New Gal on the block, Questions! Questions! Questions!

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Robbin Mann

New Gal on the block, Questions! Questions! Questions!

Post by Robbin Mann »

HI Everyone!
I'm so excited to be able to finally ask some questions! I haven't gotten my order yet but I am feeling hopeful for the first time in a long time. I have not gotten the disease to the extreme as some of the pictures show. I am only in the early stages, I was diagnosed about two years ago. First I ignored it, then I admitted it and got some medicine from the dermatologist. It didn't work. Then I let it go for a while, went to a different dr., got some aloe vera medicine, it helped for about two weeks, then stopped. Now I am looking at a chin, forehead and one spot on my cheek full of both postules and acne (the kind that you can actually pop!)
After seeing all the pics I am absolutely terrified out of my mind. I have spent most of my life enjoying relatively good looks, now I am afraid to leave my house. Still, finding demodexsolutions and hearing all the good reviews has brought hope to me again. I really can not imagine having to go through life with this condition. I would probably stop eating and hope for a quick death! I've been so depressed that I have been spending a lot of time trying to evaluate my worth without my looks. It's a hard thing to do when you have never had to do it before.
What really convinced me is the fact that I itch all the time!! My scalp especially. I thought that it made sense...the big pores (which I never had when I was young), the itchy skin (especially my eyebrows) Well, anyway, enough about me. How bout answering some questions...

Is there anything that one can do to prevent being infected in one's home? Does my husband/kids have to use the cream too in order to get rid of them?
I do own two cats and two dogs, HOWEVER, I had this condition before I got the animals so I am not ready to blame them for having it. Any suggestions for dealing with animals? I won't get rid of them.
Does diet really make a difference with these critters?
I only purchased the zz cream to see what happens but my scalp itches all the time, should I get shampoo? I'm sorry to say but I am still kind of skeptical, I'm not ready to invest a ton of money into something I am not sure works. I am hoping to see some results from the zz and be inspired to buy up the store afterwards if I have to. Any other advice that anyone can give me for dealing with this would be helpful!
I am hopeful that this is going to work but I've already been told that I am probably gettting my hopes up too high. I hope not!! Please Please Please be true!!!! In spite of the skepticism, I was also encouraged to find that "the recent news regarding rosacea" is reporting the use of sulphur to manage the disease and that several new meds are coming out and having favorable results. I thought to myself...Heck, Western med is just now getting a clue, when they have had this idea for how long in Hong Kong??? I think I'll go with the ZZ instead of the new Western meds first! Anyhow, excited to get to talk with you all in the future. Any thoughts are most welcome! Thanks!
Azfireangel
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

Robbin,

You just have to be careful about what touches your face, that's all. During the initial 3-5 month clearing period, if I were you, I would try to ensure that nothing touched my face. That means pets, kids, clothes, your own fingers, your own hair, etc. That's difficult to do, but try to minimize your exposure at least. After you've cleared up, then you can take more and more risks about what touches your face, but during the initial 3-5 months, you should try to do everything to minimize the contact so you can rule it out if your face isn't clearing.

I keep a set of 7 pillow cases. I use a clean pillow case everyday and just clean them all once a week. I do the same with my bath towels. The idea is to never re-use something on your face so you can minimize your re-exposure to mites.

Wash your face before using any of the products also. So that means you should clean your face twice a day, once in the morning before applying XFML and once in the evening before applying ZZ.

If you have a coat that you use everyday, make sure it never touches your neck or chin. Coats have high collars and can do that.

For hair, pull your hair back so it doesn't brush up against your cheek or chin. Or cut your hair short.

Yeah, you might want to use the Fumanling Shampoo. It seems like it's strong stuff. So maybe only use it 2-3 times a week. I'd also add the Acarid bar soap and use it just on your face and neck (because you don't need it on your entire body and it saves money to use it just on your face and neck).

Give it 3-5 months to see if it's working. It's going to cause a major break-out most likely after the first week or two. And the break-out may last 1,2, or 3 months even before it starts clearing up. So if you're seeing a break-out, that's normal at first. It will gradually get better. During this period of time, you might want to use Carley's acne cleanser ( http://www.no-acne.com ). It's liquid benzoyl peroxide that you apply for just one minute per day before washing off, and it won't interfere with the DS products.

Good luck! I hope it works for you.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA