Is this a normal reaction to ZZ cream? HELP

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

rkat7

Is this a normal reaction to ZZ cream? HELP

Post by rkat7 »

I started using zz cream around 2nd week of october. at first i did not have any reaction to it. it did not make my face better or worse. but after 2 weeks, the sides of my face began to itch and when i wake up the skin on that part thickened, it's hard, crusty and flaking. i continued the zz nightly, thinking it's just a phase that i had to go through but then day after day the itching and crusting is getting worst it spread in my entire cheeks and also a little part in the bridge of my nose. then i realised it's seborrheic dermatitis! :cry: i read a lot of users from this forum about their experiences with zz cream but i haven't read anyone that experience the same case as mine.. i got severe seborrheic dermatitis outbreak while treating demodex.. i don't know if i should continue zz cream or not or is this a side effect of the mites dying.. i am so depressed and sad i don't want to ever leave the house. my mom is suggesting i see a derm and i am still thinking about it because i don't have the budget right now.. this sucks : :cry:
rkat7

Re: Is this a normal reaction to ZZ cream? HELP

Post by rkat7 »

I just went to the derm because my face is getting worst and she told me that i'm having seborrheic dermatitis now. she prescribed me with a steroid cream (mometasone) , antibacterial soap, antibiotic capsules and low dose prednisone. i am stopping zz cream for awhile because it doesn't seem to help with my current skin condition. I'm so confused and i don't know what to do because i am so sure i have demodex mite problem i experience all the symptoms and i have super oily skin. i am stopping for a week to follow my doctor's instructions and see if this will help.. in case my face will clear..i don't know if i should continue zz cream i am so scared it will worsen my skin again. i've been on zz cream for 7 weeks, i experienced mild breakouts which is expected so i didn't worry about it. my breakouts cleared but then i had a sudden seborrheic dermatitis outbreak.. i wonder if this is related to demodex. walter? thoughts pls?