Greasy forehead (dry cheeks and nose)

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

xenas

Greasy forehead (dry cheeks and nose)

Post by xenas »

Hi, my forehead has been greasy a lot from time to time. I have started using ZZ cream and XFML because there was nothing that would help with my cheeks and nose that was gettting dryer and dryer and redder. I found Demodex solutions and started using them. The creams are helping on cheeks and nose and somewhat even on my chin, but my forehead is not happy. It became veeery greasy and more pimples are showing up when previously there were none. While nose and cheeks are less red and less dry (but not greasy at all, still a little dry in fact) so the creams seem to be working there. What is actually cause of greasy skin? Should I even be using these creams on my forehead?
Walter

Re: Greasy forehead (dry cheeks and nose)

Post by Walter »

Hello

use the ZZ cream on your forehead, not the Fumanling cream, it is always better to treat the whole face,
it is not that because you have no symptoms on a certain place there are no mites.

Walter
xenas

Post by xenas »

Thank you for the reply! I will try that. I suppose ZZ is a little drying in itself. I started with XFML on cheeks when I first found this and some of the dryness went away with it so when I added ZZ (replaced it with) at night the drying was not such a problem anymore. It is actually working quite quickly for me. I think I am on week 3 and everybody notices results already.

One more question, how do I know if I should be trating scalp as well? I have some flakes there (not a lot lot I guess) and small pimples sometimes with occasional bigger pimple. I did feel something moving a few months ago and I lost some hair. But I thought it was from pityriasis rosea which I also had some months ago. Or rather wrong treatment because I was using ketoconasol shampoo thinking it was fungus. Then I just started using lavender shampoo and it settled. When it rains it puors, they say. The crawling senstation is now gone and flakes are a lot less. But still, should I treat the scalp?
Walter

Post by Walter »

I would wait with treating your scalp if I was you,
many times, the problems on the scalp disappear by only treating the face
(dont ask my why though)
Nice that you have results so fast, everybody is reacting so different.
Don't make the mistake to stop treating to soon, even if all symptoms are gone,
keep on treating for minimum 3 months, if it would be that after this 3 months you are clear
don't stop at once, use a couple of times in a month for some months.

Walter