New on the forum, needs advice about zz treatment

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

washi

New on the forum, needs advice about zz treatment

Post by washi »

Hi! I'm glad I found this site and forum. I sent "demodex solutions" an email asking some question about the zz cream, but got no answer. I guess they might be too busy or getting too many mails.
I am a 33 years old female. I had mild acne since puberty, with some clear periods, not long though. I have lately noticed that may face is also getting flushed easily and is almost always "pink", never white, only when i just wake up. After that, anything, water, cream, sunlight, wind, turns my face into a semi-permanent pink sate.
I asked a dermatologist about rosacea, and about demodex, and she tested me but not directly checking if I had them, just made an allergy test, and said I had "a tendency" to get allergic to mites, but not as much as to start treatment.
So, as I am pretty sure there's something degrading my skin's response to enviroment and I see it getting worse, even using the mildest products, I decided to give the ZZ cream a chance.
I have been trying lately the "facedoctorx" soap, wich claims to get rid of the mites. So far, in just one week, my skin peeled and looks much better, the pores size is reduced, and the acne healed after little breakout. But the reddness is still there. One week is nothing as to make any conclusions, but I guess the soap in this bar might be a little irritating. And I believe the ZZ cream adresses rosacea and acne well, as far as I read.

My main question is: has anyone had problems with pore clogging with the ZZ? I am very prone to clog, and wouldn't want to make it worse. The only think I actually liked on the Facedoctor soap was this kind of mild exfoliating action, wich uncloged my pores within a week, I guess that actually the use over the years of exfoliating products (AHAS,BHAS) made things worse and increased sensitivity. Do you think the Z cream would work without clogging or enlarging pores?

I would also like to suggest a moisturizer, for those whose face is dry while using the ZZ. I found there is a cream made by a nathuropat in Australia (her name is Jaqueline Hope). The cream was originally formulated for eczema and psoriasis, but can be used on acne and rosace, as well. The name is "Hope's relief" and the ingredients are:

Ingredients:

homeopathics

Sulphur, Rhus Tox and Graphites are the main homeopathics used to treat eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and other skin conditions.
The effects of these active homeopathic ingredients are complemented and enhanced by:

Four organic, high-strength herbal extracts:

calendula
licorice
gotu kola
aloe vera
manuka honey (Manuka Honey from New Zealand has proven anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties. It is used externally on sores, cuts and abrasions to help prevent infection)
jojoba oil and vitamin E

here is the link, if someone is interested:

http://www.hopesnatural.com

I have not tried yet, but have used a manuka gel before and it was quite usefull for controlling acne. As it kills the acne vulgaris bacteria and moisturizes the skin , it might be a good complement for the ZZ cream.

So, that's all. I know everyone has a different skin, but I would appreciate any opinion on what I asked above.

Bye!