Millie's zcream experiment

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Millie

Post by Millie »

Played sports outside in FREEZING windy weather today for 1 .5 hours, and went for another 45 minute walk - brought the scarf this time!

Came home from the walk, and immediately went to a friend's house and had hot roasted red pepper soup for lunch.

NO FLUSHING!!!!!!!!!

My cheeks were a little chapped - that's all! My friend was wondering (and laughing at me!) why I was looking in the mirror so much!

Then this afternoon, when I typically have a strong flush/flare, I FELT the heat on my face, but when I looked in the mirror, I was pretty pale! NO FLUSHING!!!!!!!

Wow - have not looked this way in at least 15 years!!
Andy

Post by Andy »

That is friggin awesome, Millie! Yeah the ZZ cream sure is awesome!
Millie

Post by Millie »

DAY 29.

Face is less dry - still need to moisturize during the day - using cethaphil moisturizing cream for sensitive skin and light foundation.

Redness still decreasing - flushing episodes at total minimum. I am VERY happy!

I had one strange break out of those itchy spots a few days ago - it went away in 2 days.

Wondering when I should get ipl for broken blood vessels???

I am able to tolerate a thicker layer of ZZcream - killing more mites!
Millie

Post by Millie »

Day 36

Still loving the zcream. Need to order more!
Worked and travelled during the week - flushing down, and redness is ONLY when I flush.
My "butterfly" zone is fading slowly away.
Less dry - skin tolerates more washing with acarid soap and thicker layer of zcream..

QUESTIONS:

1. Can I get IPL while using zcream?
2. My skin hasn't been so dry that I have noticed it flaking off to a smoother layer below - does that always happen?
3. Does anyone use red light along with zcream?

Thanks!
blbase

Post by blbase »

QUESTIONS:

1. Can I get IPL while using zcream?
Hi Millie,

I would wait on the IPL, based on your earlier posts you mention "crows feet" so I am assuming you are not in your 20's :). I spent a lot of time in the sun when I was younger and that resulted in some brown spots.
The IPL will make your face more red and sensitive for a few days. The brown spots, if you have any, will get dry and crusty; you are not supposed to rub the spots but let the skin just flake off at it's own pace. I believe this would make it difficlut to apply the Z Cream and possibly irritate the skin. I had considered having more IPL done when I was able to do "maintenance" with the Z cream. But now I don't think I need it. Give the Z cream a chance you may not need IPL treatments at all.
Millie

Post by Millie »

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

I had forgotten about those pesky brown spots. I am thinking about getting IPL to take care of the visible veins (that seem to be more visible because my face isn't so red!).

Have a great day!
Millie
nicsunflower

Post by nicsunflower »

Hi Millie,
I just saw your note about using red light along with the z-cream. I've been using the z-cream for nearly 40 days along with a red/infrared light since December. I think the red/infrared light is more of a long term treatment so its hard to say if its helped any at this point, but definitely hasn't made it worse. I haven't experienced any breakouts with the Z-cream, but I haven't really ever had a problem with breakouts so its hard to say if the light treatment was helping. Either way, I plan to use it long term because I think its a good investment for keeping your skin and the blood vessels below healthy and less inflamed. I wouldn't recommend getting IPL right now. I've had it done (many treatments) and it makes your skin very hypersensitive so the combination with the Z-cream could be a very bad thing. They often recommend avoiding sulfur containing topicals several weeks if not months before getting IPL. Also, if you're wanting to get rid of spider veins, I think the V-beam is more effective at least in terms of having minimal number of treatments. That's my personal opinion. There may be more down time, but if its just in certain spots it might not be that bad.
I hope that helps.
Take care,
Nic
tkr

Post by tkr »

Millie, I am happy z cream is doin great 4 u, I knew it would work!!
I am rosacea free now, I simply use ponds at night and keep the pesks away as it sufficates them so they dont reproduce. I have not had any breakouts now for awhile, feels good. I only use the acarid soap every other day too. So I completely healed over 6 months time it took me. And dont worry all of you out there your skin will not shrivle up like a prune, one you get off z cream, your skin will b soft and supple. :lol:
tamara
Millie

Post by Millie »

59 Days using ZZ Cream.

Face is becoming less dry. Still dryer than I would like, but I am seeing results, so I am willing to hang in. Face is smoother also.

Flushing because of spicy food and wine, and because of environmental factors is greatly minimized.

I still flush when embarrassed, very stressed, or when PMSing. I see this as more physiological, rather than having a red, angry face 99% of my day for no apparent reason.

I have also purchased second container of cream - will open it today and see how it looks and feels (re: new formulation.)

When do you all think I should go back to derm and have him scrape my face and do a mite check?

Comments??
Millie

Post by Millie »

LOOOOOOVE the new consistency of the ZZ cream! Easy to apply, not cakey, and I don't have to get my face wet!
Millie

Post by Millie »

100 days! A little over 3 months.....

Face was at a standstill for weeks - nothing new to report. A few occasional flare episodes, mostly related to pms or stress.

As of yesterday, my face is peeling - dry dry dry again - hoping to see that new beautiful skin underneath!

This zz cream is a wild ride!

Millie
kryszrich

redness?

Post by kryszrich »

about your dryness...was there slight redness that went along with it? i am experiencing dryness but also some redness along jawline and sideburn area...not sure if this is rosacea, broken capillaries, or just redness from skin drying...these areas are also sensitive to touch, as opposed to the rest of the rosacea area skin.

also, you report way back in the beginning having a lot of broken capillaries...did a lot of them go away after all these weeks treating with zz cream? did it ever look like your rosacea was getting worse (as in more blood vessels...perhaps spreading to new areas)?
marco

Post by marco »

I had a serious itching problem on my face and after doing some research found that Rosemary tea is fantastic(applied externally)...Iv explained how to use it on a reply to Tiffiny's post
Best wishes everyone
tkr

Post by tkr »

hey millie, long time no talk, how r u doin these days? better i hope.
is your rosacea gone, flushes gone???
let me know please. and do u know how jen is, have not heard from her either yet, we started around the same time. have not seen current pictures of her, wish i could see some of u and her, to see the difference. Anyway as for me, used it 6 months then every 3rd or so day, then stopped and then it came back.....it has been crappy i had rosacea rellief for 2 months. Not sure what I will do have not really decided yet. it sucks! tamara
Jen

Post by Jen »

Hey Tamara

I'm still around. Just moved house last week (500kms) and still surrounded by unpacked boxes. Trying to network my other compuer but had a few probs. Urgh!

Anyway, my face is going well, not perfect but what I can deal with. Family and friends notice that my face looks better. It feels better too. Whoo hoo! I only use the ZZ when needed now. Kind of like a maintence application. Still use the Acarid soap daily though.

I haven't taken pics for ages but will attempt to do so soon. Love my new home and want to show it off! LOL

Luv Jen x