Redness, Flushing, dry skin - NO Papules \\ Walter please?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Luminaire

Redness, Flushing, dry skin - NO Papules \\ Walter please?

Post by Luminaire »

Hello everyone,

first of all, id like to describe my symptomes:

I have a mostly pale complexion in the morning, around 12:00 , sometimes a bit earlier, sometimes a bit later, my face and especially my nose turns bright red. Its not so much the face, but mostly the nose and a bit on the cheeks. Around 4 pm and onwards, my face usually gets better.

My usual triggers also include: hot rooms, temperature changes and i almost always instantly flush on my nose if i eat something around 12 am. Ive almost tried everything else including tea tree oil, checked for all possible allergys as well as histamine and the ZZ cream is my last real hope.

Today im on my 4th day of ZZ cream. So far nothing has changed significantly and at the time of writing this (12:35) my nose is bright red as usual.

I have an appointment with my doctor at 17:15 to check for demodex with a laser microscope.

My questions:

1. Is it possible to treat my rosacea with the zz cream sucessfully even if i have NO pimples/postules on my face except for maybe 1 that pops up VERY rarely and which i wouldnt attribute to my rosacea

2. Is it possible that my doctor wont find mites because i have treated myself with ZZ cream for 4 days already?

3. Can the ZZ cream help me, even in the case that i dont have any mites?

4. Do you have any experiences with people having the so called subtype 1 (only redness/flushing) who successfully treated themselves?

Im really putting all my hopes into this product and i know it takes time to see results, but im so scared that this cream might only help people with papules and im also scared that my doctor wont find any mites :(

I greatly appreciate any answers. Thank you all so much.
Walter

Re: Redness, Flushing, dry skin - NO Papules \\ Walter pleas

Post by Walter »

Hello
1. Is it possible to treat my rosacea with the zz cream sucessfully even if i have NO pimples/postules on my face except for maybe 1 that pops up VERY rarely and which i wouldnt attribute to my rosacea
Yes, but since this redness is a reaction from the immune system it depends where the trigger is coming from,
if demodex mites is the trigger then it will help.
2. Is it possible that my doctor wont find mites because i have treated myself with ZZ cream for 4 days already?
No, after 4 days of using there will be still enough mites to detect them if they are present,
pity enough it is not so easy to eliminate them.
3. Can the ZZ cream help me, even in the case that i dont have any mites?
No idea but probably not.
4. Do you have any experiences with people having the so called subtype 1 (only redness/flushing) who successfully treated themselves?
Yes, many were healed, others not, it all depends if there are demodex mites or not.(we have more than 10 years’ experience)
It is a misunderstanding though that people think one needs to have a lot of demodex mites to have skin problems,
even a small amount of mites can trigger a reaction.

I don’t trust this laser microscope so much finding mites, for me the most simple and trustworthy is still a skin scraping.
Did you go already and did they find mites?

The redness is the part which takes the longest time to go away, the immune system needs to stop reacting and this can take time (up to one year for some people)
so you will need to be patient but use just a tiny bit every day in the evening/night, not much, this is really not needed especially without pimples.

Walter
Luminaire

Post by Luminaire »

Thank you for your answer Walter.

The Doctor has eben looking for the mites with the Laser microscope but i wont get the final Resultat until the 15th :/

Ive been using the cream for 10 days now. After about 5 days i noticed really really tiny bumps on my forehead. Those werent there before but u really Need to pay attention to see them.
By now they seem to start to fade again.

Are these bumps a sign the cream is working ? Ive hoped that i would get an outbreak so i would know that the treatment is successful. But my bumps are really tiny and hard to see. :/

Thanks again in advance.
Luminaire

Post by Luminaire »

So this is day 35 of my treatment.

So far i had some ups and downs. I definately have waves of small outbreaks. Which means, i get pimples albeit small and flat ones, but many (at least many for someone who never had pimples before, or maybe just 1 at a time).

However so far i cant tell whether i am improving at all. Everytime i think it gets better it imediately gets worse again. On monday i THINK i was flush free for the first time after lunch. But then i had a horrible breakdown on monday evening and tuesday/today my face looks worse than before and is very dry and aggravated.

Do you think the outbreak is a sign that the treatment is working? My derm told me they found just 1 mite and werent even sure if its one at all, but i dont have too much trust into the way they did the test.

Do you think i have a chance of healing even if i only have the flushing/redness symptomes? Is there any advice you can give to me to make this more bareable?

Thanks so much.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello again

Well, it is too soon to tell something, we (people) are used to use/take a medicine and have relatively fast results
but treating demodex mites is different, the treatment works against the demodex mites, not against the symptoms directly,
even if the treatment is working good and the mites become slowly eliminated this doesn’t mean the symptoms are getting better already,
like I wrote before, for the redness to subside, first the mites need to be eliminated so your immune system can stop reacting.
Do you think I have a chance of healing even if I only have the flushing/redness symptoms? Is there any advice you can give to me to make this more bearable?
Yes, there is a big possibility even only have the flushing/redness for healing but I am not a guru so time will till,
try to be patient and to make it more bearable, use less, every two days a bit only in the evening/night is enough.
The dryness should also become better in time, try to use a good moisturizer during the day, we recommend an aloe vera based one
but this is up to you, doesn’t actually matter which one you use as long it is working for you it is ok.
Failures have two reasons:
No mites so obvious it doesn’t work.
Stopping the treatment to soon.
In your case, minimum 4 months treatment to tell something, hopefully results will be faster of course.

Walter
Luminaire

Post by Luminaire »

So this is day 83.

I cant say im losing hope, but im not sure how things are going. My complexion hasnt changed much since my last posting. I stilll flush at least once a day, mostly after dinner and less on weekends (i think, not sure). I had to use really small amounts of cream so far and i am still on my first jar, which will be empty in the next 1 or 2 weeks. I will order another one to keep the dream going :D

The only thing i can say that definately seems to have changed is that i can apply more and more cream without having my face fall apart in flakes. Its still somewhat flaky but much better.

Is this a sign that the treatment works, or would the flakyness get better, even if there are no mites?

Im looking for a straw to hold on. I think the intensity of my flushes got somewhat better. Im mostly just mega-pink and not burning red anymore. But this might be imaginary, or it might have something to do with the colder temperatures at the moment.

Can anyone tell me something that will keep my hopes up? I was really depressed before i started this treament, and just the hope it gave me, greatly improved my mood. Im just scared it was all for nothing :(

I will keep going though and keep this post up to date.

Thanks in advance, especially to Walter.
mcwick94

Post by mcwick94 »

I have used the products for years and they havent helped my redness and intense flushing whatsoever. It did help stop the random red/flat spots i would get but thats it. My texture hasnt changed at all and its still looks like an orange peel except red with holes. Its very discouraging because I too had hope that it would dramatically change my appearance, sadly I was not one of the lucky ones. I have excepted that my redness is not going to get better unless I treat the vessels with lasers which I plan to do this weekend. Wish me luck...
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello

It is a pity that our products did not help you much, this means your skin problems are not demodex related
otherwise they should have helped you.
We wish you luck with your laser treatment, let us know.

Walter
Luminaire

Post by Luminaire »

Hi

Walter may i kindly ask you to Check my Post above?

Thank you so much. Merry Christmas !