Can I do home treatment such as peel e.t.c while using DS

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

lovely

Can I do home treatment such as peel e.t.c while using DS

Post by lovely »

Hi everyone! I'm using DS product right now, and everyone should know it make your skin so dry and dull and not pretty, so I would like to do the peel or microdermabrasion that I plan to buy so it can wide away the dead skins. Should I use it or not thank you so much
lovely
JS

Post by JS »

I would say, no definately not.
Robbin Mann

Dry skin??/

Post by Robbin Mann »

I thought it was good for your skin??? :shock:
Azfireangel
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

Yeah, ZZ can make your skin dry and flakey. The thing I did to deal with that was to use packing tape (or Scotch tape) and just apply it to your skin and peel off the dead skin. Simple enough. But it's not perfect. So what I'd do is to use XFML or moisturizer during the day. The XFML product acts like a moisturizer. The combination of the tape and the XFML was good enough for me. My skin looked good.

After you're completely clear, then you can go on the maintenance program. That's where you're just using ZZ once every other night instead of once a night. Then you probably won't have the dry skin problem.

Using a dermabrasion, AHA or salicylic acid will cause too much irritation to your face. Not many people look good using those products. But yes, they will exfoliate your skin. There is some talk about it aging your skin, too. So I'm kind of against it. You can try it and see if it works for you, though.

Try tape + XFML. I recommend trying that first before doing anything else.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
Walter

Post by Walter »

I would not do that, better like Steve said using a moisturizer, according my experience and the feed back from other people who did this I think it will become worse, not better.
The Fulio cream is also an option for using during the day, I switched myself to the Fulio cream now for some weeks as maintenance treatment and till now it is still perfect, not a single spot, it is to soon to tell for sure though, that is why I use to find out.

Walter
lovely

Post by lovely »

Rigth now my skin did not look good as 3 weeks ago, it has a lot of small dot that look black. Anyway it not look smooth or hydrated or flawless. So I just want to use the cosmetics product such as philosophy kit that will make the skin look more younger and more hydrated thank you for your post
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

I thought Fulio did moisturize well enough. It was good. The only problem is its smell. It smells strongly of cloves. I'd be sort of embarassed to wear it out in public, because people might think I smoke clove cigarettes or something. Hahaha.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
lovely

Post by lovely »

Steve, do you wear sunscreen, because I need to wear sunscreen but I don't know which one should I wear. I have moist and sunscreen of Cetaphil but it make my skin little red and hot eventhough it good for sensitive skin. So, now I don't know which product I should use? thanks
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

Not sure which sunscreen would be best. They all tend to moisturize a little. I'd say just go to a local store and pick up a few cheap bottles of different kinds of sunscreen and see which one you like best. Don't use sunscreen that combines AHA's or BHA's with it. Those just irritate the skin. Just a regular generic sunscreen is what you want.

When I wear sunscreen, it's because I know I'm going to be out in the sun for over 30 minutes at a time. That usually means I'm going to be doing some exercise outside, like running or biking. I just wear sunscreen. I don't try to combine the sunscreen with the XFML product. Sunscreen is the most important thing when you're out in sunlight. But I don't generally wear sunscreen unless I know I'm going to be out in the sunlight for over 30 minutes. I stay indoors most of the time, so it only comes up when I'm exercising outdoors.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA