ZZ cream and make up - are they compatible?

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Natalie

ZZ cream and make up - are they compatible?

Post by Natalie »

Today I've received my ZZ cream and do hope it will work for me. I have a question. Can I use my makeup with it? For years I've been using different things to hide redness on my nose and chin. For the last few years it was Estee Lauder Futurist (Age-resisting makeup, SPF 15). I can truly recommend it for those who need to mask their bad skin and look natural. Now I am thinking whether I can use together with ZZ? If not, can I use it just for special occasions when I have to look good? Without cream my skin is really red and it makes me feel really emis so embarassing!!

One more question. My family is planning to go on a holiday to Turkey soon. Should I use any sunscreens or just ZZ cream? What would you recommend?

Thanks, Natalie
cj

Post by cj »

Hi Natalie - I don't know the answer to your make-up question although from reading posts on this forum I think people recommend trying not to use it.
But I also have the same question regarding sun screen.

Walter, can you help?

Thanks,
CJ
Walter

Post by Walter »

Yes you can use make-up when necessary, also sunscreen because the most important application is the evening one, ideal would be not to use but I understand this is not possible, if you stay home and no need for make-up then better not to use but if it is needed to go out ore whatever, just do, and remove after coming home and apply the treatment, you can also try to use under your make-up.
Natalie, don't use to much in the beginning, very very little till you know how your skin reacts and how much you can handle, you have red skin and most of the time this is very sensitive skin, acne people have most of the time a greasy skin and can handle it much better.
It is not so that more works better, nothing to do with it, even a tiny little bit will work, the goal is to kill the demodex mites and even a bit ZZ will do this,
it is better to use less then getting a to dry skin, you will find out yourself how much you can use but start very slow.
Best is to use two time a day, one time in the morning and one time in the evening but it can be that in the beginning this is to much so the trick in this case is to use less, if still to much use only in the evening, if still to much skip a day, if it would happen you get dry skin anyway you could alternate with the Xin Fumanling.

Walter
Natalie

Post by Natalie »

Thanks a lot for your msg. Will try to use my makeup sparingly..

Today really went well, no dry skin or any other symptoms, but there is one issue... I did not really notice it, my husband did. It was the smell of ZZ. May be somebody has already raised this issue (sorry if so). Does it smell of sulfur? What does Xin Fumanling smell of? I looked at their profiles and it seems that they are doing the same thing. May be I can buy Xin Fumanling instead?

Thankx, Natalie
Walter

Post by Walter »

Yes, there is a bit sulfur smell and mint, if you like it yes or no is very personal, I have no problems with it but then again, personal thing, the Fumanling smells almost nothing but better to keep on using the ZZ, what you can do if you realy dont like it is alternating with the Fumanling and use the F during the day.

Walter