Thyroid TSH blood test, I recomend for anyone with acne.

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Bob Barker's army

Thyroid TSH blood test, I recomend for anyone with acne.

Post by Bob Barker's army »

I just completed a very comprehensive medical exam from a government doctor for a one year deployment in Antarctica. I failed what is called the TSH test ,(Throid stimulating hormone), critical for cold weather.Was not allowed to go because of it. At first I didnt understand the thyroid process.After researching I found the throid controls several different processes and interacts with other glans in a loop system. It works with other glans to regulate body heat, metabolism, hormones, heart regulation and other things.
When I started researching on the web I found it can be responsible for skin problems because hormones are regulated in the glans. And I know that it is the number one item Dr. Zhao listed on his list, (excessive hormone secretion).
I have searched the data bases of University dermatology sites across the country and looked at thousands of photos of skin diseases and this is the first time I have ever heard of a mite that may cause this but it makes absolutly perfect sense to me now. I Have read many technical documents on acne, and hormones are always mentioned as a leading cause. But they leave it as that. I think what they have not acknowledged yet is that these microscopic insects thrive on excessive hormone secretion as it relates to sebum production as Dr. Zhao suggested.
So consider a throid blood test just to make sure your endocrine system is functioning properly. Mine is double the normal standard, (hyperactive throid). Who knows how many years I have been living with a hyperactive thyroid condition, if it wasnt for this medical exam I would have went many more years not knowing. I am anxious to work with my Endocrinologist to get this corrected and to try the products on this site. I really think after a lot of research and by accident! I have found the problem. Dave.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Thank you for your post Dave,

We know that in some cases the thyroid gland has indeed something to do with it but that is it, exactly how and why is still a question mark so maybe you are on the right track but I dont think it can explain all the cases.

Antarctica, waw.....................
Some years ago I almost could visit Antarctica with the Chilean army but a friend of mine who had the contacts with the army died before we could do, pity...............

Thanks again and welcome on the forum

Walter
flower

Post by flower »

i was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in 1996. i have taken medication for it since then. maybe 70% of my thyroid function is now gone due to what my doc called a "burned out hashimoto's disease". that means that years prior, i had an autoimmune reaction to a virus and my body started attacking its own tissue in the thyroid. (hashimotos causes hypo thyroidism and graves disease causes hyperthyroidism.)
so this is why i think there is an autoimmune component to the body allowing things like funguses and mites to take over.
many times our immune systems are weak and it may be years before we even know it.
anyone have any ideas on this?
flower
Marla

On the Line w/Thyroid

Post by Marla »

Hi,

Yes, my thyroid levels have been questioned throughout various exams over the years. The deviation from normal values is not enough to warrant further investigation, nor treatment, according to the doctors.

The lab results vary from okay to a little off.

I suspect that my thyroid is a factor in the condition of my skin.
kara

Post by kara »

My dermatologist in Russia told me I need to fix something in my body. She believed it was immune system and warned me that demodex will come back. Sure, it came back after two years since the treatment was over. Then I sufered from acne again for another five years. I knew about demodex but in USA apparently dermotologists have no clue what it is. I wasted my money on wrong treatments before I discovered this site.
The reason demodex came back was a lot of stress when I came to USA five years ago. Even though I wasn't as stressed anymore demodex thrived on my face and once it is starts again, it doesn't dissapper even your health is back to normal.

I went to all kinds of doctors, run tests and they don't find anything. Except my physician told me that I have hypermobility syndrom (cold feet and hands, extra flexibility in joints) and low blood pressure. I also have allergies and mild asthma.

I complained about being tired quickly even when I sleep a lot but doctors couldn't explain it. I am very sensitive to cold, may be because I am very skinny. They suggested drinking more water and eating more salt.

I eat relatively healthy, no fast food and snacks. I would exercise, just don't have energy for it.

After using ZZ ointment for a month I have improvement but still have red pimples.

May be it is very individual, everybody has it's own weaknesses that affect immune system.

If anybody had similar problems, let me know how you tried to solve them.
Kara
JMPettyWed

Post by JMPettyWed »

Your dermatologist in Russia may have been right about your immune system. It sounds like you may have CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) and it is usually the phase right before or during the onset of an autoimmune disease. If there is pain along with fatigue, then it is called fibromyalgia. You might want to consider an antibodies test to find out for sure. This happened to me 11 years before I was finally diagnosed with Hashimoto's Disease. Symptoms of autoimmune diseases like this one and Graves, Addison's, MS, and diseases of the endocrine system are so nonspecific and gradual that the sufferer may not notice it until the disease is in the advanced stages, like what happened to me. Most patients with Hashimoto's disease don't know they have it until their thyroid gland is ready to shut down permanently because the disease itself is painless. The only symptoms that arise are those of hypothyroidism. I was misdiagnosed as manic-depressive because of my thyroid being in it's death throes and I was going from hyper- to hypothyroid constantly and it stopped in my mid-twenties. Fortunately now, a lot of psychiatrists will test for thyroid problems. I wish someone did that for me at 16 rather than say I was crazy! This is serious stuff and Western doctors often write us off as hypochondriacs when we go to them for help rather than find out what's wrong and the root cause. Most only treat symptoms. There is a great website that I visit for thyroid info, but has great links to info on all autoimmune diseases and even how to find the right doctor who isn't afraid to use Eastern medicine.

http://thyroid.about.com
Robbin Mann

immune disorders

Post by Robbin Mann »

Okay, I hope I don't irritate anyone on this but I have been doing a lot of research lately. I found something very interesting that both myself and my husband are trying. According to this theory (Dr. Ray Sagelian, MD) the majority of all diseases stem from the digestive system and it's components. According to the Dr., due to environmental, food and other toxic conditions our bodies ability to FILTER out toxins deteriorates with age. He gives extensive information on the function of each of our organs. The kidneys, liver, small and large intestines and the lymphatic system are all connected to the digestive system. It is their responsibility to filter out the junk and keep the good. However, after a period of time they get so full of toxins that they are no longer able to function at full capacity. This happens by the bodies inability to absorb and expel wastes. The small intestine is responsible for absorbing all the vitamins and minerals that our bodies need from our foods. However, because we don't eat enough of the right foods to aid our bodies to expel these foods. We get clogged up. According to the Dr., like babies do, we should expel after every major meal. If we don't or are told by modern doctors that it is normal to have only one Bowel movement a day, we are being lied to. It is not normal. Anyhow, if the body doesn't expel all the toxins it produce gases that have no where to go except to be reabsorbed by the body. This process causes a miriad of problems. Including skin conditions. Once the liver, lymph, kidney and liver are clogged it is virtually impossible for someone to have a properly functioning immune system. He goes into greater details but for lack of space I can't explain it all. Here is the web site if you are interested. http://www.RaySahelian.com. My husband and I are currently on his Parastroy which is a cleanse that helps the body eliminate all the parasites that build up inside the digestive system. Apparently this is a very important thing for all of us to do. Since we live in a modern day, most people don't think that we have to deal with parasites anymore. That is only something people in 3rd world countries have to deal with. That is not true. Anyone who likes their meat somewhat rare, who doesn't defrost their meat in the fridge, who isn't good about washing their hands after using the bathroom, anyone who walks barefoot outside is capable of contracting parasites. It is also not commonly known that many forms of vegetables have parasites in them. So even the vegans aren't safe! Anyhow, I feel this to be a serious issue for my family and especially for my husband who always has gas, bloat, doesn't eat much but is still gaining lots of weight. These are all symtoms of the body being back up. He also hardly ever has bowel movements. For what it is worth, it made a lot of sense to me and many of the ailments that bother my family are listed as symptoms. Just food for thought. If you are interested check it out on the beforementioned web site.
Azfireangel
JMPettyWed

Post by JMPettyWed »

He is right. That is why occasional fasting is good for the body. Usually 24 hours for starters, no food no water. I have fasted originally for religious reasons and later on found out how healthy it is for the body and why I feel so good after one. Check with your doctor first if you are healthy enough to do it because it does put major stress the body. If you are able to, the results are phenomenal. If you are not used to it, get your body ready and start with skipping one meal on one occasion, then 2, and then 3... you get the picture. Don't try it all at once. You can have water during the 24-hour period you are fasting as long as it is not tap water - too many chemicals in it. There are also fasting teas you can use along with it that can be purchased at your local supermarket or health food store. Your skin may not improve overnight, but you will feel rejuvinated after a fast even if you don't do the traditional no food no water way. Your skin will improve with multiple fastings over a long period of time along with the demodex skin treatment. Fastings will clean out your blood and all of your organs of any toxins. The only side effects besides the obvious feelings of hunger are a severe headache. That headache is the toxins being released into your body that will be eliminated and the headache can be worse if you are used to having caffeine in the morning. If you do decide to do the occasional fasting, don't do it more than once a month because your body needs time to recover from that stress. I have heard of severe cases of seizures being cured from 3-day fastings, but I have to verify this with more research before I can say for sure. Don't try a 3-day fasting if you never done one because it can hurt you if you are not conditioned to it or healthy enough to do it. That is why I always say to check with your doctor and get a physical and make sure you are healthy. For example, someone with diabetes may not be able to fast. It does make sense to me with my preliminary research how it can be a cure for many ailments for an otherwise healthy person. The body in contact with too many poisons can hurt the body to the point to where it could cause so much damage, especially with all the chemicals we put in our food! Personally, I do not like fasting because it is uncomfortable, but I still do it and cannot argue with the positive results it has given me even when I do it a minimum of once a year.