time of using my last of the DS treatments I ever bought. I found that in responses to my last cries for help here at this forum people were overlooking what I was saying and not getting the point that I used these treatments longer than even Walter would say the demodex could possibly stay with me through them...

I'm not sure why I'm returning here... just another cry for help I guess.. from the time and frequency I tried it all I have no reason to believe that any one treatment is better than the other. zz, xfml, neem oil, and sea buckthorn all kill these mite... especially when left on the face as continuous and overnight treatments... but with all of them it's been the expected breakouts followed by only neverending continued waves of breakouts... as far as I'm concerned the DS treatments work to do exactly the same as both seabuckthorn and neem... probably tea-tree too but that's too harsh an oil to leave on face continuously. They all kill, breakouts result from the corpses...but as for the mites being eliminated so my skin can get and stay clear?... I've never seen that.
fullmoon

Post by fullmoon »

Get some herbpharm tinctures, specifically wormwood and spilantea usnea (not sure if that is spelled correctly) Dab it on with a cotton ball and you could even dab on some colloidal silver. that's what I used prior to the demodex and it was clearing up beautifully, unfortunately I had sent away for this stuff and it was on the way so when it came I put the herbal tinctures away and used this, broke out like a teen. I'm back to the herbpharm tinctures and colloidal silver, it's clearning up again. I just posted to ask about this product, i think it's one of those that keeps you hooked on it, whereas the herbs free you of it and don't keep your system needing them. this is just my personal experience and observation after one week of demodex, it reminds me of the drugs to keep a person dependent on them!
jmhho
crzyakta

Post by crzyakta »

sounds like 2 things, your immune system is slightly compromised, and you are re-infecting yourself constantly with your cat, and his/her fur
Marla

Clean your cat's ears.

Post by Marla »

Keep your cat's ears clean and dusted with mite powder every week.

Use "20 Mule Team" borax laundry booster each time you launder your linens and clothing.

Dang! I feel for you. Don't give up. Do what you can within your budget and with the things you have available.

Stop putting oils or lotions on your face if you have no DS products. Just keep your skin clean. You know all the standard precautions by now, right?

Good that you came back, JS. I know you're having a hard time with this.

--Marla
Gamgam

Re: undeniable observations : 20 months and not cured

Post by Gamgam »

This talk of blaming cats is ridiculous. The demodex mite, from what I've read, is species specific. Unless the cat were talking about has mange, I would not go blaming cats, or dogs for that matter.
Gamgam

Post by Gamgam »

I would like to make a comment about the above conversation. The author of this topic said that they were being reinfested by the scalp not being treated properly, and that is exactly what I'm afraid of. I am using different shampoos, but I feel these shampoos have little effect. They are on my head for a few minutes in the shower and it is hard to say they are doing much. I have tried letting sulfur/teatree products sit on my scalp over night with a cap, but I have no idea if this is a good idea. Even if I get rid of the mites on my face, if the mites on my scalp aren't addressed, this will never "cure" the situation. I know they are there, because I have huge hair loss, and itching all day. So what is the recommendation?
Titine

Post by Titine »

Walter condemned the use of Ivermectin... which I don't understand since Ivermectin is used to treat animals infested by demodex mites for years now ! with no come back.

The Ivermectin will just kill any mite on your skin... it make the whole thing a lot easier.

Also found out aloe vera was an amazing way to boost the immune system locally (so skin) and generally (if you drink the pulp) but is also regulating all the activity of the mites... anti inflammatory action, anti bacterial, anti biotic (natural) helps cicatrization etc...

Good luck people !

At least now almost no one gives us anymore bullshit about blood vessels causing rosacea lol
Titine

Post by Titine »

Just read your questions also about the immune system

I did researches for ma thesis about a skin disease that works like demodex mite infestation, to explain the immune system failure.
Technically yes your immune system should go back to normal, but you must consider the fact that sometimes what caused your immune system to fail is still here : can be any body, osteopathic disorder, it can be that all this time with disfunction of your skin system, eye lids etc... will make things very hard to recover... also the mites are the main cause of the rosacea (breakouts) they are not the only cause... for the eyes there is a disfunction of the lacrimal canal for some people.
Acorn59

Post by Acorn59 »

Hey JS,

I'm sorry that the zz cream has not worked for you.
I also do not think it is stupid of you to have used these products for 20 months.

It is good to have hope, so do not lose that.

I agree with the people that said maybe your immune system is not up to par. Try taking a multi vitamin (especially vitamin C and D), getting some exercise, and taking an herbal supplement to boost immune system such as gold leaf, olive leaf, or.... echniacea (spelling?)

Also, about the reinfection... treat the scalp, change pillowcases often, wash your laundry with borax, etc.

Have you ever thought about seeing a chiropractor for spinal adjustment?
Increased your water intake? (drink ounces of water according to your weight)

Have you eliminated gluten/dairy? To see if this was a trigger for you?

You have many options. Sure you may have demodex, but it might not be the reason for your symptoms. Remember demodex is on almost everyone. Just not everyone reacts to it. Take a look at this girl's acne +diet connection: SHE SHOWS PICTURES AT 1:20 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DnAAX3S ... ults_video

Maybe you need a good detox?
Maybe you have parasites inside? Tried taking diatamaceous earth +water mix?

don't give up!
stevie-f

Post by stevie-f »

how do I know if the diatamaceous earth is having any effect? I started taking it since reading about it on this thread and did some research. For the last 2 days I have taken a teaspoon in a glass of water in the morning and evening. Sounds amazing if it actually works for me I'm fairly sure the root cause of my problem is internal I just don't know how to fix it. I've been battling bad skin seemingly my whole life. Seems like no matter how well I eat and how much water I drink it doesn't seem to change anything. Large pores, blotchy redness, bumpiness, prone to flushing, etc. But I never get pimples! I'm really hoping this diatamaceous earth is the key to whatever is inside me causing these issues because I am at my wits end.
Acorn59

Post by Acorn59 »

stevie-f

Post by stevie-f »

Acorn, I was referring to you. I had seen Diatomaceous earth mentioned before but I actually tried it after reading your post. I have been using ZZ cream for a few weeks. I've used it before for a month or two straight with no real improvement in the texture of my skin. Anyway, I started the Diatomaceous earth on Monday or Tuesday I think and have only had 1 real good bowel movement this week on Thursday. I don't know what the deal is, I've been drinking that and aloe vera juice and I eat pretty well (Fruits vegetables meats etc) yet I'm still not going regularly. I think this definitely has an effect on my skin but I can't pin down the cause. I haven't tried going completely dairy free as I've had cheese a bit (no milk) lately. I also try to avoid gluten as much as possible. I think my skin just may be showing the residual damage after having these problems for so long and it needs to be re-surfaced somehow. I have noticed I don't get nearly as many clogged pores while using the ZZ cream.