need opinion, Walter?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Jewelz

need opinion, Walter?

Post by Jewelz »

I went to my dermatologist and she told me my folliculitis is caused by lymphocites attacking my hair follicles, so this is autoimmune. She obviously must have seen evidence of the lymphocites in the biopsy to have told me that. However, how do I know the lymphocites aren't attacking mites and making all this hair loss happen?
I was using the zz cream and eyelash cream everynight for 2 weeks and still was having problems with the eyelash and eyebrow loss. I never broke out in a rash on my face and I never had a breakout of acne. Even before the products arrived, I had used borax to cleanse my face (very carefully) for 2 weeks before.
My dermatologist told me to stop using the DS for awhile and try topical steroids/immunosuppressants. I agreed to give it a shot because she made me feel stupid for refusing her treatment before. I lost no eyelashes for 4 days and felt great. I could wear mascara again, it was wonderful. I cleaned my lashes too, and could pull on them again and they stayed put. Then I stopped using the cream around my eyelids for 3 days and what happened? They started falling out again.
Walter, do you think this is demidocosis or do you think my dermatologist is right and this is autoimmune?

Oh, by the way, I'm still using the z cream every now and then on my forehead and nose because they seem oily due to the summer. It helps with the oiliness