red mark from acne

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

lovely

red mark from acne

Post by lovely »

Hi everybody! My face have some red marks from acne, it on the cheek and at the chin. Do you guys think the demodex solution will resolve this problems. And one more question, if at beggining you start the product then the next day you see the improvement, and after a week it get worse, is this possible? anybody have this experienced thanks
SteveInAustin

Re: red mark from acne

Post by SteveInAustin »

lovely wrote:Hi everybody! My face have some red marks from acne, it on the cheek and at the chin. Do you guys think the demodex solution will resolve this problems. And one more question, if at beggining you start the product then the next day you see the improvement, and after a week it get worse, is this possible? anybody have this experienced thanks
To answer your first question... I think if you use the products, your face will start healing. If the red marks aren't scars, they'll begin to fade as they heal. It could take 6 months before you're looking completely clear. Take a multivitamin everyday to help your body heal. Drink plenty of water, too. If they're scars, you may not see much of an improvement. I haven't heard of anything that would allow scars to heal. There may be a laser treatment for scars, however.

As for the second question... Yes, it's normal to get worse right after you start using the products. So you might typically start to break-out really badly after 5 days on the products. That happened with me. Yes, you might notice some improvement within that first 5 days, but then you'll break-out after that. That's normal and should be expected.

The break-outs theoretically come about because you're killing off all the mites, and that causes them to attract bacteria to their corpses. The bacteria thrive, and your pores can't get rid of the large mite bodies. Your pores will attempt to get rid of the mite bodies by increasing oil production, which just supplies more food to the bacteria. The bacteria population increases greatly. So an infection occurs. That's the break-out. This is one of the biggest reasons why I think the mite theory explains more than the bacteria-only theory. The bacteria-only theory doesn't explain why so many good acne products causes break-outs during the initial use. The mite theory does.

To control the break-outs, you should consider using Carley's liquid benzoyl peroxide face cleanser (http://www.no-acne.com). You use it for just one minute per day before washing it off. It should help control the break-outs, but it won't stop them. By the way, some people don't even have any initial break-outs. Lucky them.

The break-out lasted me for about a month and a half, but it was the worst during the first 3 weeks. It gets better as time goes on. During this time, it's tempting to give up and stop using the products. Don't give up. Ride it out. Commit to 3-5 months usage. You'll likely see gradual results and hopefully a complete clearing.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
nancy

Post by nancy »

Hi Steve and all users,

My skin diagnosis from pathologist report:

MOST CONSISTENT WITH ROSACEA, TELANGIECTATIC TYPE,

SUPERFICIAL PERIVASCULAR AND PERIDNEXAL MIXED CELL INFILTRATES AND TELANGIECTASIA. NEGATIVE FOR INTERFACE DERMATITIS, DILATED PATULOUS FOLLICLES WITH "OCCASIONAL DEMODEX FOLLICULORUM ARE PRESENT"

mY SKIN IS SCARED FORM 28 YRS OF ACNE, 3 years ago my chin became red and bumpy, anitbiotics and creams did nothing, found this site and have high hopes for some releif.

I have been using the acarid soap and ZZ 2x per day for 1 week now
no breakouts on my chin just my right cheek has a dime size cyst? (it hurts! great another scar!)

my goal is to rid my red chin of this monster, I can't go out without makeup that how bad it is

I'm committed to this regimen for 4 months and hope my skin will heal
it's unreal putting up with this everyday, i cry and say why why why

Has anyone have surgery or injection for pit scars????

your comments are welcome

regards
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

Regarding a cyst... If you think the cyst will cause a scar, go to your dermatologist immediately and demand a cortisone injection. The cortisone will cause it to heal (it stops inflammation caused by infections). And/or have him lance it with sterile instruments. That should just about eliminate the possibility of scarring for this cyst.

And yes, there are scar treatments out there. I know next to nothing about them, however. Something about lasers and dermabrasion. I think it's possible to get rid of acne pit scars. See your dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Consider also that make-up techniques can deal with it pretty well. You're a woman, so make-up is kind of expected. For us men, it'd be really difficult to use make-up in such a way that it's not noticeable I would imagine.

I've heard scars can heal on their own, but over the course of decades. Discolored skin may heal faster. But that's something I know little about. See a dermatologist about it.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
nancy

Post by nancy »

Steve,

Your input in quite impressive, thanks...........

My skin is now very dry and peeling from 1.5 wks of 2x per day, I think I will use the ZZ only at night and see what happens, actually my face is more red than using a sulfer cream from the derm....

I know its to short to tell but my chin is like orange skin red and bumpy, no zits.............what do you figure this is????????
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

nancy wrote: My skin is now very dry and peeling from 1.5 wks of 2x per day, I think I will use the ZZ only at night and see what happens, actually my face is more red than using a sulfer cream from the derm....
Yep, the peeling and dryness will improve if you do ZZ only at night instead of both night and morning. XFML during the day acts like a moisturizer. I also recommend getting some scotch tape or packing tape. Use the tape on your face to get rid of the flakes of dead skin before applying XFML or moisturizer. It helps.... And when you go on the "maintenance program", hopefully in another 5 months or so, you'll go from once a day to once every other day for ZZ applications. That will improve the dead skin problem, or eliminate it altogether.
nancy wrote: I know its to short to tell but my chin is like orange skin red and bumpy, no zits.............what do you figure this is????????
I have no idea. It would require a biopsy to know for sure. It could be rosacea. It could be folliculitis. Or a bruise that never dissipated. Or something else. I think if you use the demodexsolutions products, it should get rid of it if it's caused by mites, bacteria, or fungus. Or the elimination of these parasites would allow your skin to heal itself. If there's no improvement in a year, it's time to get a biopsy or something. I say a year, because it may take that long for discolorations I think. They're slower to heal from what I gather. I could be wrong. See your dermatologist. There may be a simple solution he/she might know about.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
nancy

Post by nancy »

Steve,

I had a biospy 2 months ago........... and its most consitant with rosacea and "occasional demodex foll..........kind

that's how i found this web site. My derm says everyone has demodex, their normal on the skin???????

Most people i've read said they see redness improvement right away, I thought i would be amoung the bunch!!

this skin disease sucks, i'm 47 and zits won't stop, one heals and another one pops up, no one in my family has this problem. Iv'e been to 5 derms and DS is my 6th.

hope i get an answer one day
(excuse the dust, just venting)
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

nancy wrote:Steve,

I had a biospy 2 months ago........... and its most consitant with rosacea and "occasional demodex foll..........kind

that's how i found this web site. My derm says everyone has demodex, their normal on the skin???????

Most people i've read said they see redness improvement right away, I thought i would be amoung the bunch!!

this skin disease sucks, i'm 47 and zits won't stop, one heals and another one pops up, no one in my family has this problem. Iv'e been to 5 derms and DS is my 6th.

hope i get an answer one day
(excuse the dust, just venting)
Ah. Then it's rosacea. That may be a good thing, because the demodexsolutions products are supposed to cure rosacea. The thing is, though, I'm not sure all forms of rosacea are due to demodex mites, so there's the possibility that this is a kind of rosacea that isn't affected by the products. I believe Walter feels confident that the ZZ and XFML products will cure every type of rosacea, by the way. I'm not ready to make that claim, since I haven't been paying much attention to what people with rosacea are saying about the products.

And on that subject, I don't have much experience with the rosacea part of the products, since my problem has always been acne. So I have no idea how long it will take to work for you. If it's anything like acne, it will take 5 months to see a good clearing. But maybe rosacea is more stubborn?

Demodex mites are normally found on most peoples' skin, yes. So are the p.acnes bacteria. The problem is that some people aren't able to tolerate them. Those people go on to develop acne and rosacea. It's only recently has there been any scientific evidence shown to support a connection between demodex mites and rosacea. It may take a while before dermatologists figure it out. So you're going to hear most of them saying that demodex mites don't affect acne or rosacea. They just aren't aware of the research yet.

Anyway, hang in there.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
Marla

Protein transport

Post by Marla »

Mites bring foreign proteins into my skin.

If the protein comes from a horse or cat, the inflammation rapidly expands and becomes a crisis.

Probably many mites enter my skin without consequences.

If a mite brings proteins that I am allergic to, and brings bacterial cells as well, then I have a full-time occupation to eliminate the consequences.

I do not handle cats. I do not handle horses. I try to avoid handling things that other people have handled after touching cats or horses.

Yet it is possible for me to unknowingly handle something that has mites carrying allergens from a prior source. If I handle a dog that lives in a household with cats, it is almost certain that I will break out.

If I can kill the Demodex and the bacteria, I have a better chance of healing quickly. After the foreign proteins are eliminated from my skin by my immune system, I stop breaking out.

If I cannot kill the Demodex immediately, the organism reproduces in an environment that provides food and safety. Then, the acne becomes less of an allergy problem, and more of an over-population problem.

I no longer let my guard down by not treating regularly, regardless of whether or not my skin has acne. I recently paid dearly for this lapse in treatment.
Walter

Post by Walter »

Ah. Then it's rosacea. That may be a good thing, because the demodexsolutions products are supposed to cure rosacea. The thing is, though, I'm not sure all forms of rosacea are due to demodex mites, so there's the possibility that this is a kind of rosacea that isn't affected by the products. I believe Walter feels confident that the ZZ and XFML products will cure every type of rosacea, by the way. I'm not ready to make that claim, since I haven't been paying much attention to what people with rosacea are saying about the products.
Indeed not all forms of rosacea are because of demodex mites but a lot are, some are completely because of the mites, in others the mites play a big roll so there is anyway a big improvement removing the mites and then there are some which has nothing to do with the mites, the majority does though, so treating against the mites is not just taking a gamble but a big possibility of healing from rosacea, of course we have failures, not one product works for 100% but it is safe to say our treatment works for at least 80% in case of rosacea.

Walter