Millie's zcream experiment

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Millie

Millie's zcream experiment

Post by Millie »

Hi!

Just started zcream and acarid soap on Thursday - I am currently on day 3, and am feeling itchy and crawly all over head. Not too drying yet - am using it in morning and at night - too much?

No breakouts yet, but am noticing more red spots on my face.

FYI I do not have papules and pustules - just flushing and redness and small veins (lots of them!!) Have had rosacea for 15 years.

Went to derm and had a test and I DO have mites. He prescribed permetherin, and I used it for 3 weeks with no noticeable change.

I will update as needed - thankyou Tamara!!!!
tkr

Post by tkr »

Millie, I am so glad you went to the Doctors and it was confirmed!!!YES
Good 4 you. 2 times a day is no problem, this is the best way however the reason many use once a day is because they become so dry, and its hard to go to work with this on. Keep goin millie, keep us all posted

p.s I had the itching on my scalp too, it was crazy! I even had pimples on the back of my head the next morning, kill the suckers.

take care millie, u will get better in time and patience. bye 4 now tamara :wink:
Millie

Post by Millie »

Thanks - Tamara - loved your photos by the way!

QUESTION:
I Have new pillows and am starting to change pillowcases daily.

What about makeup brushes and mineral makeup? Should I stop using them?

Do I need to throw out anything that comes into contact with my face?

I have two precious dogs - what about them????????

Help! I am beginning to obsess here!

Thanks for this forum!
tallguy1984

Post by tallguy1984 »

well in regards to the animals, there fine to have you just need to make sure to keep them as afar away from your face as possible. and make sure after you touch them that you don't put your hands anywhere near your face.

I also change my pillow cases every night, it's a good idea to throw your pillow in the dryer once a week for about 20 minutes.. that will kill all the bacteria in the pillow. "from what I hear"
tkr

Post by tkr »

good tips tallguy. Millie I would throw out your brush you are currently using, and for the makeup....hate to say it but start fresh and get rid of it.
I have a cat and I wash him with special shampoo(from the vet), for my sanity and our well being,as I have learned animals can spread it even though it is unlikely IT does happen. I use a fresh pillow case daily, and I add a few drops of tea tree oil to my laundry soap in the wash, also yes the dryer keep it on a little longer to kill them. There is also BORAX LAundry soap .....you can buy this too to ensure you kill them for the laundry. I make my own solution for cleaning the house just for the reason that I am very environmentally friendly and there are excellent ways of cleaning your house with fresh and chemical free irritants. Anyway, I dont want to freak you out so.......take care,tamara
Millie

Post by Millie »

Thanks everyone - good suggestions.

Dryness is setting in - only using at night. Have thrown (boo hoo hoo!) away mineral makeup and brushes. Am using a light coat of hypoallergenic foundation to cover bad spots during day.

Seeing breakouts - on cheeks and especially on forehead - never had a breakout with rosacea - this will be interesting to watch.

Party on!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I have 2 dogs and a cat Millie! I just try to wash my hands after touching them, and made a conscious effort to touch my face less.

When I first started the Z cream, I would have an intermittent crawling sensation on my scalp at night time. I don't get this any more. The only area I still itch though is inside my ears...

My initial breakout lasted probably about 2 weeks, then my skin stabilised - though it has been longer for other people - but hang in there, its worth persevering :D
Millie

Post by Millie »

Woke up this morning with "dots" - lots of them! - that feel like hives all over my face. I am incredibly itchy on my face, neck and at edge of scalp. My face is red!

The dots are not like papules (I have never had those) - they are like red dots that ITCH!

Guess this is the hard stuff.

Did I mention the itching???

My area around my eyes is wrinkly and dry - will have to use good moisturizer in this area - do not want to encourage those crows feet to grow!

I am excited in a weird way about this - means that it is working! I used permethrin yesterday in the day - maybe to include a little prescription strength something to kill these suckers.
Millie

Post by Millie »

Woke up this morning after my first complete week of zzcream,

The skin around my eyes is dry and thin - and my wrinkles/crows feet are very much more prominent during the day than before the experiment. I am afraid that the drying process of the zcream is damaging the thin skin around my eyes.

My face is totally itchy and uncomfortable. Scalp is itchy. Dots are still over rosacea areas of face. Is this all normal and to be expected?

Thanks!
tkr

Post by tkr »

Millie, it sure seems we all have the same dilemma.
Put it this way your skin does get better. Try not to put the z cream directly under your eyes. What you are goin through is normal. I thought I looked like a prune with this on....and I had dry skin and looked like crap, but months later it does get better and now that I use the z cream about every 3rd day now, my skin is better. Dont worry, you will see, but takes alot of time and patience, I know from where you are sitting now it does not appear that way but........takes time. I put vaseline on my lips too, because you will notice your lips will get dry too. take care millie, hang tough. tamara keep us posted and a journal is all good.
RR3rdMD

Post by RR3rdMD »

try to avoid ares around your eyes.
Millie

Post by Millie »

Thanks all!

After I wash with acarid soap, I dry my face and apply super-moisturizing cream around my eye area. Then, I re-wet my face, and apply z-cream.

My face is looking a little better - now that I have my eyes under control, I can tolerate the dryness.

No major breakouts yet - I am on day 12.
Millie

Post by Millie »

Day 17. Face is actually looking better - less red! Still itchy and dry - I am feeling lots of pimple like bumps along my hairline on the back of my neck. Face also feels a little smoother.

I am being very cautious about being excited....I have been dissapointed so many times.

No major break outs. The derm saw the mites - wonder why no breakout yet?
Millie

Post by Millie »

Day 19.

The most interestiing thing just happened. After a mid-size dinner (complete with tomato sauce, pasta and chicken and jsut a COUPLE cookies!), I went for a 45 minute walk in the 22 degree cold - wind in my face cold - and I forgot my scarf to cover my face.

I came home, and just took a hot shower to warm up. I looked in the mirror after my shower and my face was NOT flushed.

This is a FIRST!!! I WAS NOT FLUSHED!!!!!!

I just might have a glass of red wine.....!!!!!

Think it is a result of the ZZ cream?
miteymite

Post by miteymite »

Absolutely its the zcream, good for you
Just wait it gets better, you will be able to eat anything you want without any type of flare and do all the things you have missed. I am very happy for you Millie and more people should come to the realization that it is a mite and they can do something about it. I was on zcream for about 4 months and started to breakout again, but I have a way to stop that also, if you ever come to that point. You kept the treatment going is whats important and didnt stop cause you had a couple of spots, wise decision Millie. As I have mentioned before the mites want you to baby your skin and treat it with soft wussy lotions and such, the truth of the matter is treat it like crap with acricidal chemicals and you will gain much more ground against this mite. You will still have good days and bad days in the future, but hang in there.