Thyroid TSH Part 2, a must read for all

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Bob Barker's army

Thyroid TSH Part 2, a must read for all

Post by Bob Barker's army »

This is a follow-up to my first post.
As I mentioned I had a very comprehensive medical exam for a deployment to Antarctica. Included in this overall exam was extensive dental treatment. I was treated by a very intellegent Chinese doctor.
Upon removing 3 old amalgom mercury fillings the Doctor put a pen-style camera into my mouth and made digital photos of the old holes that contained the mercury that had been removed. He showed me these photos on a computer screen so that we could look at them together.
He said do you see all this black at the bottom where the pulp is?
I said, "yes,is that decay" No. he replied. That is leaking amalgom mercury that has leached into the pulp. It was very black and covered the entire base of all three old removed fillings. He said this leaching goes directly into the blood stream and settles in organs like the thyroid,ovaries,testicles etc.
He told me that he takes a holistic approach to dentistry and highly recommends not putting anymore amalgom back into the holes. He said mercury is highly toxic to the body especially the thyroid gland. He said your insurance like most only covers amalgom and not composite.
He said I personally do not feel comfortable putting amalgom back into peoples mouths because I feel that it is the primary cause of gum disease, disease of the teeth and body organs. Mercury no matter if it is dental grade does not matter, the chemical make up of the metal is still the same and it is the second most harmful heavy metal to the body next to arsenic. He said the American Dental Association would fine him if they knew he was telling me these things. And that is another story of why this is still a common practice and still accepted by the A.D.A.
So where am I going with this. Well it coincides with what the Government Doctor found. That I have Hyperthyroidism. Which as I explained on my last post effects the endorcrine system, which regulates hormones and so forth which leads VERY LIKELY to skin problems because a person like myself may be excreting too much hormone which leads to increased sebum production which micro insects thrive on.
I had the holes filled with composite and am having the rest removed.
He pressured me in no way at all and I feel he was being very sincere and caring in what he was telling me. He mentioned my skin problem which is very obvious under that dental exam light and suspected the mercury as an indirect cause relating to the thyroid process.
I went home and got on the web and sure enough I found that mercury is very toxic to the thyroid process. read for yourself. (http://www.ithroid.com)
I have seen 10 dermatologists in my life. I have tried everything from accutane to anti-biotics. I recently saw a lead Dermatologist from the University of Washington. He did nothing but write a refferal to physciatrist because he said I do this to myself. I never went back.
I remember my first dermatologist saying to me, who was really trying hard to solve the skin problem I thought was acne. He said I think it is your endocrine system and you need to see an endocrinologist.
That is when I should have really listened instead of seeking the magic cure-all pill. So you see folks we put toxic metal in our bodies then go to a dermatologist who gives us a harse chemical like accutane to fix the problem but no one is making the connection.
My personal experience with dermatolgists is if it doesnt say Phizer or Merck on the bottle it doesnt work. I dont need dermatologists anymore. It has been a waste of money, at least $7000.00 to this point.
Like I said I am having the amalgom removed from my mouth, I am having secondary thyroid tests and treatments done and I will purchase a microscope to check for parasites which I can suspect are already there. You see. dont just treat the lesion, or the bacteria look further back into the process of the body and perform a controlled process of elimination. David Walker
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Does your skin get visibly oily during the day?
Marla

Amalgam -- Same for me.

Post by Marla »

Bob Barker's Army,

Oh, yes! I know very well what happens with amalgam problems.

I had a mouth full of amalgam since maybe 12 years old. It got replaced with more amalgam again and again.

Then when my dental health declined rapidly, a dentist did a full-mouth restoration, placing crowns in some places, and replacing amalgam in others. Some amalgam was replaced with newer substances.

I had amalgam vapors, spray, and chunks all over me and down my throat before she was done. I was still picking out amalgam chunks for two days from my mouth.

Then I got sick. Really sick. Deathly ill. I felt like the saying: I swelled up like a poisoned pup.

Many trips to the doctors, emergency rooms, and cardiologists revealed nothing. It was suggested that it was an emotional problem.

I have long suspected amalgam, as well as herbicides and Diazinon (sp?) as the culprits of my troubles.

Fortunately, I got over it in time, but it was a long long lonely battle.

Yes. I do know about this -- all too well. :x
Annalisa

Re: Thyroid TSH Part 2, a must read for all

Post by Annalisa »

David,

Thanks for making all of these skin connections.

I'm new to this site and Demodex.

I've tried many treatments, including Accutane. I'm very sorry that I tried Accutane before doing my own research and finding other solutions. Accutane had a few strange side-effects (temporary skin mottling on my arms, extreme tireness). I suspect that the shriking of vessels (to decrease sebum) has also damaged my heart and other organs.

Anyway, I have loads of amalgom fillings from a childhood filled with HMOs and sugar but deprived of Flouride. I'd like to have them removed ASAP, but have no dental insurance. Have your replacements been very expensive? I'd probably have to do a payment plan. Any advice? I live in Oregon but would travel for the right dental situation.

Thanks!

Anna
JMPettyWed

Mercury Poisoning

Post by JMPettyWed »

I agree. I believe I have Hashimoto's disease beause of mercury poisoning either from fillings or from contaminated fish. I got symptoms of hypothyroidism after a long period of time where I ate mostly fish (didn't check out where the fish came from) and after I got my first fillings. I didn't get a cavity until I was 23. Does anyone know or has anyone heard of hypothyroidism being reversed by eliminating all sources of mercury contamination?
Marla

Re: Mercury Poisoning

Post by Marla »

JMPettyWed wrote:Does anyone know or has anyone heard of hypothyroidism being reversed by eliminating all sources of mercury contamination?
I went from a lifetime of having a head full of amalgam to the two or three fillings that I have now. I am feeling better. My general health has improved. Although I cannot substantiate the coincidental improvement, I feel strongly that there is an association between amalgam and health.

The time it took to get better was in terms of years.

I also used to play with at least 50 mL of mercury when I was younger. I could pour it from my hand onto the table. It would roll away and drop into the carpet and disappear. :!: